Lando Calrissian 12" Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never seen this figure before, the outfit looks pretty dated but the sculpt does look good - but is the head really not too big compared to HT heads?

I wonder if HT will do a Lando?

Never seen this figure before, the outfit looks pretty dated but the sculpt does look good - but is the head really not too big compared to HT heads?

I don't think a HT Lando is a certainty unfortunately. He's one of my favorites. I think it's more likely we'd see a Lando Skiff from SSC with new head.

I bought this figure for only about $40 all up (in parts, just missing a one pair of hands) and it's up front with the HT figs.

Like most SSC figs of this era, the head is a tad oversized compared to today (it was actually one of the criticisms of the figure upon release,) but it still works.

which body did you use to swap out. I have the exclusive version lando and would like to swap out the body

The body I used was the 1/6 African American Male Narrow Shoulder TTM19 which you can get for about $18.00 shipped. The head swaps fine and there were no problems except for the feet. The Lando feet do not remove from his shoes, and they have posts. This body uses ball joints on the feet. I ended up drilling a hole for the feet to fit, but that might be an issue if you do not want the hassle. Also, the belt on Lando does not come apart, you will have to break it off and re-glue it after swapping.

AM body.jpg

Michael Crawford did a nice review of the figure.

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_112009a.htm

I am surprised HT or Sideshow has not released a new Lando by now, so I decided to get this one so I can finish all the main SW characters. The head sculpt holds up pretty well compared to today's figures, if you do not think it is too big. I always thought Billy Dee Williams has a big noggin anyway lol.

The body I used was the 1/6 African American Male Narrow Shoulder TTM19 which you can get for about $18.00 shipped. The head swaps fine and there were no problems except for the feet. The Lando feet do not remove from his shoes, and they have posts. This body uses ball joints on the feet. I ended up drilling a hole for the feet to fit, but that might be an issue if you do not want the hassle. Also, the belt on Lando does not come apart, you will have to break it off and re-glue it after swapping.

View attachment 274074

thanks for the tip. I will have to buy this body to try it out I loved this lando 1/6 it is probable ssc best human sculpt they did back then. if they remade it they probable screw it up and make it look like eddie murphy :lol

Michael Crawford did a nice review of the figure.

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_112009a.htm

I am surprised HT or Sideshow has not released a new Lando by now, so I decided to get this one so I can finish all the main SW characters. The head sculpt holds up pretty well compared to today's figures, if you do not think it is too big. I always thought Billy Dee Williams has a big noggin anyway lol.

Yeah, in his review Michael thought the head was 20% too big (and only gave the head a harsh two and half stars because of it) but my feeling is that those SSC bodies of that era were too small - many of the figures were only around 11 1/2" tall. If you put Lando on a slightly taller body, the head doesn't look as oversized (though it is compared to today's heads.)

Interesting discussion about the head size. I saw in another thread you can get a 'reduced' Trevor Grove Ben Kenobi recast - maybe someone could do one of this? (I'm guessing it's done on a 3D printer).

The head sculpt does look like an excellent likeness.

yes it does look awesome this was one of ss best human likeness. here is a shot of the four from that scene on cloudcity lando hoth leia han and Chewbacca IMG_0173.jpg

Nice poses, grevious - looks great.

Interesting discussion about the head size. I saw in another thread you can get a 'reduced' Trevor Grove Ben Kenobi recast - maybe someone could do one of this? (I'm guessing it's done on a 3D printer).

The head sculpt does look like an excellent likeness.

Where is that?

thats a great shot! love your customs man :clap i wanna see han up close. looks like you shaved down the hair to make it fit better?

thanks drjedisith. yeah I did shave down the hair I used the ss hoth han unhatted hair and dremeled the inside of it so I can make as flat as I could so it would sit flat on the sculpt . I think the ss hoth han hair makes the sculpt look way better then the ht stock hair

thanks drjedisith. yeah I did shave down the hair I used the ss hoth han unhatted hair and dremeled the inside of it so I can make as flat as I could so it would sit flat on the sculpt . I think the ss hoth han hair makes the sculpt look way better then the ht stock hair

i agree! i saved my ss hairpiece as well to do that very same thing . i didnt want to shave the only head i had down. i have been hanging onto it to do the mod someday on another head. now i have a jnix solo sculpt on the way maybe ill make the plunge. or wait til jnix eventually does bespin han lol

i agree! i saved my ss hairpiece as well to do that very same thing . i didnt want to shave the only head i had down. i have been hanging onto it to do the mod someday on another head. now i have a jnix solo sculpt on the way maybe ill make the plunge. or wait til jnix eventually does bespin han lol

that was my spare ht han head I too waiting for my custom sculpt from jnix as well ( can`t wait) so I made him into bespin han. never noticed how much this sculpt looks older then the jnix sculpt his is a new hope han I think the hot toys version looks more from the empire strikes back then ANH. as per your request here is a shot of han. I`M still working on it as I want it to look like it not sitting to high. IMG_0175.jpg

yeah it looks like it could come down a bit more. i know about the right hair piece. i put the ss hoth luke hair on the hot toys and i think it looks great! lol

Back