Legolas Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's just the standard 18 - 55 mm lens that came with the camera. I've got a specific macro lens but I only use that for taking images of my artwork for making prints usually.

wow thats actually pretty nice considering it's the standard lens. Ive heard the stock lens wasn't so great, but your photo proves otherwise.

Darren Carnall said:
cheers mate... it's my Canon Eos 350D (I think it's called the Rebel Xp or something in the States)

I stick it on macro (for clear close up shots) hold the figures about arms length away, and have the lens zoomed in so the background goes out of focus. Seems to work well enough

ahhhh...the infamous rebel...keke heard alot abt this cam on the local cam forums..though i'm not that into slr..those are really cool shots once again, bud!!!:D

thanks, I've just put Leggys quiver thing on, and I'm figuring out where I want to cut/stitch the costume to make it fit tighter like it does on the films. Might not get it dont in the next week though, I'll take more pics once I've done it all though :)

Darren Carnall said:
thanks, I've just put Leggys quiver thing on, and I'm figuring out where I want to cut/stitch the costume to make it fit tighter like it does on the films.

I've been hesitating on doing the cutting as well. It looks 100% better when fitted like that but I'm afraid of cutting the cloak incorrectly and ruining the thing... But I'm going to have to bite the bullet and do it once and for all. ;)

FlyAndFight said:
I've been hesitating on doing the cutting as well. It looks 100% better when fitted like that but I'm afraid of cutting the cloak incorrectly and ruining the thing... But I'm going to have to bite the bullet and do it once and for all. ;)

the thing is you can get it to look better by pulling it round his body and folding it at the back then hiding it behind his quiver thing, I've done that. I'm just deciding whether to do any more, as the way I have him posed firing an arrow it shows how wide the top is under his arms, but they need it like that I think for poseability. But I don't mind losing that, I'd rather have it look more like him and be limited a bit by what poses (that I probably wouldnt do anyway) I can do.

I'll do something to it... I dont think it will be as drastic as Aragorn in the weathering, if any at all, the elfs were quite clean :lol

I might need to learn how to sew better than I can though :rolleyes:

Until I get an extra Lothlorien Cloak to hack up. This is what I have done. I think it looks pretty nice.

Last edited:
IMO nothing can look as good as actually cutting 3 holes in his cloak. It just looks bad when the cloak is all bunched up in the back like in Cruel's pics.

It's a $50 figure, not a $500 figure. Take a breath and just do it for christs sake.

Darth Cruel said:
Until I get an extra Lothlorien Cloak to hack up. This is what I have done. I think it looks pretty nice.

It really does look much better the way you've folded the cloak there. Probably not much more you can do with it (except cut the holes in it). There is another solution, however...

SSC decided to give Legolas the Lórien cloak, but he really ought to have the Galadhrim bow and mithril arrows Galadriel gave him, too. Since this isn't a "complete" post-Moria version of Leggs, having him wearing the cloak but still carrying his Mirkwood bow and quiver isn't really movie-accurate. (If memory serves me, they got the cloaks and Galadriel's gifts at the same time.) I just omitted the cloak altogether...problem solved. Looks great on Boromir, tho! :D

Is that a Tonner Legolas? It seems like that company is popping up in many properties these days, but they're so strange a look, and so expensive, it much be a very niche market of who collects them.

It is indeed, but I've actually been looking for one really cheap because his bow is more accurately shaped than the Sideshow one. It's much more curved like the actual prop, and a little paint job can really make it shine. Plus it would be nice to have a bow who's string I can pull and pose without worrying about wearing it down in time.

As we await the flood of pictures from the imminent arrival of Faramir,
I thought I'd revisit Legolas for a couple of outdoor shots...

537849602_7aad0d7f93_o.jpg

537849522_6908f41e38_b.jpg

...it'll be awhile before the son of Denathor joins the hunt for me...had to cancel him. (ClV wasn't cheap...fun, but not cheap) I'll pick him up at Legends later this summer...I can live without the broken horn...

Meanwhile, enjoy some more of the Elf Prince of Mirkwood...

...and I look forward to seeing everyone's pics of Faramir when he arrives.
(That includes you Captain Faramir...borrow a camera if you must, but considering how much you've been anticipating Faramir, we'd all like to see some of that enthusiasm in some shots of him when he arrives!)

jedibear said:
...and I look forward to seeing everyone's pics of Faramir when he arrives.
(That includes you Captain Faramir...borrow a camera if you must, but considering how much you've been anticipating Faramir, we'd all like to see some of that enthusiasm in some shots of him when he arrives!)

Don't disappoint us, Cap. :D

Ya' know, I've been wanting to borrow my sister's camera for a while now. I keep wanting to take pics of my Legolas; he's in such a beautifully natural pose right now I just wanna show him to everybody. I notice it takes a lot to make an archer look natural, but in one thing Sideshow's bodies are second to none--the double wrist articulation. No other figure can move the hands like Sideshow's figures do. If I can get her to loan me the camera hopefully I'll get some pictures up. Hopefully. :cool:

Back