Mad Max: Fury Road

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't comment on the film yet as I have not seen it but.......feminism? Seriously?
That wank better stay away from Star wars because a few of the lead roles will be women, and that is a good thing I believe!
So am really looking forward to this movie!

Didn't really feel any feminist vibes. Not sure why all these reviews are bringing it up. You had those huge cows being used for lactation. Those brides being used for nothing but reproduction. Those female warriors getting killed brutally left and right. That doesn't really scream empowerment to me.

I thought Furiosa was a great, strong character, not because she was a woman, but because she was written and acted extremely well. Didn't matter what gender she was for me.

I guess because the story involved women 'fighting back' but I didn't have a problem with it. Seems as worthwhile a story as any. And Furiosa is a cool character without it seeming forced and pandering.

some guys are furious that Charlize replaced Max as the main character. Which is understandable people get angry all the time when characters get replaced.

Also from what I gather what happened is that Miller asked a famous feminist to oversee the film and make sure it was okay with her or something like that. I guess she was like a guide for him. So some people took that in a bad way.

But from what I am hearing, I think he did that just to save his ass from any backlash. by doing what he did people won't be able to say the movie was too harsh on women (Seeing how much stuff goes on in the movie)

I already saw some people on twitter starting to say that the movie was anti-woman... But other people responded quickly telling them they were wrong. :dunno

One thing this movie isn't, is anti women. :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Now I'm thinking of the Raiders/Indy scenario of remove Indy and movie stays the same.

Remove Max from this movie, does anything change.

Need to see it again.

Now I'm thinking of the Raiders/Indy scenario of remove Indy and movie stays the same.

Need to see it again.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Didn't really feel any feminist vibes. Not sure why all these reviews are bringing it up. You had those huge cows being used for lactation. Those brides being used for nothing but reproduction. Those female warriors getting killed brutally left and right. That doesn't really scream empowerment to me.

I thought Furiosa was a great, strong character, not because she was a woman, but because she was written and acted extremely well. Didn't matter what gender she was for me.

1.funny to see those fatso getting milked, in a post apocalyptic setting. like there was any fastfood chain.
2.what else are you gonna use immortan joes poontang collection? that shat is a given.
3.brutally killed, sure. EVERYONE of them,male and female that died, died brutally.

CDXs6pGUkAASw5c.png

Spoiler Spoiler:

Just put on original MM, you are correct, he had a son, not a girl.

Weird then that they kept fixating on visions of a little girl.

Need to see it again.

and you watched tranformers with marky mark how many times?lolz

redeem yourself!!!

witness!!!!

Mad-Max-Fury-Road-First-Look-Comic-Con-Trailer-still-6.jpg

you take max out of this movie, this movie ends before they reach the sandstorm.lolz

Sure it wasn't a boy with girly hair? :lol

It is the wasteland, you may be right. :lol

and you watched tranformers with marky mark how many times?lolz

redeem yourself!!!

witness!!!!

Mad-Max-Fury-Road-First-Look-Comic-Con-Trailer-still-6.jpg

you take max out of this movie, this movie ends before they reach the sandstorm.lolz

Ok, Ok, I'm taking the wife today...sheesh. :lol

Don't forget that Rosie Huntington Whiteley was also in a Transformers movie. :lol

I didn't feel like Furiousa was the main character of the movie, it actually felt like Nux dominated the beginning of the movie, Furiousa the middle and Max finally takes over towards the latter part of the film. All three great characters in my opinion.

That was pretty brutal.

More so that it happens right after the

Spoiler Spoiler:

Then to make it even more disturbing

Spoiler Spoiler:

you saw what happened to her...

8DfyTgY.gif

that was a holy shat moment for me. i did not see that coming.lolz

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back