KGHobby - a rant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when i had a problem elsewhere paypal cover was 160 days , credit card was 540 days as long as the payment was direct & then theres section 75 which has no limit in principle in the uk at least.

They used to be really good and super responsive via email and messengerr, they have been my go to for the better part of a decade. I wonder what's going on? It's sad but won't be using them in future, off to Kit I go.

Uh oh I ordered one of TBLeague's upcoming sets from KGHobby, first time I've used them. I hope everything turns out okay...

helmet2.jpg
So this was the secret to the Romans' success.

They've always been good with me. I received a broken Iron Man Mark 85, I paid for it to be shipped back to them, they sent out a replacement and repaid the cost of shipping it back to them.

I didn't want a pre-order and they've allowed me to hold it to see if I can find someone to take over the order for me also.

I also had a minor problem with another figure that wasn't their fault and they sent me a partial refund.

I'm sure the same as anywhere they have their pros and cons.

Just make sure to take photos. I'm a bit unsure on how their postage to the UK works in terms of how expensive it is, but they always mark it down so it doesn't pick up customs anyway so still cheapest with them.

Same here for zero issues so far. They've always got back to me the next day when I've asked for an address change on a pre-order. I have stopped using them though, only because the high shipping prices from China make them comparable to some places in the UK.

Any Hong Kong seller will have its nay sayers and boosters . The best is Kit in my experience but Kit doesn’t carry soosoo toys

I've ordered from them three times, I think, in the past few years. I had some broken parts on a figure, and needed replacement parts, they couldn't give me replacements until the second batch arrives, kinda bummed me out, but I can't fault them for that, it is what it is. They also shipped me the wrong figure, and I had to go through shipping it back, but they paid for the return shipping.

I can't say I've had 'no problems' with them, but they've made it right when I have had problems.

I know there has been a lot of negativity about kghobby lately and a lot of it justified but on a positive note they just shipped me the Black 8 Studio Agent (Daniel Craig Bond)!

Problems with KG as I read are not with shipping. Problems occur when a fig has a defect/problem and the way they handle it. This is the measure for quality imo. Selling and shipping is not a problem. After sale support with said shipments is where a good company differentiate from a bad one.

There are problems with shipping. They are now pretty much across the board, one of the last retailers to send out HT figures. Even retailers in Australia are sending out HT before them!

Okay this makes me clench me my cheeks since this is where I have my InArt The Batman preordered. Hopefully there aren’t any missing pieces when he gets here. 😨

There are problems with shipping. They are now pretty much across the board, one of the last retailers to send out HT figures. Even retailers in Australia are sending out HT before them!
I was referring to the people who said they never had a problem with KG. The problems start when there is a problem with the figure, after they received it. After sales. My post wasn't the most clear. Shipping can be a issue as well off course.

I was referring to the people who said they never had a problem with KG. The problems start when there is a problem with the figure, after they received it. After sales. My post wasn't the most clear. Shipping can be a issue as well off course.
Yes I understand. I feel bad for anyone that has a bad experience with a retailer. We all have them. The more you buy, the likelier you will get a bad experience, I have not any bad experiences with Kg but I have had other bad experiences with other retailers and as people have said I dropped them. All I can tell you are my experiences with Kghobby and they got me a replacement broken foot peg on my WW figure at no cost.

No issues with KGHobby so far, BUT they still have my FFVII Cloud and Daytona (hopefully). When I asked about shipping, they said it would be $200 US to ship to Canada, so I'm still waiting until EMS is shipping oversized packages here. I have 5 Star Wars figures on preorder with them as well, I don't think I'll be ordering anything else from them any time soon since they're always last to get anything it seems.

I've never ordered from them before but I ordered a figure during their 11-11 sale that "shipped" fairly quickly, but hasn't moved since November 23rd. Idk if that's a KGHobby problem or an HK shipping problem :dunno

Man that sounds like an absolute s*** experience.
I've only had one small issue with them so far.
They sent me a wrong head sculpt, then asked me for a shipping quote to send it back but decided it cost too much. So they sent out a replacement sculpt and let me keep the other one for free.
I only have one other PO with them currently. But after reading the OP's post, it's kinda making me consider on cancelling and re-ordering elsewhere... :unsure:

They seem to provide shipping labels way before the item is being delivered to HK Post. Last order that shipped with them through HK EMS took seven days for the electronic info to be posted. Then three days for it to leave HK. No idea if they are overloaded or if its HK Post issue. My only PO with them is Rocket toys Kakashi and then I will be using Giantoy for the ones Kit is not providing (mainly Soosoo)

Back