LOTR PF's

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
I'll wait if I have to, but I just expected more than one PF announced in 2006.

:monkey2

But of course if they were pumping out too many there would be many that would cry foul because they can't afford them all.

I can live with only 2-3 a year, I'd actually prefer it. But a year between announcements is a joke and how can you kick off a line by having such a long gap between products.

I am just glad I didn't liquidate my Weta stuff in hopes of the PF line. :monkey3

I do have some more room though, I needs me a GtG and Aragorn PF. :monkey5

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a huge LOTR fan. I like the movies, they are visually stunning and Peter Jackson did a great job retelling Tolkien's tale on the big screen.

With that being said, I hope that more LOTR PF's come out before interest really starts to decline to the point where diehards just don't care. I'd love to see a Legolas, Aragorn, Gimli, and especially Gandalf released down the line...

Nitro said:
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a huge LOTR fan. I like the movies, they are visually stunning and Peter Jackson did a great job retelling Tolkien's tale on the big screen.

With that being said, I hope that more LOTR PF's come out before interest really starts to decline to the point where diehards just don't care. I'd love to see a Legolas, Aragorn, Gimli, and especially Gandalf released down the line...

THAT is why I think they should announce more than one LoTR PF per year. I mean I'll always love LoTR, it's part of my childhood, but to people who just got into it from the movies, their interesting is going to wane when all the hype is over. If I were SS, to maximize on these people, ANNOUNCE MORE PFSSSSSSSSS!

jlcmsu said:
How much of a die hard are you if you lose interest?

Well, I have friends that got WAY into LoTR with the movies, and since then, they have not been that adament about it....

congerking said:
Well, I have friends that got WAY into LoTR with the movies, and since then, they have not been that adament about it....

Well, I tend to refer to people that do that as bandwagon fans. Kind of like a person who likes a sports team while they are on top then not so much when they are down.

congerking said:

How many of them started collecting anything LOTR though? I don't think casual fans become collectors.

im all about them announcing a new PF or two, but i cant afford them if they randomly throw 3 out next week and they all start shipping the same time. especially with other lines out there. i will probably pick and choose which PFs to buy, but what happens if they announce more than one must have character at once??? Aragon, Gandolf, Gimli are the only 3 PF i MUST own right now. but i'm sure i will buy more once they start shipping like i did with Lurtz.

congerking said:

Same here. One of my closest friends was WAY into LOTR as well. To the point he was only collecting LOTR merchandise and nothing else. He purchased alot of the figures at the time the movies were released and bought higher end Sideshow items but for whatever reason, never ordered the Lurtz when made first available for pre-order.

I asked him why (since it's an incredible PF and he is a LOTR die-hard)...He explained that Lurtz looked nice but really didn't see the line developing the way he wished. He said if 1 or more of his favorite characters (he listed Gollum, Aragorn, Arwen, etc) were made available first... he probably would've gotten into the line. But for whatever reason, never felt the rush to purchase the Lurtz (or even the Frodo).

I don't really think he's gonna get into this line no matter how much I've been trying to push 1/4 scale format. He gave up before he even started...That pretty bad for someone who considers himself a "diehard."

I think we are all just having LOTR PF withdrawls...like a good "supplier" Sideshow will be giving us our fix soon enough :D

I'm actually glad of the break with all the other Star Wars and Marvel big ticket items coming soon.

Nitro;

on the other hand, I wouldn't buy Gollum or Arwen as a first statue. It is all choices andI think SS made a good choice with Lurtz, as he did not have a nice proper statue before. Plus 4-5 people buy Lurtz from Turkiye (there are only 10 collectors by the way and 7 of them are only SW :D )

Lurtz wouldn't have been my first character choice, but after seeing him in person, he was an awesome way to start the line. I can't believe that it's been three years already since the trilogy ended!! I hope that the interest is still there among collectors so that this line can continue, even at a slow pace.

I am just about ready to limit my purchases to only the SW & LOTR PFs, and both of those lines are going very slowly at the moment. I would like to see about four Star Wars 1/4 scale pieces announced a year, and maybe two from LOTR. Instead, 2006 gave us one LOTR and two Star Wars PFs. I am worried that the very slow pace will cause collectors to lose interest.

Now that the poly line is wrapped up, I'm not collecting the 12" and the PF is moving so slow, I find myself wandering into other lines: Marvel, Universal Monsters, Twisted Rabbits...even some GG SW figures...always feeling the need to be collecting something. It's not a bad thing as the other items I've purchased are awesome, but I would prefer my main collecting focus to be LOTR.

That being said, with the exception of Gandalf, I don't desire the entire Fellowship in PF. I look at the PF line as supplementing characters that I don't have in the poly, and Lurtz was one of them. I'd like to see SS branch out and do more secondary characters with this line, but I doubt that will happen.

With this line moving so slow and with my purchasing choices, the pieces I pick up for LOTR will be far and few in between in the future, which is kind of depressing.

For most of the Fellowship I am content with the poly offerings, but I do see some improvement for: Frodo (got it!), Legolas, Aragorn, Pippin (FOTR this time please) and Boromir - but only because his costume in the PF would look so spectacular; almost undoubtedly however, it wouldn't have that same great movement in the cape.

They must do the Fellowship in PF. It would be about one of the badest ideas ever to not do the Fellowship in PF. I would pass on most of the line if they did just secondary characters because outside of 4-5 I wouldn't get most.

jlcmsu said:
They must do the Fellowship in PF. It would be about one of the badest ideas ever to not do the Fellowship in PF. I would pass on most of the line if they did just secondary characters because outside of 4-5 I wouldn't get most.

Whoever thinks they won't do the entire fellowship in PF is a fool. No sugar coating it or anything, you are a FOOL if you think it won't be done.

Good night.:D

Back