LoTR 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 15061

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just wondering if the Lord of the Ring's 1/6 figs from Sideshow are worth picking up? Found a couple that are nice and cheap but not sure how well done they are :dunno.. and input would be killer :panic::panic::panic:

They are excellent at current E-bay prices...especially the Gandalf, Boromir, and Aragorn figs!

yes, they are worth it...and what kuzeh said. gandalf especially is one of my favorites still.

I love them all (even Faramir AFTER a repaint :lol).

They are especially worth it if you are into customizing and plan making Gimli, Merry, and Pippin yourself like many of us did.

The hobits came with just a ton of stuff for the price as well, I love the fully loaded packs on them. Sc really went all out with accessories on most of the lotr stuff for the price.

Frodo, Sam and Gandalf are the best. In fact the scult and paint on the 1/6 Frodo is better than the PF of him.

I'm praying that with the new HT / SS association they make a whole new LOTR line :pray:

While I think hot toys would do a better job on some of the sculpts and paint apps, I think you'd have a hard time beating sc for bang for your buck on these. You'd be better off buying sc and getting repaints done of some. Of course, if they're doing figs not already done, like gimli or eowyn I'm all for it!

While I think hot toys would do a better job on some of the sculpts and paint apps, I think you'd have a hard time beating sc for bang for your buck on these. You'd be better off buying sc and getting repaints done of some. Of course, if they're doing figs not already done, like gimli or eowyn I'm all for it!

Bang for the buck, ya. But HT likeness, paint, body, and even clothing will be so much better. There's a reason SS are cheaper.

Bang for the buck, ya. But HT likeness, paint, body, and even clothing will be so much better. There's a reason SS are cheaper.

not so much anymore. Rock n Roll at $135 (typical HT price not small not really desirbale characters) and Zartan at $160(average HT price).

but man back then, I got all my LOTR and SW SS figs for no more than $40. Those were the days when eBay was your friend and not a placce soley where flippers go to try and get $100 or more above retail for a figure

not so much anymore. Rock n Roll at $135 (typical HT price not small not really desirbale characters) and Zartan at $160(average HT price).

but man back then, I got all my LOTR and SW SS figs for no more than $40. Those were the days when eBay was your friend and not a placce soley where flippers go to try and get $100 or more above retail for a figure

Ya I saw those new SS prices but they better be careful because they aren't at HT's level as far as quality yet IMO. Getting closer though.

Legolas is worth it too if you get one of Darren Carnall's casts for a resculpt.

lego4.jpg

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/JTonello/Statues/lego2.jpg

The LOTR figures were easily (and still are to some extent) among Sideshow's best offerings.
Most of the figures would probably benefit from a body swap and some need repaints to help the hit and miss likeness, but the overall quality, the accessories and the outfits are pretty amazing.
Still among my favorite figures.

I am not on the haters wagon as far as the likenesses and the mannequin. Whether or not they are the best in the industry, they are incredible and the single thing that disappointed me about them was the end of their releases. My hope is that Sideshow gets the Hobbit license and re-visits this line as well as making some from the Hobbit.

Back