Lego Batman (2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just came back from the theater and I thought it was great! As a satire of Batman as he appears in movies and TV, I thought it did a good job. Although it was predictable and kind of a blunt exercise in how comic/movie geeks deconstruct things, I thought it was the most satisfying Batman character study yet done, and better than the live action films in that respect. Ultimately, it's still a Lego family animated feature, so you get all the silly stuff, Hallmark feels and marketing of the toy line (I do love me some Lego), but in an entertaining and thoughtful package.

Wow..I'm surprised by all the love. Like lego movie, the fx were fantastic but short on actual good laughs. I laughed like 4 or 5 times. I did like the other tie-ins but this should have been funnier.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

inb4 WB reboots the DCEU with Legos :lol

The people who animate DC understand and love the characters. The idiots who run the live action adaptions don't know a damn thing and just want to be dark cause they think that's what made the nolan films so successful.

I'm taking my Girlfreind to a French restaurant this Friday,and I'm definitely having Lobster Thermidor!

I don't know if "let down" is the right phrase to use because I didn't dislike the movie but it definitely wasn't what I think I was hoping for. It was enjoyable and did have some humor but it didn't have the same appeal the The Lego Movie had. That movie was just great all around. To me it had too many long and slow paced moments and at one point I even started to doze off.

saw this yesterday and it was definitely more kid-centric and felt like a higher budget straight to dvd lego movie or something. or more like the animated sections of the lego dc/marvel games. :dunno

how is the box office for this? I hear alot of disappointed comments lately...

It was a good movie. Better than all the animated movies we've got last year. It is more enjoyable for Batman fans, you can't deny that. I thought it defeated all movies last weekend. (+ It hasn't been released in some countries though.)

Throwing in villains from different franchises felt very out of place. I get it's a kids movie, but it felt kinda dumb. I enjoyed it, but I started dozing off during the last half hour.

how is the box office for this? I hear alot of disappointed comments lately...

Well it's obviously a kids movie. I was surprised by the amount of action, but with a nerdy Robin and trying to send an emotional message repeatedly, it was a fun but not great movie.

This movie topped john wick and fifty shades if that means anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Means kids aren't being taken to see the movie with lots of bloody headshots or the movie with lots of ****ing.

Box office:

The LEGO Batman Movie $53,003,468

Fifty Shades Darker $46,607,250

John Wick: Chapter Two $30,436,123

Back