Lorne pictures!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the kind words guys.

I think that the line has imporved so much that we need to see new Buffy, Faith, and Willow figures, 'coz displaying the new stuff beside the old stuff doesn't work that well :) Not to mention, having a Buffy that is shorter than Cordelia would be grand.

I think a new standard Buffy on a short body with a great sculpt would help loads to kick start the Buffy line again. Who wants to get into a line when you can't own a good figure of the main character?

My Lorne will finally be here today, and I'm now doubly excited thanks to Dave's great pics.

abstractharmony said:
I hear this all the time but I love Graduation & Hush Buffy. They're excellent sculpts.

I think that TheObsoleteMan's talking about newcomers to the line. Graduation Day Buffy is becoming harder to find and more expensive these days, and Hush Buffy was released 6 years ago, and even though she's great, you don't see her that often either. New people might become interested in collecting the line if they released a new and iconic Buffy, such as a "Chosen" Buffy. That would boost the sales and refresh the line to keep it alive and kicking so that we can get many more characters and variants.

thamesvalidude said:
Couldn't agree more my friend! Hey,how come Spain got Lorne before me!!!!:D

I got Lorne from a retailer (Red Planet Toys). They ship to worldwide. I don't buy directly from Sideshow, because of the high shipping fees and what's more important, the long long wait until the figure becomes available in the EU warehouse. I have PF Spike on pre-order with SSC though, and I hope by the time he starts shipping, they have improved the system as they announced they were going to.

olvidadero said:
I think that TheObsoleteMan's talking about newcomers to the line. Graduation Day Buffy is becoming harder to find and more expensive these days, and Hush Buffy was released 6 years ago, and even though she's great, you don't see her that often either.
Yeah, that what I meant. Grad. and Hush Buffy are both nice but tough to find these days. The 12" Star Wars line has brought a whole bunch of new collectors to Sideshow, surely some of them are Buffy fans as well. Get them hooked with a nice new Buffy, and maybe they'll stick around for more.

Excellent pictures as usual, Dave. I always look forward to your pics whether they are here or on Rebelscum!

A Chosen Buffy would be great, but too bad they already made the scythe Faith's exclusive.
I started sculpting my Ubervamp head today, wish me luck.

I got my Lorne today, and he's brilliant! The sculpt, the paint, the tailoring and material of the suit, the accessories, everything is great. This one isn't just a home run, it's a grand slam.

I don't know if anyone here knows, but is Lorne still going be available to folks in the UK via places such as Forbidden Planet etc. I've just looked at their online site and I notice he's been removed.

Does this mean I've missed the boat once again, as I did with D'Hoffyrin?

Jeez, shame on FP UK. I went through the same with D'Hoffryn as well, and nowadays it's the only figure I don't have (hopefully my waitlist reservation will convert). I suggest you look for Lorne in US online retailers. Here:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=SSC10385&mode=retail

Big Bad Toy Store is a great shop. And the shipping shouldn't be too high. In the end you won't be paying much more and will have it delivered sooner. They have it in stock.

Thanks love. Failing your link it will mean hitting eBay again, which will be my last resort.

I hate it when FP mucks around like this.

Lorne in some ways I don't mind missing if I have to, but there's no way on gods earth I'm going to miss out on Giles when he's released.

sueworld said:
Thanks love. Failing your link it will mean hitting eBay again, which will be my last resort.

I hate it when FP mucks around like this.

Lorne in some ways I don't mind missing if I have to, but there's no way on gods earth I'm going to miss out on Giles when he's released.

I'm sure Lorne will stay at a reasonable price on eBay for longer than Darla and D'Hoffryn, so it'd be a wise decision to get it from there. As for Giles, what I'm doing is pre-order him from a US retailer as well (this time Red Planet Toys), that way I get it just a bit later than US collectors for a decent price, about 37 pounds with shipping, and I avoid the D'Hoffryn nightmare from happening again

Stupid thing is there was a reasonably priced Lorne on eBay last night, which I let go as I thought I'd just pick him up from the London FP.

Boy, was that a silly move!

Never again!:rotfl

Oh I wish I had a FP in Spain! I've never been to London, but when I do, I'm sure what will my first visit be.

It's quite a good shop. It's become better over the years, and they stock far more in the 'flagship' store in London then they ever have before.

Not always great at knowing 'whats what' but I find that's the same everywhere.

Lorne arrived a few days ago, and I'm really happy with him. His left shoe came jammed on his foot so badly it looked like he had two right shoes, until I ran it under some hot water and reshaped it. Other than that, just some minor futzing. I'm not completely happy with the fit of his suit (or any Sideshow suit, for that matter), but the larger-than-normal body kind of limits swapping him out for something better tailored. Besides, the outfit screams "The Host!" He was near perfect out of the box, but I did add some more blondish highlights to the front and top of his hair. While I had the paint out, I also retouched Angel's piggy eyes and redid his hairline/eyebrows.

Here's a mood shot of just Lorne since this is his thread:
z-Lorne-mood.jpg

And a shot of the three Angel figures so far (excuse the garden furniture LOL):
z-AI.jpg

Lorne is the tallest of the three with the heels on his boots. I did swap out Angel's leather pants and loafers for some flat-front Dragon trousers and boots, so maybe that changed his height a little. I still think Cordy's melon is distractingly large on the small body. It's really noticeable side by side with Angel and Lorne. She almost looks like an anime character, with her huge eyes, especially since Lorne and Angel are more "realistic" portraits, style-wise. But I still like all three.

And finally, all three retouched heads:
z-AI-HS.jpg

Lorne gets a 4.5/5.0 from me.

binky

Thanks for the pics, they're great. Angel looks definitely better. Lorne is the best of the three of them, no doubt. But I must say, even though I was hugely disappointed with how Cordy looked when I saw the production and collector's pictures, once in hand, I like her very much. If you compare their faces, Cordy's scale is good. Looking at the close-up comparison, her head looks normal to me. It's the height what makes the head appear bigger, but compared to Lorne and Angel's, it looks average. In all, the first three figures in the Angel line are an absolute TRIUMPH in my opinion. Keep em coming!

Back