Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight - Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Collector Freak said:
How is that an excellent headsculpt? Luke never made that face. It looks a little ridiculous in some of those poses as well. But I'll wait until I get mine to judge it more fairly.

Because the person feels that way. The same way you keep bitching that it isn't. :rolleyes:

jlcmsu said:
Because the person feels that way. The same way you keep bitching that it isn't. :rolleyes:

I've mentioned this earlier, Mat Falls said his sculpt wss intended to capture the essence of Luke and he was inspired by the scenes of Luke at Jabba's Palace in ROTJ. I love this Luke and these pics only reinforce my feelings.

Thanks to everyone who has posted images!!!:bow
As I get to see everybody's Luke, not only do I become sadder not having received a ship notice, but I am increasingly unsure of how to display this figure.

Luke is ten pounds of cool in a five pound bag, and I have to figure out a way to display Luke with all of the gear he comes with!

Well on one hand we have the best Luke likeness ever and on the other we have a expression that has never been used before.

Last run of images here. As you can see I've only tried him in his stripped down Jedi gear. Next, I'm going to disrobe him to see if I can get the clothing to fit better.

I also have no idea how I'm ultimately going to pose him: cloak, tunic, or just in his cool black Jedi gear -- which hands? Bone or no bone? :google

luke-a.jpg

luke-b.jpg

luke-c.jpg

luke-d.jpg

luke-e.jpg

Wor-Gar said:
This one kinda looks like the saber's lit...

luke-battle-1.jpg

Finally figured out how to do this... thanks Deke!

lukepixforSSpost4.jpg

No problemo man, glad I could a brother out. Also good job on the pics.

I'm still not liking those boots. If I really don't like them in person I might try to get some from Newline miniatures.

Wor-Gar said:
Last run of images here. As you can see I've only tried him in his stripped down Jedi gear. Next, I'm going to disrobe him to see if I can get the clothing to fit better.

I also have no idea how I'm ultimately going to pose him: cloak, tunic, or just in his cool black Jedi gear -- which hands? Bone or no bone? :google

luke-a.jpg

This one is cool, def RS worthy for posting

Has anyone tried to remove the belt yet? It looks like it might be really hard to get back on.

Also, with all the excitement over the pictures of Luke, I overlooked another great piece -- the BOX! Yes, it really is awesome. No ties! Its bubbled so no plastic rests on his nose. Perfect for display -- although I can't imagine how anyone could resist opening him up. And the magnet gag is really nice.

As it is impossible to pose Luke with everything he comes with, its nice to have a great place to store the extra hands and bone.

Now where the heck am I gonna put all these SW boxes??? :google

pjam said:
This one is cool, def RS worthy for posting

Thank P. But I never did get set up over there. I've been an avid onlooker for a couple years on RS, even know many of the guys over there, but for some reason my SP and email have issues with that system and I can't get my "approval" sent to me.

Anyway, if you'd like to post it there, please feel free. Alot of those guys are over here now anyway though -- the good ones, not the complainers :D

I don't expect to see mine till Monday so I really apreciate you guys who are posting pictures. I think he looks brilliant. Something to look forward to which is very exciting for a Monday.
I understand wanting a different expression but this one in my opinion is very representative of Jedi Luke in "RotJ".
I won't know until the figure arrives but I think I may switch bodies out to a DML one as some have been talking about, I just am not crazy about how SSC bodies look dressed.
Also, I'm biased as I know the owner and he's a very nice guy, but Newline Miniatures boots are fabulously well done little pieces of art and will improve an already amazing figure. Beyond that I don't know what you'd do to improve the figure.
My problem is I want like eleven of them to set up in different situatitions like Deathstar throne room, Jabba's palace, the arena (I mean he comes with the femur for goodness sakes), etc.. Hope it isn't impossible to at least find a second one to have so I can leave an unmolested exclusive version in the box.

chamildav said:
Also, I'm biased as I know the owner and he's a very nice guy, but Newline Miniatures boots are fabulously well done little pieces of art and will improve an already amazing figure.

Tell your friend, the owner, that Newline ROCKS! I have a pair of those boots for a custom "Raiders" villain and they're awesome. Just like real miniature leather boots. I'm in no way associated with Newline but I highly advise anyone who needs boots to get them there. They're so worth the price.

Luke would definitely look better in those boots. For posterity though, I'm gonna keep all parts Sideshow myself. Although I'm thinking seriously about swapping out the body for DML or BBI. :rolleyes:

Yeah I think the likeness is spot on.

still_return_of_jedi_03.jpg

And could someone pose Luke like this? This was my favorite image as a kid and I guess it still is.

1594.jpg

Wor-Gar said:
Thank P. But I never did get set up over there. I've been an avid onlooker for a couple years on RS, even know many of the guys over there, but for some reason my SP and email have issues with that system and I can't get my "approval" sent to me.

Anyway, if you'd like to post it there, please feel free. Alot of those guys are over here now anyway though -- the good ones, not the complainers :D

I'm not hard-core w/rs, just thought it would do it justice

Still stuck in the Dagobah muck
Pj

DekeStarkiller said:
Yeah I think the likeness is spot on.

still_return_of_jedi_03.jpg

And could someone pose Luke like this? This was my favorite image as a kid and I guess it still is.

1594.jpg

That's what I tried to do in my last shots...unsuccessfully...but its a tough balancing act with the figure. The feet aren't adjustable enough to pose him that forward. Plus, his right arm only bends 90 degrees at the moment. I'll keep at it.

Yea, my only only only pick on Luke are the boots. They flare out too much. You can see in the pic above they should be close fitting.

I will also be fitting him with some Newline boots.

Here's an interesting note:

If you take Luke's boots off -- he has "socks" sewn onto his feet! Yes, they're like those 'jammies you used to wear as a kiddie. Its all a one-piece deal.

Back