Kaustic Plastik : Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks very well done. I loved the costumes for Destroyer and parts of the movie. Wish they had focused more on story and less on comedy but the designs were awesome and Arnold was a beast.

Looks very well done. I loved the costumes for Destroyer and parts of the movie. Wish they had focused more on story and less on comedy but the designs were awesome and Arnold was a beast.
Thanks, punisher.
yeah, Destroyer was a mixed bag. It had too much cheese and not enough meat. Because the budget was lower than the first film, the script was weak... they recycled parts of the Thulsa Doom armor to new warrior characters... the 'mirror monster' wizard was a joke... NO nudity... and worst of all, it was completely devoid of any Frazetta feeling whatsoever, unlike the first film.

On the good side, Sarah Douglas is always delicious. The Dagoth scenes were ok... I liked the Grace Jones character, 'Zula'. If there was a suitable seamless rubber body available, thin with tiny breasts, I would do a custom figure of her...

They keep saying a new Conan is coming... I just hope they put some serious Robert E. Howard and Frazetta into it... mythic beasts, Conan riding a woolly mammoth, etc...

A new Conan movie could be awesome if done like you said. The last one with Mamoa was terrible and I would love to forget that one entirely.

A new Conan movie could be awesome if done like you said. The last one with Mamoa was terrible and I would love to forget that one entirely.
It was puke-worthy... embarrassing.
No, I'm talking about Arnold playing King Conan. There have been interviews in magazines and television for many years, but they started to get more solid-sounding recently- even from Arnold himself.

Personally, I have no interest in a King Conan movie with Arnold. Due to his age, for sure a movie like that would be all about him "passing the torch" to some young warrior. I'm sure it would be very much politically correct as well...

Unlike most people I didn't mind the Mamoa Conan. I wish they would give him another shot. I'm sure I will get some argument here but his portrayal of Conan to me seemed like he nailed the essence a little bit better that Arnie. The only thing I didn't like was his hair should have been straight and he was too small. He is bigger now thanks to Aquaman.

Unlike most people I didn't mind the Mamoa Conan. I wish they would give him another shot. I'm sure I will get some argument here but his portrayal of Conan to me seemed like he nailed the essence a little bit better that Arnie. The only thing I didn't like was his hair should have been straight and he was too small. He is bigger now thanks to Aquaman.

Ironically he was more Conan-like in game of thrones than he was in Conan. Not looks wise, but it just felt more like Conan....

My finished custom belt, codpiece, scabbard, and sheath - Destroyer version.
Now I just need Jon to make the brass tip for the scabbard,
and I'll repaint the buckle assembly with brass cladding paint. KIMG0664.JPG

It will take a while for all the custom items to be completed- Battleaxe, dagger, brass scabbard tip, and 150 brass studs for the wristband... but Jon Deguzman at Full Metal Customs just finished the 'wheel of pain' pendant. It's amazing!87555393_207792910601275_6072578569605742592_n.jpg

Anyone has this set and sculpt for sale can you message me. Feel like a fool selling mine.

Why not just pre-order the Chronicle Collectibles official 1/6 instead?
I have but this set was alot better as it had real leather gear. The Chronicle one looks nice but is lacking in certain areas.

I have but this set was alot better as it had real leather gear. The Chronicle one looks nice but is lacking in certain areas.

Fair enough. Didn't realise only the unofficial set used real leather. That's pretty funny.

Back