LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2009

The great challenge here was how to paint that balding-yet-fuzzy pate. I think what Les did here is just unreal. It's like he had to invent a new technique for a particular problem that the average head just doesn't present.

Trevor's genius, of course, is something I'll never get over. He nailed this so fast it was amazing; one rough draft, one note from me, and perfection. Mind-boggling. And without Vikki, this guy would have no pants at all, much less ones that are true to the 70s.

That Lou Grant is unreal! You have a real piece of art there :rock

That is a figure to be proud of, Gruff. Les did an amazing job on the paint. One of his best in fact IMHO.

I never thought I would ever see a Lou Grant figure. Similarly, I never thought I would be jealous of someones Lou Grant figure. That is amazing.

That is great G O B !!!!! Truly unique !!

The world needs more "Lou Grant" figures, there are so many classic characters out there that need a place on our shelves :)
Les and Vikki should start their own company...lol
Thanks for sharin the picts !!

the lou grant looks awesome! thats a sweet collaboration project!

and the Joker repaints look dang realistic as usual : )

Thanks all for the very kind words on the work again. Been too long I know. Really appreciate the comments.

Quick note, have had a busy personal medical related week this week. I had some doctor office visits and tests, and some med tryouts, one which did not go well, but that got changed and for now, fixed, so I am sorta, kinda better. But I tell ya, two years of extreme stress with a really bad food poisoning event added to, can kill. It almost did me. Got some meds going now, and am at least not diabetic, cancerous or otherwise. Some blood pressure and age related issues, but none too bad. Doctor is convinced it's almost all stress related.
I can't imagine why. Anyway, it could be worse!

Was offline for the last four days as well, so I haven't gotten much done or shipped this week as a result of this week's fun. Sorry about that. But, I am back at it again starting today. Just wanted to update as to where I've been is all.
No worries! I'm still here! :rock
My Kung Fu remains strong.

Also for now, as you can see, I am back online again. Squirrels eating the cable line insulation, plus rain, lots lately, equals no internet connectivity. Anyway, that is being repaired (I hope!) and soon should be next year's problem (happens about every year now) until we go underground cable or some entirely other internet mode.

Should have even more stuff shipped next week. Emails, pms, whatever, to come as I get to each of them.

Don't write me off yet! :rock
Just keeping you guys in the loop.

Les

Thanks for the update Les.

I'm dealing with type 2 diabetes plus high blood pressure myself, as you already know. So I know how health issues can, and do effect your life. I'm glad to hear that you're not diabetic like me. It's not fun to say the least.

Here's to hoping and praying for your continued improved health, and finishing the work load stuff for us.

Great job, les!!! TY for updates, ma favorite theme)))

What in the...???

Anyway, thanks for keeping the faith, Hicks. JediMike, and the rest of you. Thanks guys.

Got some serious works done this weekend, bit by bit, ticking away at all this, with more to come this week.
Been so off and on lately, due to last month's lag and a lot of not feeling well time, but feeling a LOT better lately.
I walk a long way, every day, no time off that, really pushing myself, and eating better, so my bad health numbers will go down, and the side effect is, I am feeling better, thinking better and best of all, painting better. Seems like this week alone, my brush is working better. Helps that I actually got some new brushes, now to get more paint! Almost out of core colors. Ordering those soon.

Anyway, shipping and emailing those I have ready this week. I know I'm not in here much, but I am pretty busy working, so I just don't get online much. Some quick notes when I can, the usual, to let you guys know I am on it.

Again, LOTS coming. Some Superman guys really rolling now, (yes, KL241 and Mike!) and more. Bales guys, hang on! They are coming at long last. And more Jokers should be hitting out there, with more and more as I go.

I have to do all these in waves, to try to work on old sets, guys who sent me a lot in one batch, you all know who you are, and also, at the same time, keep the large sets of heads like Jokers and Bales, etc going. It's been hard with only two hands, 24 hours a day, and no budget to speak of, but darned if I ain't making some progress at last, so...look for emails and some PMs, but mostly emails.

And please, if you haven't heard from me yet, don't panic, chances are, you are about to.

And Hicks, your set will be on the way to you later this week so thanks so much for hanging in there with me and covering me. Hope you like them finally.

SO much more to come. Look for pics from those of you who choose to post 'em when you get 'em. I appreciate those alot and they help me to work and keep going.

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Glad to see another post from you Les, and glad to hear you're hard at work and doing better bro! :rock

I never did get around to sending you that email, but I will now. Can't wait to see how all my Indy goodness is coming along.

Keep rockin' Les! :whip

Good job Les. Losing weight and eating better always makes me feel better. I hope it's all about to turn around for you.

so glad to hear about the health thing, les. people sometimes scoff, but walking is a fantastic way to stay healthy. i think it also helps mentally. it's one of those times you're not focussed on anything else, so can really just think. kinda like sitting on the crapper. i've heard that drinking hot water also helps people to slim down. the only scientific reason i can think of is it heats your body up, and you burn calories faster. stay off the junk food. i'm currently doing the same, and i feel a million percent better.

but great to see you more upbeat. shows the inseparable connection between body, mind and spirit. keep it up, never lapse and if it helps, climb to the highest hill in waycross, and scream "DRAAAAAAAAAAGOOOOOOOOOO!!". or "MAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZ, YOOOUUUUUU SUUUUUUUUCCCKKK!!!" whatever, helps bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back