Kotobukiya Fine Art line (Avengers 1/10 Art Fx - Pg 38)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kotobukiya Fine Art line

I actually think the Hawkeye statue looks pretty cool. I like the colour scheme, the pose, basically the overall look. I imagine if he was one of my fav superheroes, this statue would be bought.

59167289ac90d88197912a59d157a5eb.gif

I got my Magz :banana

0947/1400 :D

It's a cool statue. Best (well I recently saw a contender for that title here. A custom WIP Mag) Magneto statue. But mine seems to have a scratch on one of the boots :thud:

I haven't thoroughly inspected the paint app on the statue, but it's looking really nice so far. I was a bit thrown with the bluish highlights in the hair. I didn't notice it in all the pics I've seen. I'm guessing it's there for some sort of shading effect. But less or maybe even none, might have been better. I'm still happy with the helmet less head, & still think it's the better of the two. Also, it definitely would have been better if the rod (to hold the floating debris) on the cape wasn't there. Would be nice to have the option of posing Mags without the debris (you can, but the rod on the cape looks weird). Really, those are minor nitpicks. I'm happy I got this. So happy that I might actually start collecting some more Koto fine art statues :D

Spiderman, your on my want list. Hawkeye, you have now been upgraded to a "maybe". You can thank Magneto for that :D

I got my Magz :banana

0947/1400 :D

It's a cool statue. Best (well I recently saw a contender for that title here. A custom WIP Mag) Magneto statue. But mine seems to have a scratch on one of the boots :thud:

I haven't thoroughly inspected the paint app on the statue, but it's looking really nice so far. I was a bit thrown with the bluish highlights in the hair. I didn't notice it in all the pics I've seen. I'm guessing it's there for some sort of shading effect. But less or maybe even none, might have been better. I'm still happy with the helmet less head, & still think it's the better of the two. Also, it definitely would have been better if the rod (to hold the floating debris) on the cape wasn't there. Would be nice to have the option of posing Mags without the debris (you can, but the rod on the cape looks weird). Really, those are minor nitpicks. I'm happy I got this. So happy that I might actually start collecting some more Koto fine art statues :D

Spiderman, your on my want list. Hawkeye, you have now been upgraded to a "maybe". You can thank Magneto for that :D

Sorry to hear about the scratch on his boot. I really like the debris. I think it adds a lot to the piece. I only wish the pegs were square and not round. That would stop them from turning in place. Every once in awhile the debris that is connected to his leg turns on my Mags. That wouldn't happen if they used square pegs. Even with those few minor nitpicks, it's my favorite Magneto statue by far.

You're right about the pegs. A non circular shaped peg would have been better for the debris. I agree with you about the debris adding to the piece, my nitpick was that Koto could have easily made it so we could have the option to display it with, or without.

Hey Filip, does yours have the bluish highlights in the hair?

You're right about the pegs. A non circular shaped peg would have been better for the debris. I agree with you about the debris adding to the piece, my nitpick was that Koto could have easily made it so we could have the option to display it with, or without.

Hey Filip, does yours have the bluish highlights in the hair?

I agree. More options are only a good thing. Yes, the hair on mine has the blue highlights as well. It is a shading effect. They all seem to have it. I picked up mine from my LCS and the owner had another Mags on display and for sale. The same blue highlights were on that piece as well.

Thanks Filip. I wanted to check because I never noticed it in pics.

Thanks Filip. I wanted to check because I never noticed it in pics.

No problem bro. Enjoy the statue. I have mine set up in my Bowen X-MEN display and he fits in perfectly. It's such an impressive piece.

It is impressive :D

There are some early 'in hand' pics of Koto's new 'Captain America Fine Art Statue' at Cool Toy Review. I'm not that impressed with what I see. After the nice job they did with Magz, Koto seems to have taken a step back with Cap. The pic with Thor & Cap together is cool, & would look cooler when Hawkeye joins. But the close up shots of the paint app on Cap is ..... ewww. The quality of this line seems inconsistent. My excitement for this line has fizzled a bit after seeing Cap.

I'm not even a Hawkeye fan & I like the sculpt :lol

I think I better be cautious with this line, & only purchase after seeing 'in hand' pics, or a review of some sort. A bit worried how Spidey will turn out. I really like the Spidey sculpt.

I'm not even a Hawkeye fan & I like the sculpt :lol

I think I better be cautious with this line, & only purchase after seeing 'in hand' pics, or a review of some sort. A bit worried how Spidey will turn out. I really like the Spidey sculpt.

That's a safe bet. They'll have an ES in the thousands for that Spidey statue. You should have no problems picking one up after seeing in hand pics. I'm in the same boat. I really like the Spidey sculpt but will wait to order until I see it for myself in person. My LCS owner will have a few in his store when it releases so I'll have no problem buying one if I like it.

The only reason I pre-ordered Magneto is because I'm a HUGE X-MEN fan. I have quite a few BD X-MEN pieces displayed. However, I still needed a statue of their greatest nemesis. When I saw the Koto Mags I was floored. I knew right away that I found THE Magneto statue for my collection. No other Magneto statue in this scale will EVER be purchased by me. When I am that certain about any statue, I never hesitate to pull the trigger. I won't take any chances. I can't say I've ever had that feeling with any other Koto statue. Spidey comes close but I can wait until I've seen the piece for myself.

to whoever got the magneto fine art statue.... do you recommend this or do you think i should wait for a Magneto PF to be announced? because with all these x-men PFs i have a feeling that magneto is just around the corner...

to whoever got the magneto fine art statue.... do you recommend this or do you think i should wait for a Magneto PF to be announced? because with all these x-men PFs i have a feeling that magneto is just around the corner...

The Koto Mags is the best statue of the character I have ever laid eyes on . I can't tell you how much I like it. However, it is a smaller scale than SSC statues. It's more in line with Bowen Designs statues than SSC. If you want a true 1/4 scale Magneto, wait for a PF. However, if scale is not important to you, the Koto Mags kicks major ass.

Got my Magneto Fine Art statue today, and it has a flawless paint job, no bluish highlights in hair, no paint issues at all, it's just brilliant. I do like the Koto Hawkeye, but as I have the BD Modern Thor musuem and am ordering the BD Savage Hulk and BD Avengers Cap America, i'm going with the BD hawkeye. If only Koto would bring out a Thor modern museum and Modern Ironman statue.

No bluish highlights? Sounds like you have my preferred statue :slap

Still happy with mine though :D

If only Koto would bring out a Thor modern museum and Modern Ironman statue.
not sure if you've seen them, but you might want to check out the Thor and IM "Reborns"...all 1/6 scale

kotoThor.jpg

kotoim.jpg

and here's the Cap that goes with them

kotocap.jpg

No bluish highlights? Sounds like you have my preferred statue :slap

Still happy with mine though :D

I'm right there with you Lawrence. I have to be honest. I haven't even displayed him with his normal head yet. I just LOVE him with that bucket on his head. :rotfl

Back