Lets See YOU!!...........

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ski... isn't there a middle ground in the body building?? I mean there's a point when it passes (looking good) and being AAAHHHH!!

doesn't most of the bulk go to fat/flub when the workouts stop?

Do what you do if it makes you feel good/happy but the tone/strong style would seem to be more along the lines of sustainable imo.... from what I understand.. lots of reps with low weight. you'll look good.. feel good... and be really strong ... like a gymnast doing the Iron cross..
You would still be able to learn some Martial arts and be nimble enough to work some magic....

just my opinion Ski... but unless you're training for some heavyweight contests it seems you could make the best of everything if you went the strong/agile/martial/incognito style.....:lecture

True and false sort of Thrifty. I do remain limber by stretching after every workout and I make sure that I'm not just one bulky mess, I'm very strict to my diet whether it be bulky up or cutting down so mostly fat gains would actually slow a person down or bulk in a way they would not be happy with. Since I'm a natural bodybuilder those monsters that you see around 300+ is very unattainable for me since I'm using all natural foods in order to grow or maintain my size. Most typical bodybuilders do not do any cardio or very little because lets face it it's not fun at all unless you just like to sit on a machine for hours on end. I try to get my conditioning level up as high as I can possible, what I mean by that is not only do I do cardio to remain well conditioned but I also lift weights at a intense rate. Now that doesn't mean that I lift my reps all sloppy and fast, no that is controlled with slow movements, negatives movements and getting that mind and muscle control all squared down. It means that I'm resting at least 30 seconds to none between each set in order to keep that heart rate going. It's almost the way a MMA fighter would train in order to up their conditioning. I am always amazed at how many ppl are talking on their cell phones, looking at the wall for minutes or a half an hour on end talking to ppl. How in the world are you making the best of your time at the gym if you are resting every five minutes :lol Oh well, they do what they do and I do what I do.

As for the losing muscle and turning into fat, well TOTALLY impossible and just another myth. The reason is that they are two different kinds of fibers, if you were to open up a person (heaven forbid) fat is all yellow soft and nasty looking while the muscle if a more red tighter piece of meat. So what actually happens is that most males unless they keep up with the workouts lose a percentage of muscle and bone as we get older in age. There's nothing we can do about it it's just common law and the way are body works as we slowly deteriorate into old age. If you remain less active and eat more then of course your body is going to store more fat and if you are less active the less lean muscle mass you are going to carry on your body. So hence losing muscle and adding more fat which a lot of people believe that the two convert but that is never the case.

I'm with yah on the size thing, I've bulked up to about 230lbs before in my life and it is NOT fun at all, even though I wasn't fat at like 15%+, for my frame to hold onto that much mass was tiring. Just rolling off the bed, tying the shoes, getting out of a low base car, the conditioning suffered. So for someone around my height I should not bulk up to what a person 6-4, 6-6 should weigh. I believe if I can get to 200lbs of all muscle of pretty damn near close that would be the sticking point for me and I'll just try to maintain that size from there on. If anyone has ever saw a person that is 200lbs and nearly all muscle they would know that that is massive, especially at average height like myself at 5'9. 200lbs mostly flab, not so much... :D

Thanks for those questions Thrift, you da man :rock

True and false sort of Thrifty. I do remain limber by stretching after every workout and I make sure that I'm not just one bulky mess, I'm very strict to my diet whether it be bulky up or cutting down so mostly fat gains would actually slow a person down or bulk in a way they would not be happy with. Since I'm a natural bodybuilder those monsters that you see around 300+ is very unattainable for me since I'm using all natural foods in order to grow or maintain my size. Most typical bodybuilders do not do any cardio or very little because lets face it it's not fun at all unless you just like to sit on a machine for hours on end. I try to get my conditioning level up as high as I can possible, what I mean by that is not only do I do cardio to remain well conditioned but I also lift weights at a intense rate. Now that doesn't mean that I lift my reps all sloppy and fast, no that is controlled with slow movements, negatives movements and getting that mind and muscle control all squared down. It means that I'm resting at least 30 seconds to none between each set in order to keep that heart rate going. It's almost the way a MMA fighter would train in order to up their conditioning. I am always amazed at how many ppl are talking on their cell phones, looking at the wall for minutes or a half an hour on end talking to ppl. How in the world are you making the best of your time at the gym if you are resting every five minutes :lol Oh well, they do what they do and I do what I do.

As for the losing muscle and turning into fat, well TOTALLY impossible and just another myth. The reason is that they are two different kinds of fibers, if you were to open up a person (heaven forbid) fat is all yellow soft and nasty looking while the muscle if a more red tighter piece of meat. So what actually happens is that most males unless they keep up with the workouts lose a percentage of muscle and bone as we get older in age. There's nothing we can do about it it's just common law and the way are body works as we slowly deteriorate into old age. If you remain less active and eat more then of course your body is going to store more fat and if you are less active the less lean muscle mass you are going to carry on your body. So hence losing muscle and adding more fat which a lot of people believe that the two convert but that is never the case.

I'm with yah on the size thing, I've bulked up to about 230lbs before in my life and it is NOT fun at all, even though I wasn't fat at like 15%+, for my frame to hold onto that much mass was tiring. Just rolling off the bed, tying the shoes, getting out of a low base car, the conditioning suffered. So for someone around my height I should not bulk up to what a person 6-4, 6-6 should weigh. I believe if I can get to 200lbs of all muscle of pretty damn near close that would be the sticking point for me and I'll just try to maintain that size from there on. If anyone has ever saw a person that is 200lbs and nearly all muscle they would know that that is massive, especially at average height like myself at 5'9. 200lbs mostly flab, not so much... :D

mmeehh.....to many words....:monkey4

Me and 57 ninjas...

11441_362668110106_545970106_10094021_5487314_n.jpg

:wave Excuse me, Mr. Ski! Mr. Ski.....I have a question. I heard that ALL bodybuilders do steroids and are able to harness the mystical force of Ninjeti. I feel the public have a right to know. Is there an truth to these accusations? Will Alabama defeat Texas? Will Joanie marry Chachi????

:wave Excuse me, Mr. Ski! Mr. Ski.....I have a question. I heard that ALL bodybuilders do steroids and are able to harness the mystical force of Ninjeti. I feel the public have a right to know. Is there an truth to these accusations? Will Alabama defeat Texas? Will Joanie marry Chachi????

All is true, I have foreseen it... My attorney here will seek out further questions.

All is true, I have foreseen it... My attorney here will seek out further questions.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
I see. I see.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Wz07SI7WMis&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Wz07SI7WMis&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pure gold at :10.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
I see. I see.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Wz07SI7WMis&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Wz07SI7WMis&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pure gold at :10.

Love that movie dude, one of my favorite DVD's that I pop in from time to time.

Back