Legolas Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a excellent job man!! Makes me want to buy one and replace the head!!

Andy Bergholtz said:
With the right silicone you could have that puppy molded, demolded, and ready to cast up in one afternoon. ;)

Can't wait to see the final result...

I just went back and read that (must have missed it first time round.... I don't do well with long days, lol.

Really? Damn.... I really do need to do some research when i get the time. Faster silicone, pressure caster pot for my resin casts, and about 5 people to help me do everything should cover it for now :rotfl

hunky_artist said:
I just went back and read that (must have missed it first time round.... I don't do well with long days, lol.

Really? Damn.... I really do need to do some research when i get the time. Faster silicone, pressure caster pot for my resin casts, and about 5 people to help me do everything should cover it for now :rotfl

Man, if I were anywhere near you, I would help you out free of charge. :lol

Thanks for taking the time to share how much you actually did to the sculpt! Your attention to detail is just staggering... although I'm wondering if it might have been easier just to start from scratch :lol

pixletwin said:
Man, if I were anywhere near you, I would help you out free of charge. :lol

pix if you lived close enough I'd take you up on that, lol. I need to spend more time sculpting and less time making and cleaning up resin casts. It's draining all my time and stopping me from producing more (any?) sculpts (like General Zod)

Glacticboy.. thanks for the compliment! :bow .... and yeah, I'll be doing some from scratch just as soon as I get some time, lol. Working on these heads (and the fact that I can see when things need to be changed or not) is a good way for me to get into it, and to figure out if I can actually sculpt or not :lol

nash said:
Any chance of resculpting a Brandon Routh Superman head for our Hot Toys figures?

I'd love to, but I don't have the time to do any personal projects for myself at the moment. So for now things like that will be done on a commission only basis.

If I owned the figure though I'd certainly be thinking about it!

Another AMAZING piece of work, my friend.

I was quite happy with my stock SS Legolas sculpt but you were able to tweak it even further and have it look exactly like Orlando Bloom. Well done.

I haven't been on the boards lately since this semester at grad school is wrapping up; lots of projects due and all that, so it has been a bit since I've seen this thread. But now that I have a moment to check things out, that is a brilliant re-sculpt Darren! Great work!

hunky_artist said:
enjoy. (I'll be putting more up during the next couple of days on my blog)

finished1.jpg

finished2.jpg

finished3.jpg

finished4.jpg

Well thanks Darren. I just went and used my rewards points to purchase an exclusive Legolas for $30 on second chance because of these photos. I will be contacting you about giving mine your special treatment. Which means I need Strider, Boromir, and probably Faramir... I don't know if I should celebrate or cry. :lol

Khev said:
Well thanks Darren. I just went and used my rewards points to purchase an exclusive Legolas for $30 on second chance because of these photos. I will be contacting you about giving mine your special treatment. Which means I need Strider, Boromir, and probably Faramir... I don't know if I should celebrate or cry. :lol

yep i bought an aragorn off of a boardmember to do the same thing. now to save up!

Khev said:

celebrate......... CELEBRATE!!!! (Then cry)

:rotfl :D :rotfl

edwint said:

Ed man, everyone else has told you before how great your pics are, and now it's my turn, these are the reason I bought my Legolas, and couldn't be happier with it.

One question: When stuffing the legs, did you wrap the tissue around the legs itself or just stuff small pieces in? And does it get funky when you bend the legs for different poses, do you have to reconfigure the tissue once you've posed the legs differently, or does the shape mostly stay?

Lenoir said:
Ed man, everyone else has told you before how great your pics are, and now it's my turn, these are the reason I bought my Legolas, and couldn't be happier with it.

One question: When stuffing the legs, did you wrap the tissue around the legs itself or just stuff small pieces in? And does it get funky when you bend the legs for different poses, do you have to reconfigure the tissue once you've posed the legs differently, or does the shape mostly stay?

hey thanks, man..what i did was wrap a few layers of tissue around the legs (the whole length, not using amll pieces of tissue), tape them to the legs and put the pants back on..when u bend the knees its kinda restrictive so i was careful not to do it all the way or the tissue might tear..when straightening the legs back i'll just futz with the pants at the knee area till it looks right..no tissue replacement needed..:D

So I got it done finally (work has been crazy) and man oh man it looks fantastic!!! I've always favored Leggs to the other two so far, and this leg trick, and topstickin his "apron" down makes him look even better, thanks Edwint! If I get a chance I'll post a pic or two. :D

Lenoir said:
So I got it done finally (work has been crazy) and man oh man it looks fantastic!!! I've always favored Leggs to the other two so far, and this leg trick, and topstickin his "apron" down makes him look even better, thanks Edwint! If I get a chance I'll post a pic or two. :D

work's always crazy, dude..heehee..thats why we got thiese little buggers to lift some stress off..let's see some pics when u've the time..hope it turns out well..:D

finished3.jpg

hey darren i've been meanifn to ask u this..what's the camera model and the settings u used to take these shots??they's amazin and crystal clear!!:rotfl

edwint said:
hey darren i've been meanifn to ask u this..what's the camera model and the settings u used to take these shots??they's amazin and crystal clear!!:rotfl

cheers mate... it's my Canon Eos 350D (I think it's called the Rebel Xp or something in the States)

I stick it on macro (for clear close up shots) hold the figures about arms length away, and have the lens zoomed in so the background goes out of focus. Seems to work well enough

Back