LOST discussion - thar be spoilers ahead!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're getting further and further away from the "it's all scientifically plausible" so I'll put this out there - Locke's dead - he's been dead since the crash. That's why he can walk. That's why he's the only one that "belongs" in the cabin with the other people.

dammit dave...........now i cant follow my own theories anymore. but that is an interesting theory none the less. im not liking the beyond "it's all scientifically plausible" mainly because i was under the impression of a so so real explanation of events for 3 years following this tale instead of this what i call scientific theory.

I've never bought into any "scientific explanation" malarkey. There's a paralyzed guy who suddenly could walk again in episode 4, a psychic kid with Shinning power, a shape shifting smoke monster, time travel and now a guy who can talk to ghosts. Other than it was all a dream what "real explanation" were people expecting from all this supernatural stuff?

It's certainly possible but the producers shot down the 'people are already dead but don't know it/in purgatory' theory several seasons ago. I hope they have come up with something bit more interesting.

I've never bought into any "scientific explanation" malarkey. There's a paralyzed guy who suddenly could walk again in episode 4, a psychic kid with Shinning power, a shape shifting smoke monster, time travel and now a guy who can talk to ghosts. Other than it was all a dream what "real explanation" were people expecting from all this supernatural stuff?

It's certainly possible but the producers shot down the 'people are already dead but don't know it/in purgatory' theory several seasons ago. I hope they have come up with something bit more interesting.

They shot it down as an explanation for the island - not for individual characters. With Christian and now seemingly, Claire - ghosts can walk around, interact with others and effect their environment.

They shot it down as an explanation for the island - not for individual characters. With Christian and now seemingly, Claire - ghosts can walk around, interact with others and effect their environment.

So you think it's the ghost of Christian and not the smoke monster?

Smoke monster seems more likely to me at this point, unless Christian has some unknown connection to the island. I'm also thinking Claire's odd behavior may be the result of smoke monster or something more so than her being dead.

Lucky americans you get to see lost before us english. ours is sunday night by the sounds of it its a good episode

I'm not sure where the smoke monster taking other shape comes from. I think that was an early explanation for the polar bear and such, but those were explained another way.

But nothing I can think of would explain why dead Christian would be interacting with anyone other than Jack or Claire - so perhaps I'm wrong.

edit - Unless he's connected to the island in some other way...

I'm not sure where the smoke monster taking other shape comes from. I think that was an early explanation for the polar bear and such, but those were explained another way.

But nothing I can think of would explain why dead Christian would be interacting with anyone other than Jack or Claire - so perhaps I'm wrong.

edit - Unless he's connected to the island in some other way...

Most notably Cuse and Lindoff confirmed in a podcast that the smoke monster took the form of Eko's brother Yemi before it killed him. It's also believed that the smoke monster has manifested into Kate's horse, Jack's dad, Walt and Harper Stanhope.

The smoke monster may also be associated with the whispers we hear in the jungle. I haven't seen it posted, here's a transcript of the whispers https://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Whisper_transcripts

We know Christian is dead... and we can see him. We know Charlie is dead and we have seen him as well. We think Claire is dead and that explains why we can see her.

Why have Libby, Shannon, Boone, Anna Lucia, and Eko vanished from the island?

Christian Shepard is, along with Yemi, one of two previously deceased bodies that have gone missing and then later appeared to be living people. Yemi's appearance was confirmed to be a manifestation of the smoke monster in the Official Podcast, while Christian was confirmed as being one of three characters (Yemi and Kate's horse) to be classified as "undead".

In the confrontation, Yemi says to Eko "You speak to me as if I were your brother". Moments later, the Monster attacks Eko, and kills him. I believe that the cabin Christian is another face of smokey and no more Jack's dad than the Monster Yemi was Eko's brother.

unless there's more afoot than ghosts or smokey can leave the island...

I don't get why one person would be a ghost, Christian, and another person, Yemi, would be the smoke monster and not a ghost.

Establishing that the smoke monster can assume identities and not doing it again would be sloppy storytelling.

