MAFEX Batman v Superman: DOJ Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know its not me you asked but im in the uk i ordered a wonder woman and it took 28 days to arrive ,the tracking is crap
after showing as leaving japan it showed no movement for 21 days and then miraculously it turned up in the uk and was delivered the next day , no way it takes 21 days to fly from japan to the uk
heres the details of my miraculous journey

hlj are a non option for me now as there express service is good and fast but too expensive and attracts heavy customs charges
and the sal service is super slow and poor tracking capabilities and hlj expect you to wait 30 working days for delivery and a further 30 working day before they will consider a claim for a lost item

way too risky for me to buy again under those circumstances

Item number Class of goods Additional services
RR 491 264 249 JP Registered Mail / Insured Mail

History information
State occurrence date
(In local time if occurred overseas) Shipping track record Details Office Prefecture / Country
ZIP code(Postal code number)
11/12/2016 13:59 Posting/Collection TATEBAYASHI GUMMA
374-8799
11/16/2016 17:00 Dispatch from outward office of exchange TOKYO INT TOKYO
138-8799
12/07/2016 01:14 Arrival at inward office of exchange LANGLEY HWDC UNITED KINGDOM

12/07/2016 03:08 Arrival at inward office of exchange LANGLEY HWDC UNITED KINGDOM

12/08/2016 12:25 Final delivery UNITED KINGDOM

Any fellow Canadian collectors here? How long does it usually take for something to come through SAL from HobbyLinkJapan? I know it's the Christmas season so post might be a bit slower, but I've been waiting exactly 1 month now for my Armored Batman and Wonder Woman... getting a tad worried but I won't start freaking out until after Christmas if they haven't arrived by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not Canadian I am in the USA, but my HLJ SAL order usually take 10-17 days. I have had one take about a month for no reason though...

In other news, I bit the BatBullet and ordered a bootleg Batfleck from China on eBay. Let's see how it turns out. I typically do not get bootlegs as the times that I have (Ronin Boba Fett, various Lego figures) I am never happy with them. But youse guys say that there is no real difference, so I thought I would take a shot. I have licenced versions of the others from BvS, but didn't want to pony up for this suit as it is the least interesting visually. I would be interested to see if they bootleg Superman with a regular flesh colored face instead of orange :rotfl

Last edited:
Finally got an armored batman and I am quite pleased with him. I also have started getting diorama parts like the Tamashii effect pieces. I was hesistant for a long time, since they are not figures per say, but they are very fun.
20161217_135655-1.jpg
20161217_135912-1.jpg

So my replacement regular Batman came in today. Just took the right bicep down as the paint job was better on my older figure. This time, I'm playing it safe and if you find the hands fit on just a bit too tight, I have a great tip for you.

Take a 5/64" drill bit, stick the spiralled end into the hole of the hand, and give it a couple twists BY HAND. The hand should then fit onto the peg much more comfortably. Just don't twist too much or the hand may fit on too loosely.

I didn't even realize the Mafex Suicide Squad Joker had been released! Came across a couple in hand pictures on Instagram. I really couldn't care less for this figure as I hated the movie and Leto's take on the character, but for those who are interested, here you go!
57a72681723026bd0901af034d273249.png
04d4a5b187b88778e692826dec4d0d58.png
b9a72e972126e661258f649570b9e96a.png

I love it, but that face, those purple eye rings... The head is kinda ruining it

Loved his take so I'm getting this, thanks for the pics

Just thought I would share one more picture I found of Joker, as it shows off different angles and you can see that they got him into a sitting pose.
2cc706dc63564d88b2d319be97439793.png

Once again, I got some new pictures I found on Instagram. Here's some in hand pictures of the Mafex Harley Quinn:
eadc0df56fde32098a54c05def84e3f6.png

And for those who are interested, here's Mafex compared to the S.H.Figuarts:
3aaf16036215817af599dd158d56559a.png
4d25fc783b89f12b6c247c7bebeae71a.png

Once again, I got some new pictures I found on Instagram. Here's some in hand pictures of the Mafex Harley Quinn:
eadc0df56fde32098a54c05def84e3f6.png

And for those who are interested, here's Mafex compared to the S.H.Figuarts:
3aaf16036215817af599dd158d56559a.png
4d25fc783b89f12b6c247c7bebeae71a.png

... that's actually a production sample from MAFEX that they showed off in their blog. It also says Harley is their first digitally painted figure to be able to reproduce the small details like her eyes and tattoos

Sent from my ALE-L23 using Tapatalk

How'd that guy get the shf joker? Unless it's a pic from Bandai? I'm actually liking the mafex ones more.... METALLIC [emoji1]

Armored Batman and Wonder Woman FINALLY came in today, and after such a long wait, I'm a bit disappointed. They look great, but those damn QC issues rear their ugly head once again. Why does Medicom keep making the hands fit so tightly onto their tiny wrist pegs? Both of them have this issue much like the regular Batman, only this time the pegs appear to be slightly wider. Not wide enough to significantly reduce the chance of breakage, but wide enough so I can't use a drill bit to loosen up the hands without making them too loose like I did with regular Batman. Sadly I accidentally widened one of Armored Batman's hands too much, so it would just fall off. I managed to tighten it up again though after some fiddling with glue, but it still has made me just a tad sour on that figure.

