LOTR Diorama Idea Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing the discussion about the 12-Inch Hobbits and the idea of a Balrog vs. Gandalf diorama...thought it would be cool to see what other thought would make good LOTR Dioramas. Keeping in mind that each diorama would only feature about 2-3 characters and only PART scenery...here are some of my ideas:

DELUXE Diorama of the Entire Fellowship accending the hill (FOTR promotional)
Balrog vs Gandalf in Moria (no brainer!!)...or on the mountaintop.
Cave Troll vs Legolas
Mumakil vs. Legolas
Eowyn/Merry vs Witchking and Fellbeast
Attack Troll vs Aragorn
Sauron vs. Elendil and Isildur
Weathertop (another no brainer)
Sam vs. Shelob
Aragorn vs. Mouth of Sauron
Council of Elrond with Gimli Swinging Axe
Gandalf vs. Saruman on top of Isengard
GROND Attacking Minas Tirith Gates
GTW vs. Withered Theoden
Faramir vs Orcs at Osgiliath
Lastly...Hobbits and Gandalf leaving into the West

I know this is quite a few but some would be perfect for the diorama format.

Geb

Interesting...If, by "the entire fellowship ascending the hill", you mean the scene where they crest the hill and one of them (Boromir?) puts his hand on the boulder beside him. That is my own first choice.

I would personally love to see something in the same vein as the x-men vs series. For example, maybe a mines of moria series with the entire fellowship battling with the cave troll and goblins. Might bring up some scale issues with the cave troll, but I still think it could be pretty cool. Who knows, they could be doing something like this already with the Helm's Deep dio.

Fellowship Cresting the Hill and Frodo Carrying Sam have been begged for, pleaded for, cajoled for, and begged some more for, for at least five years on this forum and elsewhere.

Honestly, I don't know what else we can do to make Sideshow produce those pieces. Probably nothing, honestly.

I'm a big fan of environments and dioramas, to the exclusion of practically everything else. But still, I'm not a fan of the subject matter chosen for the first two pieces, and especially of their focus on characters to the detriment of the environment in which they belong. We missed a perfectly good chance of owning a Sammath Naur depiction with the Crackorama, and the Deeping Wall isn't exactly amazing in its diorama either. This whole VS. thing might be the most overrated concept when it comes to LOTR -- at least for me. The conflicts themselves are meaningless without the world they take place in.

That said, if they just HAVE to stick to their benighted VS. concept, I hope they produce it on the caliber of their SW work. With environmental bases and Trevor's usual masterpiece-caliber work.

As for the subjects... Gandalf Vs. Balrog might not happen. A) it might demean the value of the Daddy Balrog piece, not to mention Baby Balrog, and B) we already have that subject matter done as an excellent plaque, which is sadly not selling. You try to convince Sideshow that a FOURTH Balrog will somehow be a good idea.

Grond sounds like a wonderful idea, on the other hand! Just what we need, and something Weta neglected to produce. Also a full-scale Treebeard with the Hobbits on, lobbing a boulder. But then the Ents get no love these days.

Ah whatever. I'll go with the pervs and ask for Arwen Vs. Eowyn. Instant purchase is instant purchase.

I did kinda hope that was what they were doing with the Deeping Wall, but now I just can't see how that could be the case.

Just technically. That wall's not made to line up with anything else.

I did kinda hope that was what they were doing with the Deeping Wall, but now I just can't see how that could be the case.

Just technically. That wall's not made to line up with anything else.

Well maybe, just maybe the second will explain Aragorn's expression. :lol

Some others I would like to see on that list,

Eagle/Fellbeast (Mordor air battle)
Legolas/haradrim (on top of mumak)
Easterlings/Sam'n Frodo (in hiding)

I'd like to see Gand. and Frodo on cart from the beinning of movie.

great idea !

I'd like to see Poissened Theoden in his Throne ...
Maybe they can do that as PF instead of diorama !

Back