LotR 12" Figures is new license!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope I can resist these. Although I'll certainly be very keen to follow both new lines and see what they have to offer and whether I like them...but I can't see myself getting too many, mainly because of the poseable and cloth elements but also because too many different LOTR line styles in the same place could be a bit TOO geeky!

FrodoEyes said:
I hope I can resist these. Although I'll certainly be very keen to follow both new lines and see what they have to offer and whether I like them...but I can't see myself getting too many, mainly because of the poseable and cloth elements but also because too many different LOTR line styles in the same place could be a bit TOO geeky!

I wouldn't worry about it too much alot of us are soooo far past appearing geeky that we would look silly denying it (and that especially includes the lotr/weta completists)

I know lol! But without getting into a massive doll/statue fight again I'll just say that I find statues more artistic and of greater quality, but as I say I'd love to get one or two of the new line...maybe a PF Mouth of Sauron and a 12" Mouth of Sauron!

I'll be getting both. I love LOTR and as a fan this allows me to not only have statues made by the effects company that brought it to life, but now have even more items from a company I truly respect. I know these and the 1/4 scale will be awesome items and I cannot wait to add these to my LOTR collection.

I wonder if this finally means we will be getting Sideshow 1/6 scale horses? :D What would the first film be without them? The Ringwraths would have had to walk :rolleyes:

I know it's been said many times but it's worth saying again.
Sideshow is going to rock in 2006!

mlarsen said:
I know it's been said many times but it's worth saying again.
Sideshow is going to rock in 2006!

Yup!!! However, I'm going to continue being broke in 2006 as wel. LOL :D

FYI-

the hobbits will just be on shorter bodys, like our Oz figure, and each one will come with intructions that say-

1. Open packaging.

2. Remove figure from packaging

3. Use imagination with figure, when displayed next to other figures that are supposed to be taller.

I kid, of course!

Happy holidays, everyone!!!!

shaithis77 said:
FYI-

the hobbits will just be on shorter bodys, like our Oz figure, and each one will come with intructions that say-

1. Open packaging.

2. Remove figure from packaging

3. Use imagination with figure, when displayed next to other figures that are supposed to be taller.

I kid, of course!

Happy holidays, everyone!!!!

LOL NICE :D :p

LOTR Figures

:confused: I thought they already had LOTR 12-inch figures from Toybiz.I mean LOTR is always good to me butI already have the Gandalf,Frodo,and Arwen figure from the Toybiz line.Plus I wonder how they are going to make display stand for the hobbit shorter body because I have no way to stand the frodo figure I already have.For anyone who already has the 12-inch figures from Toybiz.What do you think of SSC line that will be coming out.I know they will look awesome.If so,I might just have to put those aside and get the Sideshow LOTR figures.Maybe

The Toybiz line is dead. That's how SS was able to get it I believe.

You will love the SS versions way way more than the TB versions.

I have the Toybiz LotR 12" figures and they equate with the Hasbro 12" Star Wars for quality. Which means they are no competition for whatever SSC puts out.

The ones that are of more concern are the DiD Asian-only 12" LotR figures, but even although on those the costumes and weapons are excellent, the likenesses are poor and the hobbits are way out of scale.

T.C. how come? Just not into the 12" line?

Yea, Toybiz is done. Even their action figure line is over.

Like Dave said, you can't compare the difference between Toybiz to Sideshow....Sideshow blows the Toybiz line out of the water.

The only Toybiz 12" I thought was pretyy good was the Ringwraith, and maybe Eowyn. I remember the Aragorn was terrible.

I have some Toybiz 12 inch figures and i was expecting more of them , fool of me, but i like them so now i will wait this little guys and spend my money on them and in some PF figures because i know that this 12 figures will be great looking :wacky

Without being shackled to Weta, Sideshow can FINALLY make a decent Frodo!!! Heck, the Koto Anakin loks more like Frodo than the Weta pieces! Please, Sideshow, PLEASE let Andy do Frodo's hair!

With with me buying the 12" Star Wars figures, the Star Wars PFs, as well as just getting into the whole Buffy thing... and now Sideshow announces these!!! :google

I finding myself being glad that they put the Planet of the Apes line on ice... MY WALLET CANNOT TAKE IT!!

As for the Toybiz LOTR offerings... I thought they FAR worse, generally than what Hasbro was doing with their Star Wars line. I never could bring myself to purchase one.

Last edited:
I have ordered every one of the 1/4 scale Star Wars figures available and swore that I would stick with those and not get into the 12" figures when they were announced. Of course, after seeing pictures I have both 12" Jedi Luke and Anakin on order. My wallet is afraid the same thing will happen with the new LotR lines.

I have some Toybiz 12 inch figures and i was expecting more of them

when were you expecting them? toybiz hasn't made any 12 inch figures since 2002. (not counting the roto-cast figures.) :D

Back