I ended up just heating the hands a couple times, widening the hole, and running cold water on them. They fit more comfortably now but I shouldn't have to do that in the first place! Haven't done it for Wonder Woman yet, but those hands seem to be even tighter. Just pisses me off. I don't want to break more pegs. If I do end up breaking these at some point, I won't be replacing them like I did with regular Batman.

Also, the shield with Wonder Woman is missing a strap! It's the one she would hold, so now the shield just slides off super easily and makes posing extremely frustrating. Anybody have any suggestions on what I can do?

I'm just so frustrated as major flaws like these coupled with the usual minors issues and nitpicks really detract from the entire figure! There's a lot to love but I just don't know. I got Boba Fett (ESB) for Christmas and he is nearly flawless, but then I got these and they are just a big step down. After buying 8 Mafex figures (while I like all of them despite their flaws, and even love a couple), I may be done with buying any more save for Knightmare Batman to complete the BVS line. I have been more supportive and optimistic about Medicom and their Mafex line, but I thought that after 25 figures they would have significantly improved their QC issues....

So I thought I would give it till the morning to fully judge both figures. Armored Batman is all around a great figure. Wish he had more accessories out of the box and I really hate how tight the hands were originally. Besides those things he looks like a beast!
ff9278b16d16fc87489ca136378d8d86.jpg
bd1c0465b150aebb040e7c0c04bc4bfb.jpg

Wonder Woman on the other hand? Eh.... I was really hyped up for this figure as it is my first Wonder Woman and I love the character a lot. It's taken too long for me to have a WW in my collection haha. But those QC issues.... I really wanted to love this figure but I just noticed ANOTHER major problem. I got two left gauntlets instead of a right and a left. It really bothers me now that I have noticed it.
84186ef8d4336bedce19039615e4c346.jpg
Heres a look at the shield I mentioned last night. Gonna try operating on it this morning.
aea091d1062486a3b2e4a26d1c853007.jpg
Paint apps are great and the amount of accessories are great, but two big defects in a single $50 figure? C'mon! Plus the hands are also extremely tight like Armored Batman. [emoji849]

So I thought I would give it till the morning to fully judge both figures. Armored Batman is all around a great figure. Wish he had more accessories out of the box and I really hate how tight the hands were originally. Besides those things he looks like a beast!
ff9278b16d16fc87489ca136378d8d86.jpg
bd1c0465b150aebb040e7c0c04bc4bfb.jpg

Wonder Woman on the other hand? Eh.... I was really hyped up for this figure as it is my first Wonder Woman and I love the character a lot. It's taken too long for me to have a WW in my collection haha. But those QC issues.... I really wanted to love this figure but I just noticed ANOTHER major problem. I got two left gauntlets instead of a right and a left. It really bothers me now that I have noticed it.
84186ef8d4336bedce19039615e4c346.jpg
Heres a look at the shield I mentioned last night. Gonna try operating on it this morning.
aea091d1062486a3b2e4a26d1c853007.jpg
Paint apps are great and the amount of accessories are great, but two big defects in a single $50 figure? C'mon! Plus the hands are also extremely tight like Armored Batman. [emoji849]

ugh! I hear ya on the frustrations here with WW. This is partly why I stopped ordering Play Arts figures. I've had more than a handful over the years that have the same limb on the left and right. It's weird. Thankfully if BBTS and Amazon do exchanges for these issues.

that mafex harley looks really good i think. surprised its better than the SHF.

I can appreciate Wonder Woman a bit more after loosening up the hands and "fixing" the shield. She's not perfect but much more enjoyable now.

Fixed shield before and after:
78414beab49f08232719f3ebad49361b.jpg

4ed49e59509ce524ec5e6365aa40f7e0.jpg

81df91c9db307db56185abb8fdab22b1.jpg
0b31be256c07738d78f18456b39b4813.jpg
3b76d222d36d2cda853271992caf381f.jpg
2273693e198535ae12307d92632672b9.jpg

But how awesome is this:
1dc419863fd645b846d96f245aad069d.jpg

For those who are interested, here's some photos and a review of the bootleg "no box" Mafex Batman from u/theONE306 on the r/actionfigures reddit sub.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/4VGvB

For a bootleg it doesn't look bad at all, though I think the official does look slightly better. Could be great for customs.

...first review of the Joker. I also wish it came with interchangeable bare arms, but it does look amazing. I was worried about the pain on the face but it turned out great. I hope those QC issues are an isolated case.

...first review of the Joker. I also wish it came with interchangeable bare arms, but it does look amazing. I was worried about the pain on the face but it turned out great. I hope those QC issues are an isolated case.

Wow, the initial photos didn't look great, but that has to be the most detailed mafex I've ever seen. Hopefully they use they are actually using the digital painting technique from now on, because those paint apps on the open mouth joker face are insane. Such a shame they couldn't have done the same for Wonder Woman.

Back