MAFEX Batman v Superman: DOJ Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I attempted to recreate some Injustice promotional artwork.
080d3ae4393540e444c388428314f19c.jpg
dabc0e26501f644fcfa8cb988f231bb6.jpg

Side note, I'm a little worried about Batman's right hand peg. It seems somewhat weak, and it doesn't help that some of the hands fit tighter than my other Mafex figures. Really, really don't want it to break. Anybody have tips for breakage prevention? I don't man handle my figures at least, but if it broke I would be so disappointed. He has quickly become one of, if not my favourite figure in my entire collection.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I attempted to recreate some Injustice promotional artwork.
080d3ae4393540e444c388428314f19c.jpg
dabc0e26501f644fcfa8cb988f231bb6.jpg

Side note, I'm a little worried about Batman's right hand peg. It seems somewhat weak, and it doesn't help that some of the hands fit tighter than my other Mafex figures. Really, really don't want it to break. Anybody have tips for breakage prevention? I don't man handle my figures at least, but if it broke I would be so disappointed. He has quickly become one of, if not my favourite figure in my entire collection.....

...nice posing there!

Just my damn luck. This is my 5th Mafex figure and my first breakage. He's quickly become one of my favourite figures too. :(

Anybody know if you can get replacement pegs? Otherwise I might order one of those "no box" bootleg ones for new pegs. Really bummed right now.

b232ca869189897545bfe4d602d4ddef.jpg

Well I was impulsive and I tried to fix it. Only screwed it up further and now a replacement peg wouldn't even help.

In the end I was like "well... damn it" as I clicked the place order button on Amazon for a new one.

Just my damn luck. This is my 5th Mafex figure and my first breakage. He's quickly become one of my favourite figures too. :(

Anybody know if you can get replacement pegs? Otherwise I might order one of those "no box" bootleg ones for new pegs. Really bummed right now.

When my forearm in my Vader broke, I reached for a replacement part (offered to pay) and never got a response. So if you figure out how to reach them, please let me know!

The bootlegs are reportedly good quality so the pegs would have been fine, and I'm sure someone would have been happy to buy the rest of the figure off you for custom fodder

Speaking of bootlegs, that figure would be great for a custom imposter joker, in an import Style. With these bootlegs if you wait a little bit they go down in price drastically, the bootleg ml Deadpool went from $35 to $8, but that's in the course of a year

thats unfortunate
the nobox versions are super close to my original ,ive had 2 nobox figures ,one to fix up my supes and one to mess around with ,it can do every thing the expensive boxed one i got from hlj
heres a couple of crappy pics ,if i were you id buy the unboxed figure and swap the whole arm or from the shoulder down ,they pop apart pretty easy when heated up ,good luck i hope it works out for you
31449450082_da2d211cdf_c.jpg
31480144881_f3c8a17c36_z.jpg

hlj expensive on the left unboxed on the right

thats unfortunate
the nobox versions are super close to my original ,ive had 2 nobox figures ,one to fix up my supes and one to mess around with ,it can do every thing the expensive boxed one i got from hlj
heres a couple of crappy pics ,if i were you id buy the unboxed figure and swap the whole arm or from the shoulder down ,they pop apart pretty easy when heated up ,good luck i hope it works out for you
31449450082_da2d211cdf_c.jpg
31480144881_f3c8a17c36_z.jpg

hlj expensive on the left unboxed on the right
...why is there so much shine on the bootleg's face? And is it darker? Maybe it's the light? What about Superman?

Sent from my ALE-L23 using Tapatalk

no idea mate ,i didn't manufacture it :lol
i honestly think its the light from my monitor ,,the light is awful here in leafy cheshire today ,it just never got really light
in hand it looks about the same as hlj version , but with slightly cleaner paint apps around the edge of the mask but with the strange beard shading going on:lol
as for supes he's the one i got from hlj ,his were hips broken on arrival in package ,so i used the inner hip section of unboxed bats to repair him

no idea mate ,i didn't manufacture it [emoji38]
i honestly think its the light from my monitor ,,the light is awful here in leafy cheshire today ,it just never got really light
in hand it looks about the same as hlj version , but with slightly cleaner paint apps around the edge of the mask but with the strange beard shading going on[emoji38]
as for supes he's the one i got from hlj ,his were hips broken on arrival in package ,so i used the inner hip section of unboxed bats to repair him
Based off some well lighted listing pics the face is very dark bc they just airbrushed it grey, but it's nothing some paintwork couldn't fix. Like all knockoffs the plastic is probably suuuuuuuuuuuuper shiny

honestly no discernible difference in the quality of the plastic at all of two i have, that i can see in hand
lights a little better today ,unboxed figure on the top hlj below
31471123512_282fcec89f_z.jpg

either way still a viable option for spares or repairs or customs

honestly no discernible difference in the quality of the plastic at all of two i have, that i can see in hand
lights a little better today ,unboxed figure on the top hlj below
31471123512_282fcec89f_z.jpg

either way still a viable option for spares or repairs or customs
...how is your Superman holding up. I wasn't careful when doing some stuff and the peg inside the hip broke :( I was thinking about getting a new one, but if there's a less expensive alternative to fix it I'll take it
It even looks like the bootleg has better paintjob [emoji38]

Sent from my ALE-L23 using Tapatalk

still a bit floppy in the joints ,
i had exactly the same problem with mine as you described ,but mine was broken in the tray :thud:

yeah its a doable fix using the unboxed bats for parts but its not a straight fix bats inside hip waist connector is a different size to supes ,needs a bit of dremeling and glueing ,and using bats ball joints, but doable lmk if you want a walk through before you buy

Any fellow Canadian collectors here? How long does it usually take for something to come through SAL from HobbyLinkJapan? I know it's the Christmas season so post might be a bit slower, but I've been waiting exactly 1 month now for my Armored Batman and Wonder Woman... getting a tad worried but I won't start freaking out until after Christmas if they haven't arrived by then.

Back