We know Christian is dead... and we can see him. We know Charlie is dead and we have seen him as well. We think Claire is dead and that explains why we can see her.

Why have Libby, Shannon, Boone, Anna Lucia, and Eko vanished from the island?

Drunk driving charges?

Shannon and Boone didn't get drunk driving charges.

Maggie Grace (who played Shannon) wanted to be killed off because she wanted to go into movies and such....

Boone (can't remember his name in real life) wanted a big pay increase, and was moaning and groaning over it, so they killed him off instead.

:cool:

Guest stars for the 5/29 finale announced:

Guest starring are Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday, Ken Leung as Miles Straume, Rebecca Mader as Charlotte Lewis, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, L. Scott Caldwell as Rose, Malcolm David Kelley as Walt, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, John Terry as Christian Shephard, Sonya Walger as Penelope “Penny” Widmore, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Kevin Durand as Keamy, Francois Chau as Dr. Marvin Candle, Anthony Azizi as Omar, Alex Petrovitch as Henrik and Starletta DuPois as
Michael’s mom.

Walt, Widmore, Penny, Christian, Dr. Candle, Richard, etc. Going to be a crowded episode!

:chew

Most notably Cuse and Lindoff confirmed in a podcast that the smoke monster took the form of Eko's brother Yemi before it killed him. It's also believed that the smoke monster has manifested into Kate's horse, Jack's dad, Walt and Harper Stanhope.

The smoke monster may also be associated with the whispers we hear in the jungle. I haven't seen it posted, here's a transcript of the whispers https://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Whisper_transcripts

How about there are TWO jack's fathers on the island. ONE that is a manifestation of jack's father and ONE that is the human avatar of jacob. could be why the two are seen wearing two different types of clothes.....?????

I can grasp the idea that Jacob is able to somehow communicate through the spirits/ghosts of people who have died on the island. I'm not sure whether the deceased person's consciousness is involved, or if Jacob is just using a familiar face to communicate. They have established (through Miles) that the spirits of those who died on the island are hanging around, so maybe Jacob has found a way to harness them for the sake of contacting the survivors.

(I do think it would be clearer if the Smoke Monster was the Smoke Monster and the manifestations were all Jacob related. Having Yemi be the Smoke Monster makes it a little harder to pin down exactly what the Smoke Monster is.)

And is Richard Alpert really ageless, or is he just time traveling? Did he run over Locke's mom as a test to see if the child would survive? (Jerk!) I would like to get an Alpert flashback episode...

I can grasp the idea that Jacob is able to somehow communicate through the spirits/ghosts of people who have died on the island. I'm not sure whether the deceased person's consciousness is involved, or if Jacob is just using a familiar face to communicate. They have established (through Miles) that the spirits of those who died on the island are hanging around, so maybe Jacob has found a way to harness them for the sake of contacting the survivors.

(I do think it would be clearer if the Smoke Monster was the Smoke Monster and the manifestations were all Jacob related. Having Yemi be the Smoke Monster makes it a little harder to pin down exactly what the Smoke Monster is.)

And is Richard Alpert really ageless, or is he just time traveling? Did he run over Locke's mom as a test to see if the child would survive? (Jerk!) I would like to get an Alpert flashback episode...

We saw with the images flashing in the cloud and heard confirmed by from Cuse and Lindoff that the smoke monster was "downloading" images, memories perhaps, from Eko. Does this account for the schizophrenic whispers we hear when smokey is near, multiple identities within the cloud? The smoke monster assumed the identity and knowledge of Yemi but yet was not the consciousness or ghost of Yemi -"I am not your brother" it said.

If so, how then does this account for the missing bodies of Yemi and Christian? Were they absorbed somehow? Have part of their consciousness or memories been downloaded into the smoke monster? Is this why the producers consider them, and Kate's horse for some reason, to be undead? Was this the original design of smokey or did it become mutated by the island and the magnetic phenomena that caused Desmond to see into the future?

And I too would like to see a Richard Alpert back story.

Back