Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight - Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked out e-bay too and it is strange to think that Exclusive Jedi Luke may surpass Premium Format Luke in value in the near future. Strange because I think that is an awesome and underappreciated piece. I know it has to do with edition size, etc, but it is still strange to think about. Star Wars fans should seriously give that piece a better look.

Rugby1970 said:
It bodes well for the LOTR 12" line as well since so far they seem even better and more detailed than the Star Wars figs.

Great Job Sideshow.

I agree with this. The LOTR 1/6 figs will blow people away IMO.

OK, here's some initial feedback on my LUKE Ex:

I love this figure. The excitement has made me bias. Overall, FOR THE PRICE, its great. The sculpt is fine in person, honest.

Here's what I don't like:

The arms only bend to 90 degrees -- can't put his arms akimbo.

The hands are not as moveable as say Dragon. And they tend to pop off when trying to pose them. Its good for swapping hands, not so good for posing.

The pants tend to pinch in at the hip joints -- definitely need to stuff some TP in there to fill him out.

Last thing, the head is a bit big, even relative to the other Sideshow figures I have. Actually, he's quite tall for a "short body". He's nearly as tall as my James Bond figure. Not a big deal really if he's in scale to the other Star Wars guys but we'll see...

That's the bad bits so far. If you're a customizer, this figure will look a lot better with a Dragon body no doubt.

However, these nitpicks aside, I am sooooooooo happy with him. A really great product.

OK, here's some quick pix -- not as good as MJ's or Mista Carrot's I know, but I tried to do some different lighting to see if I could hide Luke's "lemon" mouth.

Here's the same pose in 2 different lighting schemes (flash, no flash). You can see the difference.

In person he looks a lot more like the "no flash" version.

A few others quickly. I know they're dark, but until the sun changes position I have to use the no flash approach.

The last one is Luke in full sunlight. The face still isn't bad in harsh glare.

I'll be taking pix all day to try and get some good ones. If there's any request, let 'em fly...

The arms only bend to 90 degrees -- can't put his arms akimbo.

Most SSC figures tend to stick a bit at the elbow and you have to use a little force the first time to get the arms to bend further. I assume that's the case with Luke as well.

Darklord Dave said:
Most SSC figures tend to stick a bit at the elbow and you have to use a little force the first time to get the arms to bend further. I assume that's the case with Luke as well.

I haven't had that trouble before, but I didn't want to push it too much. Once I get the courage to do a redress, I'll see what we're dealing with.

Incidently, do you know if that "wash" method is OK with a wire in the lapel?

Wor-Gar said:
A few others quickly. I know they're dark, but until the sun changes position I have to use the no flash approach.

The last one is Luke in full sunlight. The face still isn't bad in harsh glare.

I'll be taking pix all day to try and get some good ones. If there's any request, let 'em fly...

I think he looks great! I really love this Luke!

I think he's looking great in these newer pics but the bunched up crotch area of the pants doesn't look good at all. But it's not an issue with me as I'll probably be displaying him with his cloak on. He looks too cool with it on.

EVILFACE said:
Yup, work both the upper and lower joint on the elbows and knees.

Well... you're both right...about the left arm anyway. I got that to move more, so I take away my earlier comment. However, my right arm is really stuck. Again, I'll redress him later and see what's up there.

FlyAndFight said:
I think he's looking great in these newer pics but the bunched up crotch area of the pants doesn't look good at all. But it's not an issue with me as I'll probably be displaying him with his cloak on. He looks too cool with it on.

Yes, as I said, the hip area on mine has some "pinching issues". Not sure you'll all have this problem. The indentation at the leg joints is the culprit. Its fixable and not too big a deal. With the vest on, and the cloak, its no issue.

Just now check out all the images, this is one HOT piece, and a terrific way to get the line off! Rock on SS!

This sculpt is Matt's finest hour, and that new packaging is a collector's dream. Here's a quick look:

Luke1.jpg

Luke2.jpg

Luke3.jpg

Luke4.jpg

Luke5.jpg

The new collapsible light box I picked up on eBay sure helps compensate for my fixed-focus digital camera...

Last edited:
How is that an excellent headsculpt? Luke never made that face. It looks a little ridiculous in some of those poses as well. But I'll wait until I get mine to judge it more fairly.

Great pics Wor, Gruff, Jow! Also mister carrot from RS. I cant wait to get mine Sat now.

I must admit the head DOES look a tad too big and his facial expression doesn't work for Luke fighting with a lit saber... but the cloak takes care of both of those nitpicks. I'm just going to pose him in a relaxed, "attempting a mind trick on Jabba" sorta way and I'll have no problems.

- J!

Wor-Gar said:
This one kinda looks like the saber's lit...

luke-battle-1.jpg

Finally figured out how to do this... thanks Deke!

lukepixforSSpost4.jpg

That top pic is THE ONE and Gruff's are absolutely superb. Thanks guys!

Back