LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2009

Got the head today Les. It's a beauty. I don't have a camera but here are some crappy cell phone shots. Thanks again friend.

egpt1g.jpg

2wri5x1.jpg

Last edited:

Cool to see Les' head used with a different costume besides the clown gear, looks really nice with the bank robber gear.

Thanks guys. Sorry for the SLOW sendouts...trying though, got a LOT to send, not just Jokers.
Working to send out more this week because early next I have to go to the doctor, at long last, for a physical. WAY overdue, and my blood pressure is spiking a lot lately. Work is not affected, not the quality just my speed with it. Still reeling some from the effects of that bad food fun I had Christmas day. Anyway, I am finally seeing to my health. Might end up on BP meds, but bring them on! Anything to ease the stresses a bit.
Lesson, don't get older!

Anyway, thanks for the posts and I will feedback everyone soon. Got to get more out and to you guys. Hang with me, LOTS more to come! All over! Thank God.

Thank you guys. Seriously.

And Darthy, ROCK ON! Love seeing the old PL in play again! I see you got the hoses on ok. Blame HT not me for the flaw there! LOL! And I didn't mind fixing that problem. THEY should have. Anyway, rock on.
Thanks guys. The shots mean a lot to me.
Love seeing the heads finally on figures. The first of many to come.

Those new shots are great , can't wait to get this sculpt. :rock Awesome work. :rock

Every time I look at this I hear one thing
4259448635_3a9b5f557c_b.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Wait'll they get a load of me

Sweet hell I am excited to get mine. These look awesome.

Forgotten which one I chose, so will be exciting to see it.

This custom, a long-held wish of mine, was one year in the making. Les, Trevor, and VikkiTX were all involved in its creation as indicated. My deep thanks to all three of them!

webrelease.jpg

Lou looks fantastic! You making Mary, Ted and Murray to go with him?

Lou looks fantastic! You making Mary, Ted and Murray to go with him?

Wrong show. I do have plans for a few more characters from "Lou Grant." In fact, this was the second figure from that show I made, but I haven't unveiled the first because it needs an updgrade to meet the level of this one -- it was made on a Sideshow Buck body, and modified from an existing toy that Xenoviper brought to my attention. It wasn't an original sculpt. (But it was painted with loving care by Les!)

The body for this, incidentally, was a Characterhouse Jao body from the Taekwondo figure released in the year 2000. Here are the adaptations I did:

Wrists:
wristpegs.jpg

Neck:
neckpost.jpg

I used Yellow Sub parts for the neck, and Hot Toys wrist pins with Magic Sculpt to fit the Jao arms.

Ah, I see. You know, I don't think I've ever actually seen an episode of the Lou Grant spinoff.

Well anyways, Lou there is brilliant. Les really knows how to put life into a headsculpt.

To me, that's Les' greatest strength, he doesn't just paint brown for hair, blue for eyes or whatever raw, basic needs a head requires, his style gives his paint jobs a life that really makes having something painted by him worthwhile.

That is incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back