Lord of the Rings Online: Crack of Doom Kinship

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be in touch! Its a dam-ned shame that you UK lot can't play on the same servers, it would have rocked to play alongside you. In fact, I can't wait to finish up my quests in Ered Luin and meet up with the rest of our pals here.

Lembas Eater said:
I'll be in touch! Its a dam-ned shame that you UK lot can't play on the same servers, it would have rocked to play alongside you. In fact, I can't wait to finish up my quests in Ered Luin and meet up with the rest of our pals here.

The voice of reason!! Look fwd to hearing from ya :D:D

TC

My wife played Star Wars Galaxies on the EU server and chatted with a lot of people from the UK. It stinks that LOTRO won't allow us to do the same.

WetaWork said:
Unfortunately UK/European users can't access U.S. servers and visa versa. :(

I'm guessing there would be performance issues (i.e.: lag, frame rates, etc) if we were able to access servers across the pond, especially with MMOs.

:monkey2
I was looking forward to play with you all...
How many EUers interested in playing are there?

Very happily reached level 20 and got my heavy armor and ranged weapon.

And even though it's not the same looking at a still shot as it is actually playing the game and seeing it all in motion, Rivendell is very pretty:

lotro02hi7.jpg

lotro01kr0.jpg

Lvl 20 already? Most impressive. I certainly won't be able to level at that pace. Which is why I am opting for the $199 lifetime sub.

WetaWork said:
Unfortunately UK/European users can't access U.S. servers and visa versa. :(

I'm guessing there would be performance issues (i.e.: lag, frame rates, etc) if we were able to access servers across the pond, especially with MMOs.

So US users can only log in to US servers and EU users on EU servers? So I'm right in saying that this game is not available for gamers from outside the US and EU? This sucks...

tomandshell said:
Very happily reached level 20 and got my heavy armor and ranged weapon.

And even though it's not the same looking at a still shot as it is actually playing the game and seeing it all in motion, Rivendell is very pretty:

lotro02hi7.jpg

lotro01kr0.jpg

Tom, is that your own horse, or are you just going from place a to place b. I just read the manual and it says you can't get your own horse till level 35, which is WAY too high IMO.

TolkienCollector said:
I have no idea. Anybody else have any suggestions???

I'm gonna start a LOTRO EU thread..

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=429457#post429457

Pls post & PM me

TC :cool:

From what I understand and this was a major concern during Beta, is that originally they were not going to let Euro's play on US Servers but towards the end of Beta 2, they took away the process they were going to us to block Euro's IP's and allow Euro's to play on US servers provided they purchase the US version of the game (I am a little fuzzy on how you have to pay though).

The deal they have worked out is that company in Europe is handling the servers, tech work, etc... so they would prefer the Europeans to play there.

I'll see if I can dig up any better info. I've asked a few friend who live in Scotland how they are playing, perhaps I will hear from them soon.

Evan

Did retake weathertop with a group of lvl 22's(same lvl as me) last night.. finally made it!!:cool: (took 3 times though):D

Seth Gecko said:
Did retake weathertop with a group of lvl 22's(same lvl as me) last night.. finally made it!!:cool: (took 3 times though):D

You know I'm dragging your ass back to WT when I get in my 20's. :lol

Yes, that was a rented horse.

And I have yet to do Retake Weathertop, so add me to the list of people who want to finish that quest. I have started the chain but haven't gotten that far yet.

It's more like Elder Scrolls than say, Halo or Gears of War--it's an RPG where you pick a race and class, level up your skills, collect items that boost your stats, etc. However, this can only be played online and rather than being one player like Oblivion, you are playing alongside real people that you can talk to and interact with. I am really enjoying it so far--I finally cancelled our subscription to Star Wars Galaxies and started an account for LOTR online instead.

tomandshell said:
It's more like Elder Scrolls than say, Halo or Gears of War--it's an RPG where you pick a race and class, level up your skills, collect items that boost your stats, etc. However, this can only be played online and rather than being one player like Oblivion, you are playing alongside real people that you can talk to and interact with. I am really enjoying it so far--I finally cancelled our subscription to Star Wars Galaxies and started an account for LOTR online instead.

Sounds like fun...do you play with other people on this board?

Back