kojima productions x 3A

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in case anybody cares, here is an image of (i believe kojima's personal sculpture) with the traditional colour scheme
main.php

That one looks better.

Damn that thing looks amazing. I really do prefer the grey over the rusty metal. Is that a shagohod next to it. I love the fact that its a bi-pedal mech, but not humanized in the sense of having arms. Its more a "real robot" style mech being just a machine of war.

I prefer the rust. More character, and I had a lot more fun with Rex in MGS4 :rock

I replayed that mission yesterday, one of the most fun moments in gaming for sure!

but keep in mind, the rail gun was long gone in that sequence, which means the A3 rex is pre mgs4...

I have the shagohod that's next to Kojima's Rex- got in in Tokyo for alot of money- I had no idea it was so small.... The box art is really nice though.

Anyway--- you said it's articulated, right!? it's not just a statue!?!?!?

I can't stop thinking about this thing. Does anyone know if sideshow will sell this thing or is the threeA store the only place to get it?

Also, is sideshow now carrying all of threeA stuff or just a select few?

Straight from Ashley Wood on the 3A toys forum. I think the word RAY in the first sentence in the typo... about half way down.
https://3atoys.hyperboards.com/index.php?action=view_topic&topic_id=1896&post_id=166401#166401

"Post Icon Posted: Nov 15th, 2009 at 02:24 pm
the ray isnt ABS, its a proto, very fragile, the retail is 100% ABS, nothing else, very sturdy, seams will be very light if at all. its articulated exactly the way its meant to be, its an amazing piece of work. The paint job is a place holder, as REX has no real colorway im designing them. I know a bit about MGS.."

What does he mean, the paint job is just a place holder? Whats it gonna look like then? Will it be painted randomly or something :sick

What does he mean, the paint job is just a place holder? Whats it gonna look like then? Will it be painted randomly or something :sick

No, he specifically states he knows a thing or two about metal gear (i assume from his work on the graphic novels). hopefully that means we get things like grey game accurate camo, and some others, maybe dessert camo?
metal-gear-rex.jpg

Back