Lando Calrissian 12" Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't trust the Hasbro figure as the be-all, end-all word on that smuggler outfit. I would bet it's closer to Han's Yavin ceremony outfit than what Hasbro concocted.

Hasbro's sleeves are the VOTC Bespin Lando sleeves cast/painted like Han's shirt to match the rest, it's a kitbashed figure, torso is right but the sleeves aren't.

What? It changed? How? When? WHY?

Get mine tomorrow! Pic to follow....

It's darker looking in the in hand photos, but to me it's an improvement, or the SSC pics are too bright and it was always that way, either way, I think everything about the production figure is better than the prototype, paint, clothing colors.

HPIM5355.jpg

Silent Surfer photo

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/prod_photos/jpg/2153_press02.jpg

billyDeeWilliams.jpg

He looks great. I had to cancel mine but I am hoping he pops up on second chance so I can use my reward points.

:rock

Yeah, despite the quality he came out with, I think the nature of the character and things shipping right around now, he's likely to be a pass for some folks.

His head looks kind of big in those shots, no?

Camera angle, significantly, the lens is above head level angled down, shortening the body and shrinking everything as it gets further down his body.

Head size looks fine here, where the lens is closer to the center of the figure's body.

HPIM5355.jpg

Got mine!

QUICKIE REVIEW:

Love the sculpt.
love the cape.
love the clothing -- especially the 70's boots and baggy cuffs with silver tab.

no like the neck -- head and neck don't match, and I'm really starting to hate this separation of neck and head. And you guys thinks the doll dot is an issue?. This one is my bete noire.
wish the cape had more red in it -- not sure it had red but I remember it that way.

Overall: Glad I kept this one. It is so 70's in style it's awesome! Looks like a silly blue prince from the dance floor. Perfect.

He needs some futzing like Piett to make his snappy clothing look good, bit wrinkled out of the box for me. Cape needs shaping too as expected.

No pics right now, too dark here.

And didn't we go through Piett not having his pens when you got him, you so not used to get these things you slipping on the minor details now :lol

:)

It seems I get so few a year now I overlook the obvious. But Lando actually comes with the bracelet already on his left wrist. It looked like his cuff to me so I didn't see it on him already.

Back