Kato 1/6 Heath Ledger Joker Outfit - Purple Coats Delivery Started

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly:
People! Why the mope? We just need to adjust the lighting when we display him. R&D, change, evolution is inevitable. Isn't that what HT is doing, older/better figures being rereleased. With due respect to Kato's work, if tomorrow someone else comes up with a better 1/6 Joker costume, are we going to blame Kato for it? Yes, as his customer, I wished he would've found this print/shade earlier. However, I do not think that its worth getting upset on. Lets see if Umair's able to get a 'solution' to this 'so called' issue.

If I'm not mistaken Kato did ask everyone if they wanted him to make darker shirts at a discount and EVERYONE said they were fine with their lighter color. I don't see why the confusion here. :exactly:

He has showed the progress all the way through and made adjustments where necessary and when there has been dispute on colour of certain things it was left to be discussed among ourselves and get back to him, so I guess we went for the majority verdict. Don't see why Kato should pay from his pocket.

I am going to part with my He-Man collection in Febuary. If I can still get a set of pants and vest around that time Id be happy to buy the old shirt from someone and he can uy a new one. I really like my shirt as it is and if I get the opportunity to display a second outfit, I would love to match the shirt colours. I believe my shirt colour is the one in the middle. Maybe we can work something out, so everyone is happy. :)

Otherwise I have to agree with Nam. There was only one guy who wasnt happy with his (very grey appearing) shirt. But this is a different story that should be solved between those two parties. Kato has been always fair to me, when I have PMed him with any concerns. He even fixed my glue desaster a few months back for a bargain. A personal conversation is always the best way.
Otherwise, everybody was happy and someone who died it to be more happy. Now we get an upgrade, no replacement. You like it, buy it - you dont, keep your old one and be happy. They are equal in terms of craftmensship. :)

Just to be clear, Kato is only making the darker shirts because I told him that I would no longer give him my business and it was wrong that some of us got A LOT lighter shirts than others. That was wrong and denied it until I finally got a side by side comparison of my shirt and another boardies. The rest who did not want a darker shirt were ok to say no because theyre shirts looked great already. The people that got the lighter defective shirts should have received FREE replacement shirts. Just throwing that out there so people don't think Kato intentally made darker shirts to make em more accurate and screw everyone. Nobody wanted replacements so he made a darker version for me. Apparently Kato liked the new color and went with it for the rest of the orders.

There. You see now that this isn't the case of an upgrade. A handful of us got the lighter shirts while the rest got the darker ones.

(Don't really know what name said since I have him timed out in ignore, but I bet it's his usual bitter crap:lol)

There. You see now that this isn't the case of an upgrade. A handful of us got the lighter shirts while the rest got the darker ones.

(Don't really know what name said since I have him timed out in ignore, but I bet it's his usual bitter crap:lol)

haha yeah u got it. (in regards about NAM)

Last edited:
I'm sorry but this still leaves a bitter taste when I think of the amount of money I spent on the entire outfit!

I think I deserve a replacement shirt. F__k it's like 3 full hot toys figures and I just want the correct shirt, is that too much to ask for :dunno

Sorry if this seems s____y but I do feel genuinely agrieved about it :(

Relax guys. Kato is a great business man. If you have serious issues with your shirts, PM him. I am pretty sure he will help you. But to be honest I would be extremly pissed if people complain open on the board, because this always looks like there is a new Howes in making. Stop complaining here and send a PM to Kato. I have had 2 issues with my set and he was always willing to fix it. Hell he even fixed my bleeding glue at the vest. :lol

Last edited:
I'm almost sure that Heath has different color shirts on the set!
The mob one is clearly not the same one that the interrogation one!
Seriously I don't give a shirt about that :)

Just to bring something up since we're on the topic, I bought a Kato vest, it didnt include magnets.. it came with velcro.. while i wanted magnets as they seem to hold better. :dunno :monkey2 anyone know why it was changed? was there a change in the process or something?

Just to bring something up since we're on the topic, I bought a Kato vest, it didnt include magnets.. it came with velcro.. while i wanted magnets as they seem to hold better. :dunno :monkey2 anyone know why it was changed? was there a change in the process or something?

I won't offer magnet version anymore because too many qlty problem involved afterward.

There are arguments that can be made both ways, and with merit. I still stand by my comments earlier that the shirt looks different on screen in different scenes and under different lighting, also depending on how weathered it is. With that in mind, the original lighter shirts were accurate more to the interrogation scene than any other part of the film

The darker shirt looks more like what the shirt looked like in the rest of the film.

Still, I will speak to Kato and understand where he's coming from and what he is willing to offer to those who paid for the lighter shirt but want the darker one now

First of all, I am not meaning to piss off anyone
I would like to clarify something and I hope you will understand me:

1. At the very beginging the printing/pantone color was provided by one of you kindly and all of you happy with this color without any objection!

While this color is proved to be too light and I need to arrange a new printing again ( remark : they are all at my own cost )

2. At that time I hv already made the printing with my own decision which is already 2 tone darker than the previous decision, and all of you are happy with my color offer. Nobody told me that that I should even make it even darker

3. Nearly all people are happy after getting their shirt!

4. One member wrote me that the shirt was not dark enough for his own perference, he is willing to pay for the new printing development charges also. I start to re arrange the new printing again for him but AT MY OWN COST AGAIN!

5. Now the new printing is made and some people feel uncomfortable for the old one.

It is understandable! people always feel uncomfortable for Iphone 1 and need to change for the Iphone 2, they are now feel their Iphone 3 is not nice and want to change for Iphone 3S.

It is all understandable!
While you cannot require Apple Shop to exchange a new one for you freely:exactly:

6. The most important is : Apple Shop will never offer any discount if you buy their new version. While I am planning to offer like the following:

I will offer around 40% off for people who hv bought the joker shirt before. Each people who ever bought one before can get one in special offer USD80.00, who ever bought 2 pcs before can get two in USD160( USD80/pc) and so on

(Those people who never bought my Joker shirt before will keep at the previous price USD130/pc)

None of you complain about the chain but I hv volunatrily offered everyone a new metal chain in Gold color freely, did you remember?:gah:

I just want to offer the better version for yr option while it seem I make a wrong decision this time

Should I stop offering this new shirt project now so that nobody will be unhappy for that?)

I am sorry for my stupid decision which has made some of you upset Sorry! :wave

Kato

Last edited:
Back