Mad Max: Fury Road

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the movie was mostly about Max , but wasn't solely his story. I'm not sure I've seen that before.

There were a number of "Holy ****!" moments, which I found really refreshing.

Spoiler Spoiler:

So the guitar and speakers dude didn't bother anyone?

Wasteland with Van Halen speakers?

Maybe GM will do a Lucas and go back to RW and put working speakers in all the cars with blaring heavy metal music.

Humungus the Metal Lord will be his new name.

Oh well, I guess if there are working cars there can be working speakers.

I'll eventually come around on this movie. :lol

You mean Coma Doof? **** no. A blind, deaf guy strapped in that just wants to shred and has no clue whats happening around him. amazing.

There were a number of "Holy ****!" moments, which I found really refreshing.

Spoiler Spoiler:

i love that banzai attack. Witness!!!!
i bet that would be trending soon.

#witness

lolz

Was he blind/deaf, I missed that explanation. :slap

At first I thought the silver spray was some form of explosive! :lol

Deckard and fosing will set me straight. :lol

Pretty good movie. Fast paced with over the top characters and action! Now we need some 1:6 figures.

Was he blind/deaf, I missed that explanation. :slap

naked-gun-face-palm-head-slap-doh-1360196138K.gif

:lol

Those damn heavy accents.

Shouldn't there be giant spiders in post apocalyptic Australia?

Not that it would take much to make Australia spiders any bigger really. :lol

Last edited:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Well put.

This hyperbole that Furiosa was the main character and stole the show from Max is annoying. Max is clearly the center of the film. There are so many moments where the story doesn't progress without him being a catalyst of sorts. He saves the war rig from being blown to bits, he saves the war rig from over heating, he leaves the group to go kill the blinded "Justice" guy and load up on more ammo and explosives. Hell, it is Max's idea to go back to te Citadel! There's also Nux. Are people forgetting his substantial character arc? He starts out as an insane war boy to an enlightened, sympathetic hero. Every character gets their time to shine.

It seems like, because Max isn't dead center on stage, chewing up scenery, people write it off as it not being "his" story. That's missing the point of his character in my opinion. Honestly, it reminds me of the criticisms of Batman 1989 where critics kept writing off Batman and saying it should be called "The Joker", just because Batman/Bruce Wayne was an introverted/non-flamboyant character. I guarantee if someone timed/stop watched Max's screen time on this film, it would be more than any other character.

How did Furiosa even become his top general when all other women in that society were cows, slave workers or sex slaves.

Of course the one single female he trusted turned on him.

Last edited:
If this film doesn't prove that Theron is so beautiful nothing will...even with one arm and so f'd up at the end I'ld hit that...LOL I bet Jye would agree.. My only thing is that I wish Max was the one that the heavy hated(like the past films) and not Furiosa.

Back