Latest thing to suck away my time... Idol Chamber Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren Carnall

Formerly hunky_artist
Reaction score
Well I've got the Idol Environment with Belloq on the way (can't wait!!), and I've already customised my Indy figure to buggery and back, lol... so I was thinking of how would be the best way to display my Indy with the Idol thingy when it gets here....... and being true to myself, I couldn't pick anything easy could I? noooo not me :lol

Details of progress so far on my blog , but essentially... I'm making what you see in this photo. Or the back wall and the little standy up things anyway (want to make it so it can fit on an average shelf, or come apart for shorter shelves... why do I always make things difficult for myself) :lol

031.jpg

Best of luck Darren... Can't wait to see updates (and you'll love the predestal).

why do I always make things difficult for myself) :lol

Because it feels so much better when it all comes together. Thats what I think anyway.

I look forward to seeing updates and final product.

Good luck.

Here's some larger pics. Hope they can help you in some way. Can't wait to see it finished.
3311331039_c00a9c4d29_o.jpg

3311317585_24d4826dbf_o.jpg

3311816295_41cbf584e5_o.jpg

You got anything bigger 5?
By the end of this year we'll all be able to get screen grabs twice as large and 10 times as clear. I can't wait!

agent5, those pics are great thanks! I've got the exact same images... just a smaller resolution. I'm sure those will be really handy :rock

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm as interested to see how this turns out as you are :lol

Darren, I think you owe me an apology.

You are making my stomach hurt just knowing how sick this is going to look when you get it finished. And knowing that you may never be able to offer these for sale is making my head hurt. You are killing me. I hope you are happy.

:lol

still on hold sadly.... far too many paying customers in line waiting for me to do work for them, for me to be doing personal projects like this.

When I started it, I figured I'd be able to get it done in between other things..... then I realised how busy it looked like I was going to be for the coming months/years. And I still am.

I'll get back to it definitely.... the pieces are still sitting on my shelf next to my sculpting desk here, and I can't wait to have it all set up here.... but it won't be until all paying customers have received their work. It's the price you pay for being in demand I guess.... lol ...no time for 'fun' pieces.

Can't complain, I wanted to do this for a living since I started, and now I actually am. It's all worth it in the end :)

Back