Lord of the Rings Online: Crack of Doom Kinship

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WetaWork

Super Freak
Reaction score
So, tomorrow is the big day… Open Beta. :woo

As previously discussed, in honor of sideshow's latest LOTR product announcement, we plan on creating a kinship named "Sammath Naur (Crack of Doom)" on the Landroval server.

Lets have a roll call of:

A) Who will be playing/subscribing
B) Who is interested in playing as a fellowship
C) Who is interested in joining the kinship as well as playing as a fellowship

Please list the following:

1. Real First Name:
2. Forum Name:
3. Anticipated Character Name:
4. Anticipated Character Type (i.e.: Hobbit Burgler):
5. Location / Time Zone:
6. Day & Time you most likely will play:

I'll start it off:

I will be subscribing (most likely $199 for lifetime membership) and I'm interested in joining the "Crack of Doom" kinship.

1. Dave
2. WetaWork
3. Pilinedhel
4. Elf Hunter
5. New Jersey / EST
6. Evenings after 9:30PM

Last edited:
Player List

* Crack of Doom Kinship Member

Forum Name - Character Name / Race Class

*1. WetaWork - Pilinedhel / Elf Hunter
*2. Tomandshell - Beregond / Human Champion
*3. Seth Gecko - Bloyen / Elf Hunter, Quiwyn / Man Loremaster
4. Bodie The Cursed - Bludgrave / Human Champion
*5. LembasEater - Carinfan / Dwarf Guardian
*6. Jair - Karloff / Captain, Chaney / Loremaster
7. Congerking - Tulkass / Elf Champion
*8. the angry orc - Ginfilmir / Minstrel

If your interested in joining the kinship, I'm only able to send invites when your online.

LOTRO Resources

Wiki is really becoming a great resource for deciding on a character race/class/profession:

https://www.lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Last edited:
I'll put up my info tomorrow cause i wanna see how this runs on my system before i commit to it.

OS vista 32-bit
2.5 GB P4
1.5 GB PC2700 RAM
ATI 9600 128 MB

Last edited:
Seth Gecko said:
what time do servers open?

Not sure. I plan on checking the LOTRO forums when I get home tonight. Apparently, the North American servers are located at the company HQ in Massachusetts so hopefully they go live tonight / midnight EST.

They're saying the servers will be up "by early afternoon Eastern Time" tomorrow. They're not announcing a specific uptime to avoid the crush, but once they come up word will get out anyhow...

Cool!I'm just wondering if my system is gonna chug with the requirements if so i'm not gonna play.(though it would have to chug pretty bad for that)cause i'm not upgrading this rig.

i expect everyone to lag tomorrow though.

Name raylor
elf hunter
cst.

going to make character now so give me a tell.

My character: Elf Hunter, Pilinedhel (Elvish translation: Arrow Elf)

I'm going to create a few more toons once I get this one leveled up a bit more.

As soon as I find a clerk I'll purchase some kinship papers and create "crack of doom".

Not a bad night and thx for the help wetawork got to lvl 8. It's so new to me i don't know what i'm doing.(been a while since SWG) Beautiful world though.And i can't imagine what it's going to get like.:cool:

Your welcome.

So, the word filters in the game won't let us use the word "crack" when trying to name the kinship. The Sindarin (elvish language) translation of crack of doom is "Sammath Naur".

So, if everyone is in agreement we will go with the "Sammath Naur" kinship. :D

I've been crashing alot and freezing up today no problems yesterday though:confused:

Seth Gecko said:
I've been crashing alot and freezing up today no problems yesterday though:confused:

Same here. May be due to some load balancing issues on the servers. Performance wise, it's amazing how well the game is running this early in it's pre-launch phase.

Back