Lorne pictures!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I generally avoid the Star Wars forums anymore. Anything and everything is an issue and we haven't even gotten to the figures with the nit picky details yet..

Lorne was waiting for me at home when I got back from work, and I gotta say, that if this is how the Buffy/Angel lines end, it will be with a bang, not a whimper. Lorne is great in every respect. He is a little taller than "City of" Angel, and his yellow out fit really pops on the shelf. The face mottling(sp?) isn't as detailed or noticeable, but it is there. His expression is a nice little smile, and the red eyes look great. I'll need to futz with his collar to make him more "lounge-y", but otherwise I am really happy with him. Sorry, I don't have a digital camera right now, but I think everybody will be pretty pleased!

I still think we will get a couple more Buffy/Angel announcements though. They aren't like SW where they get announced out of the blue, but usually tied to events, like ToyFair, SDCC, Spooktacular, etc... so I think there is still hope!

I don't think SSC will throw away opportunities, especially for something like the Buffy/Angel line. The clothes are all pretty basic. There is no real big endeavor to make these characters compared to say a SW figure with the funky outfits.
Lets say for arguements sake they make Gunn, Wes, Fred, Tara, Anya, and Dawn. They basically only need new headsculpts, since the clothes are pretty standard so I'm sure they can turn a profit at an edition size of 500.

Anzik Hayes said:
I don't think SSC will throw away opportunities, especially for something like the Buffy/Angel line. The clothes are all pretty basic. There is no real big endeavor to make these characters compared to say a SW figure with the funky outfits.
Lets say for arguements sake they make Gunn, Wes, Fred, Tara, Anya, and Dawn. They basically only need new headsculpts, since the clothes are pretty standard so I'm sure they can turn a profit at an edition size of 500.

Indeed.

I'm absolutely positive that ANY buffyverse figure could shift 500 units. I've said if before though. I think that 300 units is their 'breakeven' point so they'd still make a profit.

Production pics are up on Sideshow's site. I assume we'll get the edition size in tonight's newsletter.

So Lorne sold out 1500 pieces... not bad, not bad. Maybe there's some life left in this line yet.

TheObsoleteMan said:
So Lorne sold out 1500 pieces... not bad, not bad. Maybe there's some life left in this line yet.

Yeah I hope so! Higher than I expected. I figured 750 tops. Go Lorne!!!:cool:

Got my Lorne today! I was bored just now, so I took a few pics. It's kinda a story. See, Cordelia had been bored since she came here because she was the only Sideshow figure I had(all my others are at home and I'm at school living in the dorms) and stayed in her box. Once Lorne came, it was party time!
DSCN0512.jpg

DSCN0513.jpg

Bib Fortuna also was bummed out(by the look on his face), so Lorne invited him to come over too.
DSCN0514.jpg

After a few drinks, they partied all night long and I got no studying done tonight. Enjoy!
DSCN0515.jpg

TheObsoleteMan said:

Very encouraging news. The edition size is a lot higher than I expected. :D

However, I have a funny feeling that Lorne, as quickly and mysteriously as he sold out, he will be again be available in a few weeks or so as "Second Chance." Just you wait and see. :rolleyes:

He was never listed in the "Low Quanities" section, was he? :confused:

That's the best news we could have. It shows how much us fans have supported the line lately that its life has been at stake. I hope this loyalty results in many more announcements from both lines, starting at ToyFair. If Lorne managed to sell 1500 pieces I'm sure Wesley will get the same, if not more. Oh, and that proves that Cordy's not a precious item for collectors, even though she's a major and much beloved character. Lorne, a figure I recall not having recieved many enthusiastic responses when it was announced), is however perfect, they did a great figure and people weren't afraid to buy once he become available for pre-order. With Cordy, and its big head and strange little body in the prototype shots and later with its weird paint ops and lazy eye, people felt not so encouraged to buy. I'm sure a Graduation Day Cordy, if well done, would sell 1500-2000 in an instant. So, it's simple: if Sideshow does things right, it succeeds. Lorne is the proof.

OmFg, those pics are incredible Dave, better than the ones on the SSC page. I'm now more anxious to get Lorne. He should get here before the week ends, but with international deliveries you never know.

Something weird happened. I found a notice in my mailbox that said that the postman had been here to deliver Lorne at 11:10 a.m. (Spanish time), and I was absent at that time. I've been here all morning and no one ringed my bell or knocked on my door. Anyway, the notice said they'd try again this afternoon. I hope this time it doesn't happen the same. I can't wait!! I need to see him in person NOW!

I got Lorne 10 minutes ago. After looking non-stop at the figure in its box, I decided to come here again and say this is the best figure that has been added to the line in a long time (for me, the last truly impressive figure was Vamp Buffy, even though CoA Angel is stunning). Wow, wow and wow at Lorne. I haven't got him out of the box yet, but from what I can see, he's a perfect 10. The paint looks definitely better in person, oh, and he's a really big guy. yay for Lorne! Yay for Sideshow! Keep em coming! Bring on Wesley now please!!!

Last edited:
Back