Life on Mars Axed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That really sucks. Love that show. At least they plan to wrap up the story.

Yep, a great show, one of the best on TV. Perhaps a little too different for the great unwashed TV-viewing public. Guess I have to go rent the UK version now.

Awesome show, great acting. Never saw the UK original, but I heard it is fantastic. You can kinda tell that things would not work out because they challenged the viewers. From the mini helecopters flying out of the corpses to talk of aliens, there was just too much. I loved every minute though. Sad to see it go.

This always happens to great shows, people are just too busy with Dancing with the Stars and Two and a Half Men.

Yep, a great show, one of the best on TV. Perhaps a little too different for the great unwashed TV-viewing public. Guess I have to go rent the UK version now.

It's the typical American response to a good show that takes a little brain power to watch. American's LOVE reality TV, slapstick comedy (which I enjoy on occasion), and shows that seem impressive.

Case in point, The bachelor, Family Guy, and CSI.

Family guy is great, but most people watching have NO idea that practically all of the jokes are political satire or throw backs to old shows. Im convinved if they did they would stop watching.

Bachelor...I just can't stand reality TV...but come on..can anyone acutally believe the outcome will be love??

CSI...They just throw some big science words in there like Gas chromatography (outdated tech) and people think they are really smart if they watch the show.

I like the CSI shows, better than alot of things on today. I watch very little tv now because of all the reality shows, which have very little reality in them. They're mostly staged. The UK better watch out because they're getting quite a few of these as well. They're cheap to make, so networks love them.

I watch Big Bang Theory, Heroes, Lost and South Park. Everything else, like CSI, is hit and miss. Most of the shows that I really liked didn't last long. Moonlight is one. :(

Ah well at least I hope they wrap it up like they did the orginal. I sorta had the feeling it wouldn't go longer than a full US season because the original was well done and only lasted 2 series and the last series was less than 10 episodes.

Well the UK sequel series, Ashes to Ashes starts soon so that should satisfy those disappointed with the bland US remake of LoM.

I was VERY interested in watching this show but I now have a rule about TV shows... The show must finish and be re-newed for a second season before I will start watching it... I have been screwed too many times. I know some shows have been cancelled a couple seasons into it (like Deadwood or Carnivale) but I am done taking chances on Freshman series...

I lost out on Day Break, Journey Man, Eli Stone, John from Cincinatti...

That being said. I know shows will continue to be cancelled if people like me are not watching. :rolleyes:

Disappointing news. At least we'll get an actual end to the series, and not be left hanging.

I was VERY interested in watching this show but I now have a rule about TV shows... The show must finish and be re-newed for a second season before I will start watching it... I have been screwed too many times. I know some shows have been cancelled a couple seasons into it (like Deadwood or Carnivale) but I am done taking chances on Freshman series...

I lost out on Day Break, Journey Man, Eli Stone, John from Cincinatti...

That being said. I know shows will continue to be cancelled if people like me are not watching. :rolleyes:

RIP Journeyman. :monkey2:monkey2

Disappointing news. At least we'll get an actual end to the series, and not be left hanging.

Yeah, at least that is something. I hate when shows just end. It stings a lot less when they get a little closure.

Journeyman and Pushing Daisies definitely sting.

WB better release Season 2 of Pushing Daisies on dvd. ^^^^ing ABC better not pull the same ^^^^ with Life on Mars considering they said they would show the remaining episodes of Pushing Daisies too.

This does suck...I really was diggin this show...Gretchen Mol is hot and I dont understand why Sam hasn't blasted that yet...But I hope they end it with some dignity or hopefully some cable network will take this show on, but I thought that with Arrested Development, but there is rumors this show might come back...

I guess smart tv will always lose to moronic crap like American Idol...Stupid!

Back