Late to the Ledger Joker party, looking at options

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melkorjunior

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay...so I need a Heath Ledger Joker but I don't want to pay ebay prices. I've noticed spare Joker heads on ebay before, and apparently there are bootleg Joker heads out there as well. And now I've discovered that Cotswold has a "Joker" outfit set coming out soon. It looks great to me, with all the same pieces as the Hot Toys figure, in all the right colors as far as I can tell, and I'm seriously considering buying the outfit set, scooping up a Joker head from ebay or wherever, and slapping them on a true type body. Has anyone else here cobbled together a figure this way, by piecing it together from spare bootleg parts? Is there anything I need to watch out for particularly? Any advice would be appreciated.

View attachment 115518

Try looking for a review on that outfit. From the pics I've seen, it doesn't look too bad to me. It looks quite good, not to mention a helluva alot cheaper.

I think you're on the right track. Buying that outfit, the head a body and gloves sounds like a sound plan. Just try and find more information about the clothes set before you pull the trigger. The price is right for them, just make sure it's quality. Worst case, you have other options available to you (V1, DX01, DX11).

I know a hand full of people bought that outfit and they like it. Try scanning through the last 100 posts or so in the DX11 thread, someone posted pics and their thoughts.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Aren't they supposedly doing another one soon, anyway? I'd wait it out a while before buying some low-rent knockoff.

Keep your eye on ebay prices in the meantime and see if you can get a good deal. If you find one, carpe diem. Otherwise, wait for 3.0, and you can either buy one of those, or buy one of the 1.0s or 2.0s that go up for sale pretty cheap when the 3.0 is announced.

SnakeDoc

I have this set on the way actually. It was recommended to me in the DX11 thread as I mentioned wanting to piece together a second figure for the interrogation scene. I'll give my thoughts on it when it arrives. The only reason I bought the set is that it was only $60 and for just putting together a secondary figure that's just going to sit at the interrogation table and chair anyways I figured I couldn't go too wrong. I still need to pick up a body for it though.

If your just looking to build a figure, this is the way I'd go for now. Worse case you hate it and still hafta buy a 2.0 or bank robber anyway. At least in the meantime you'll still have a Joker on the shelf and you can wait to find the right price for you here on the boards or eBay without feeling the itch to must buy.

Is a Joker 3.0 confirmed? I've heard about it in other threads, and it does seem logical that Hot Toys might go back to the well on this figure since they love repeating certain characters. But Ledger's Joker is a special case since he only made one appearance, unlike Iron Man and Batman with their multiple outfits. I guess maybe Hot Toys could give us a DX set with a nurse Joker included...

It is definitely a possibility, however if you look at the production schedule they are pretty full for the near future. If they would decide to do another one, chances are thy would do a teaser for it. You could potentially have enough time to put away funds for it by the time it was released.

But the Joker is so popular, you would not have too much trouble selling off parts you put together to bash a Joker. So there is a desire to have a Joker now, I wouldn't forgo waiting on a 3.0. Enjoy having a figure now and see what happens.

im in exactly the same boat. really wish i pulled the trigger on the last ledger hot toys offered, now im hoping that the 3.0 is still an option. i have considered that outfit, doesn't look too shabby at all and the laughing headsculpt (not my favorite ) can be had at decent price on ebay....but i feel like im settling for something that i wont be completely happy with.

my search goes on and fingers crossed for the 3.0.

I have the set and put a figure together . It is decent. The trousers for me are a tiny bit baggy but im well happy with it. I managed to put together a second joker for around £40 minus the head. Will start weathering the clothing soon to bring it to life. Id highly recommend it if you want to put together a cheap, good looking joker.

Back