Legendary Musicians

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Bill

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Any news on the musicians to be made into 1/6 icons ?.

Presley, Beatles, Stones, Hendrix, Mozart, guy who wrote 1812 overture, Sinatra to name but a few. This has the potential to run and run.

Old Bill

If you look at the teaser picture, look at the front speaker, theres a give away sticker on whos first!

Noticed the Kiss sticker on the amp. Wondered if this was just a little tease.
However, I suppose they are as legendary as any.
Is Gene Simmons as big a legend as Elvis ?. If my ancient memory serves KISS were/are a group.

Old Bill

Kiss? Legends? Musicians?

Sorry guys, they were a successful freak show on the U.S. side of the pond for a while, but I don't remember too many big hits or grammy winning albums. None made it over here anyway. Oooo look: :monkey5 Gene Simmons!

Still, I suppose they'd be fun to sculpt in the way Buffy monsters seem to be more fun than Buffy humans.:rolleyes:

The only figures in this line that I would buy are Queen and only in Premium Format not 12".

if KISS is what they make it proves "legendary" doesn't mean "good". I never like KISS and there are SO many things out there already for KISS collectors. If the line is started off with KISS I hope other more, er "accomplished" musicians will follow.

I'm thinking they didn't see that Kiss sticker when they used the pic. Since Kiss is so saturated as a license I could see this happening, but I'd probably only get them as 1/6 just as a novelty.

...and for the newcomers...threads like this are better suited for the general forum. Sideshow will never answer "will you be doing...?" questions here as stated in the FAQ.

Didn't somebody say that the KISS sticker was not present when the preview shot was originally posted, but rather it showed up on the amp the following week? If they did add it, then it seems likely to be a clue...

Having just turned 26, most of the music I listen to or even listened to growing up wouldn't be considered legendary. I would love to see some AC/DC figures, a Hendrix, or some Ramones. I wonder how many punk bands will get done?

Newsletter says its KISS, but the link to the press release is not working...

Now the Beatles are truely legendary. Kiss, I agree that they are a mere freakshow. Please, put that rodent tongue away and go a way, far away. Their 15 minutes are long up. Did that sound bitter. I didn't mean for it to sound bitter. Give use REAL legends please.

The only Beatle I would consider a legend is George Harrison. Very under rated. Don't care much for Paul, John, or Ringo. KISS are legends they are only 2nd to the Beatles in Gold Records for Groups.

Number Four Ain't Bad...

Aerosmith said:
The only Beatle I would consider a legend is George Harrison. Very under rated. Don't care much for Paul, John, or Ringo. KISS are legends they are only 2nd to the Beatles in Gold Records for Groups.

Aerosmith, your namesake actually outranks KISS in the gold record department, although both fall behind the Rolling Stones, who are the ones to claim that #2 spot.

NUMBER OF GOLD RECORDS AWARDED TO GROUP:

The Beatles: 43
The Rolling Stones: 41
Aerosmith: 25
Kiss: 24
Rush: 23
Alabama; Chicago: 22
Jefferson Airplane/Starship: 20
AC/DC; The Grateful Dead; The Beach Boys: 19
The Who; Led Zeppelin; Lynyrd Skynyrd; Pink Floyd; Queen; The Temptations; The Doors: 18
Mannheim Steamroller: 17
U2; Isley Brothers; Jethro Tull: 15

So... Chicago and Alabama have more gold records than Led Zeppelin, The Who, Pink Floyd, and Queen (all tied, interestingly enough). Does that mean we want to see a batch of Chicago PF's before these groups? Ick, no.

Meanwhile, The Eagles are nowhere on this list, yet they are the number three selling group of all time, with 89 million total units sold, compared to 19 million for KISS (the #58 all time best-selling group, total units sold). The Eagles have released fewer albums, but those albums sold like crazy.

Hootie and the Blowfish, Heart, Genesis, REO Speedwagon, The Doobie Brothers, Motley Crue, Earth Wind and Fire, The Cars, R.E.M., Steve Miller Band, ZZ Top, The Bee Gees, Boston, and Mannheim Steamroller have all sold more total units than KISS.

What do you think is more impressive, one album that sells 10 million, or twenty albums that sell 500,000? KISS have half a million fans that buy every one of their many records. Hootie & the Blowfish had 16 million fans buy one album and then abandon them. Which group is more popular? Which group has had more sustained and faithful popularity?

In the end, I would argue that neither total units sold nor total number of gold records alone make for a musical legend. There's just something more to it than that... (By gold record status alone, you could argue that Chip Davis of Mannheim Steamroller is more of a musical legend than Bono from U2. However, if you made such an argument, I would reach through your monitor and choke you with one hand while punching you in the face with the other...)

In the end, none of the other bands listed here would look as cool in their Greg Mowry costumes as KISS. That's what makes them an appropriate band to start the PF line!!

Crikey Tom, those stats suck. I have never even heard of Mannheim Steamroller. Where is Frank Zappa? Is he on some independant roll? Beethoven, did he sell any records? No. It is not about record sales, as you stated. Now stop making with the red herrings or you'll get the trout.

Give me the Sensational Alex Harvey Band. I wish it was as easy as wishing.

Last edited:
Being an old duffer. Is Elvis not enough of a legend to start the series ?.
With all those fans around the world, this figure would sell many, many units.
Provided Lisa Marie and her mum are happy.

Please stick him in the 1968 leather outfit or the GI Blues uniform. For younger members, ask your mum or aunts !.

Maybe might even attract some new blood into the hobby.

Old Bill

Im a big fan of 70's Kiss up to around teh solo albums period, But in all honestly id Probably only buy an Ace Frehley figure and possibly a Gene Simmons. Paul stanley and Peter Criss wouldnt really do it for me.

Id buy a Raw Power album cover Iggy Pop in a heartbeat though!! That would be so cool to own. As would a Bowie from the Ziggy days. How about it Sideshow?

Guess I should have read a more updated book. Funny my favorite band(Aerosmith) is above my cousins favorite bands(KISS & Rush). Guess I get bragging rights when we have the who's better arguments. :monkey5

Thanks for the list tomandshell. Is Elvis still in the top spot for solo artist?

Aerosmith said:
Thanks for the list tomandshell. Is Elvis still in the top spot for solo artist?

TOP SELLING SOLO ARTISTS

1. Elvis Presley: 116.5 million units sold
2. Garth Brooks: 105
3. Billy Joel: 78.5
4. Barbra Streisand: 70.5
5. Elton John: 69
6. Bruce Springsteen: 61.5
7. Madonna: 60
8. George Strait: 60
9. Michael Jackson: 59.5
10. Mariah Carey: 57.5

SOLO ARTIST: TOTAL CERTIFIED GOLD RECORDS

97: Elvis Presley :winner
49: Barbra Streisand :yuck
38: Neil Diamond
37: Elton John
33: Frank Sinatra; Bob Dylan :clap
32: George Strait
29: Kenny Rogers :horror
24: Rod Stewart
23: Reba McEntire
22: Eric Clapton; Willie Nelson; Prince; Hank Williams, Jr.
21: Barry Manilow :sick
20: John Denver :dunno

Back