Mad Max: Fury Road

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not my fault they got the Max part wrong in a Mad Max titled movie. :(

i think if you watch it 7 more times you might change your mind :)

I am very curious of the box office for this movie.

My 7pm advanced screening for AOU was sold out.

The advance screening for this lastnight at 7pm was me and 2 other guys. :lol

My wife wants to go now. :gah:

Not my fault they got the Max part wrong in a Mad Max titled movie. :(

its_a_party_of_one_when_you_are_forever_alone_640_65.jpg

:lol

I know I know, 100% RT.

Oh well, maybe repeat viewings will help, who knows.

But those are the feelings I walked away with on 1st impression.

There were some decent parts, but overall not what "I" wanted out of a new MM movie.

Nah, it's all good. :lol Like I said, I never cared much about Max like some other 80s characters so I get it. But it was just a such a fun ride unlike, really, anything else. Can't help but appreciate it for that. Can't wait to see it again. It's not perfect but I liked even the more campy aspects. The old women were really cool. Was like a super badass version of everyone's mom. Dredd wasn't exactly realistic either, just gotta appreciate what this managed to do in this day and age.

What you're saying makes sense and is logical, those parts I enjoyed (btw, absolutely love new Dredd movie, that was handled very well).

I guess what I was looking for was quality restraint on GM part, but that's foolish of me on a 200 million dollar movie.

You know what I used to dream about, a 200 million dollar RW movie. :lol

I know :slap

Sometimes becareful what you wish for.

Last edited:
I think without any expectations, you will like it more on repeat viewings. As a casual fan of Mad Max, which I think most people probably are since it's one of the few things that are well known yet still pretty cultish, it's obviously hitting the right notes. The truth is, Max is along for the ride, it's Theron's movie, but that worked for me. As a sequel, I completely understand why die hards may not love it, but you still gotta appreciate it.

Figured I would pop in here and tell everyone what a great time I had last night watching this. What a blast!

Makes AoU look utterly tired, going through the motions bad- so superior in pure thrills and excitement- NOTHING predictable and cliched...'nuff said:rotfl

Very excited to see this. I am a bit nervous about Max's apparent lack of screen time, though.

Don't be. He's in the entire movie save for maybe 10 minutes. The story is told from his pov, he just isn't the main focus most of the time. He's the strong, silent type, it's old school. He's caught in the middle of a **** storm, and just wants to do what minimal amount he can to save face and go back to being alone. I thought it worked perfectly.

Don't be. He's in the entire movie save for maybe 10 minutes. The story is told from his pov, he just isn't the main focus most of the time. He's the strong, silent type, it's old school. He's caught in the middle of a **** storm, and just wants to do what minimal amount he can to save face and go back to being alone. I thought it worked perfectly.

This actually sounds perfect. That eases my concerns a bit, thanks!

Why you lying to him. :lol

I kid, this is accurate, I was happy when he finally got untied though.

:lol

Would you say it's worth forking over the extra cash for 3D?

Yeah, if you got cash to spare, then by all means.

I did cause out of convenience and mostly my friend had free movie tickets so I paid the difference.

I would say it does enhance some of the many great scenes.

Back