LotR 12" Figures is new license!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Agent Elrond :wacky Isn't there some kind of convention coming up in Feb? I think it's called the ORC (someone please correct me if im way of the mark)

I would have thought that even though SS have just announced the license, they probably have the first figure well under way. So it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to have it ready for pre-order/pick up etc by the time that convention happens. (They would probably also release the Obi-Wan figure at the same time just to further 'wound' our wallets:banghead

This is just me speculating, so correct me if no such convention is occuring so I don't talk possible poop again :D

I called it months ago! :banana :banana :banana

This is FANTASTIC NEWS!!! :fireworks

I'll be selling off stuff in order to make the room for these.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Sideshow Rocks!!! :joy :clap :blissy :rock

captain sack said:
when were you expecting them? toybiz hasn't made any 12 inch figures since 2002. (not counting the roto-cast figures.) :D

Actually they made a 12" Dr Doom in their Marvel Studios line this past summer.

CookieMonster said:
Hey Agent Elrond :wacky Isn't there some kind of convention coming up in Feb? I think it's called the ORC (someone please correct me if im way of the mark)

ORC is this coming January (20th - 22 IIRC). I'm thinking that is a little too close. The figures won't start coming out till the 2nd quarter of '06 (isn't that correct?) and that is way past the time of this convention. :D

I thought this might be the new license. It doesn't surprise me one bit, I think we heard talk of this happening over a year ago.
I'm now glad I didn't go overboard on buying the DID figures; I only bought one which was enough.
I'll look forward to Sideshow's figures, but I don't look forward to that credit card bill. I'm kind of glad Sideshow isn't going overboard with the Star Wars figures, this line must be why.
I just hope Sideshow fixes their packaging of swords, I've received too many bent ones from them in the past to make me worry.
It'll also be interesting to see how they'll do the chain mail. I hope they've learned from what other manufacturers have done on the subject.

Yeah, I think we all knew this had a better than decent shot at happening. I'm just glad it did so I can keep collecting my favorite story from a fantastic company.

This is an absolutely wonderful announcement. Sideshow now has everything I could ask for! (other than Underworld license :( )

bluesparrow said:
Actually they made a 12" Dr Doom in their Marvel Studios line this past summer.

i was referring to LOTR figures, since that is what we are discussing. toy biz hasn't made any new LOTR 12 inch figures since the two towers wave in 2002. of course, they did re-release aragorn, gimli and legolas in ROTK boxes in 2003.:peace

Hey everyone, this is my first post on the new site. :) I too am excited about this 12" line, can't wait. I do hope they can use rooted hair on the fem figs though. I don't see how a Eowyn with molded hair would work for instance. Or Arwen, her hair's way too long to be molded. It'll be hard not to buy them all though, gotta start working over-time now or get a second job.:D

14.gif

I'm seriously regretting the money I dished out for the three DiD figures I bought. They were some seriously sucky likenesses coupled with inaccurate (though high-quality) costuming. Bleh.

I'm hoping for Gandalf the Grey, Saruman, the WitchKing, and The Mouth of Sauron!

DO you realize this means SSC is in the unique position of producing no less than three Christopher Lee figures? :google

Scaramanga, Count Dooku, and Saruman!!

Customikey said:
DO you realize this means SSC is in the unique position of producing no less than three Christopher Lee figures? :google

Scaramanga, Count Dooku, and Saruman!!

.......and we we buy them all with smiles on our faces & still come back for more :D :D :D

Now if they could just make Lee as Count Dracula or some of his other Hammer monsters with Peter Cushing. A Tarkin and Dooku two pack would be cool for those that know the connection there.

i think a prologue elven warrior figure will be so cool... because of the many accessories available for it.

just like the toybiz one, shield, sword, bow & arrows and spear. oh and the helm too. woo!

Back