Looper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I sort of get it.:stick :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Cheers, makes sense now.:yess:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Actually, there's no guarantee. That's what I liked about it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I enjoyed the movie quite a bit - easy 8/10. It would have been higher but the end was a bit formulaic.

I really like some of the way they handled the time travel, especially including the scene of the first and second meeting of young Joe and old Joe. I did have one question though...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Saw the film yesterday. It was Ok. Definately overhyped. There wasn't anything mindblowing about the time travel. Nothing that hasn't already been exlpored in other films already at least. The way this was hyped up, I guess I was expecting something more. :dunno

This was a fun flick. It had good character arcs, wasn't dumb, it wasn't the end all be all of movies this year, but it was original, and clever. And that is well appreciated.

This was a fun flick. It had good character arcs, wasn't dumb, it wasn't the end all be all of movies this year, but it was original, and clever. And that is well appreciated.

Absolutely, I had avoided most of the press leading up to this movie, and I enjoyed it a LOT. An easy 8/10 for me, possibly more. Not the best movie of 2012 (that's between Avengers/Dredd/Lawless for me), but still a great movie.

Going to see this again tonight with the Rian Johnson In-Theater Audio Commentary loaded and ready on my iPhone. :rock

Interesting, how does it work?

I got the link off of Johnson's Tumblr blog. It's a single MP3 file you basically download for free and then put on your device and then listen along (with headphones, of course, while watching the movie in the theater). The first couple minutes of the file tell you exactly when to pause it and how to sync it up with the film:

https://soundcloud.com/rcjohnso/looper-theatrical-commentary

This is a track he recorded specifically for this reason. The commentary on the DVD/Blu-ray will be different.

I have it all sync'ed up. About to head out and see it again with this. I'll post when I get back.

finally saw it in theater wow pretty awesome only problem i had with the film was the rainmaker whenever he did that thing i kept laughing

Very cool with the commentary, and I like that it's more technical than average commentaries. He even goes into focus pulling a couple of times. Good stuff.

yeah, loved how johnson went into technical detail. it was almost like attending a filmmaking class. as for the film, i think johnson's really growing into a true auteur, if there is such a thing left in this world. he still suffers from some occasional storytelling quirks for quirk's sake, but overall i loved looper.

i also liked this review (here) that took the concept of the film and made it a self vs self interview. funny!

Wow, just saw it! Great movie, the gf and I loved it. One of the best, most "realistic" dystopian future I have seen in a movie. The demise of currency and rise of tangible silver and gold, the cars, the decay of society, the realistic "advanced technology". All top notch.

The ending was alright though. Kind wish they had killed the kid. Like someone mentioned before, the Rainmaker existed without any previous intervention of Joe. He should have let Old Joe take his chance and end his reign of terror before it even started.

Back