Lord of the Rings Online: Crack of Doom Kinship

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kookie said:
Sounds like fun...do you play with other people on this board?

We have put together a kinship. I play funny hours and I haven't really had a chance to play much with others from the board yet, but hopefully we can start scheduling some times when we will all be on and we can play together. There are some quests in the game that you just can't do by yourself.

tomandshell said:
We have put together a kinship. I play funny hours and I haven't really had a chance to play much with others from the board yet, but hopefully we can start scheduling some times when we will all be on and we can play together. There are some quests in the game that you just can't do by yourself.

Indeed, especially for a lonely weak loremaster like myself :monkey2 :monkey2

Heres the deal. I don't like to craft. I didn't like it in SWG and i don't like it now.I picked a profession but do i have to do anything with it?I'd rather not.I have time to play the game and thats it.(see the sights be with friends etc.)I don't wanna spend ANY time crafting or farming.(i tried last night to like it but just couldn't)so please tell me i don't have to cause it would be a game killer for me.(so tell me i don't have to do **** with my profession)

Now lets set up a guild pic or some quests or something.

Last edited:
Seth Gecko said:
Heres the deal. I don't like to craft. I didn't like it in SWG and i don't like it now.I picked a profession but do i have to do anything with it?I'd rather not.I have time to play the game and thats it.(see the sights be with friends etc.)I don't wanna spend ANY time crafting or farming.(i tried last night to like it but just couldn't)so please tell me i don't have to cause it would be a game killer for me.(so tell me i don't have to do **** with my profession)

Now lets set up a guild pic or some quests or something.

you don't have to. they are craft quests which you won't be able to do, but I think that's it. Crafting just gives you additional stuff in the game. Like being able to make Athelas Potions and such.

Good. Cause i don't care about anything else except seeing the sights and playing the game (combat) with friends and solo etc.

That's fine. Crafting is not a requirement.

I'm crafting at a very slow pace. Just recently I was able to provide boiled hides to a fellow kin to help in their crafting and or crafting quests. In exchange, he provided the equivlent of raw/untreated hides that helped me increase my crafting skills. There lies the benefit. A communal exhange of materials that can be used by fellow kinship members (traded at discount or given away).

I kind of wish we had a cooks and lore masters that could provide meals and potions for emergency buffs. Anybody need a finely crafted bow? Once I hit Artisan, I should be able to make bows superior to any that are looted/droped?

:D

We should get an idea of what each of us needs as well as what we can offer to each other. I just sold a bunch of medium hide through the auction house that I would have gladly traded with another kinship member. If I knew what somebody else needed I wouldn't sell stuff to NPCs like I usually do, but could help out another player instead.

I'm definitely in need of medium and sturdy hides as well as ingots, bronze and up.

MMMmmmm, Chicken Mcingots.

Same,i'll keep some stuff up if you post what ya need here.
Also keep recruiting we need to get BIGGER and better.I'll be online for a little bit in a little bit if anyone wants to hook up.(I can now add fire to my arrows:cool: :cool: )

I saw a level 35 player tonight. He was showing off his newly purchased steed in front of the prancing pony. Nice that you can just sit in your mount where ever you please.

Well more people are always good. Had fun tonight with some of ya guys,lvl 25(half way to 50:D )But no rush...the expansion coming will take care of that can't wait.

tomandshell said:
Does that mean I'm out?

Yes, I'm afraid so Tom.

WetaWork said:
I saw a level 35 player tonight. He was showing off his newly purchased steed in front of the prancing pony. Nice that you can just sit in your mount where ever you please.

Funny, I also saw a level 35 guy outside of the prancing pony. It was probably the same guy. I wanted to knock him off his "high horse" (haha, that made me laugh) and steal it.

Prepare for battle, middle earth needs us!!!

I'm scheduling an "official" Sammath Naur Kinship meet & play for this Saturday, May 5th at 10:30PM EST.

We will still be meeting at the West Gate of Bree.

Please post your current level and recently started quests (number and quest title) and where you obtained the quest. This way it will allow kinship members at similar levels the opportunity to obtain the same quests before we meet. We could then form a fellowship(s) accordingly.

I will be posting this kinship announcement on both the lcvg.com forum and the sideshowcollectors.com forum.

Hope to see you all on Saturday.

Last edited:
tomandshell said:
Sounds like fun! I think I can make it. I still have some Great Barrow quests that need finishing.

Likewise, those quests will give me some good items to use. I still have some lower old forest quests to do, but I think I'm just going to cancel them. once you get to a certain level, there is no real point in going back to do older quests right?

If you get too far, those old quests won't give you any XP at all. You certainly aren't going to get very much for quests that are too far below your current level. And the quest reward items will likely be inferior to what you already have, and they will be bound to you so you can't sell them to other players for a profit. You can go a few levels beneath you, but now that I am at 22 I dumped a few 16 and 17 quests that were still in my journal. Not worth the trouble unless they lead up a chain to some higher level quests, or if you just want to enjoy the storyline and don;t care about reduced or nonexistent XP.

Back