Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She was naïve and innocent. It made sense.

Awful writing. Idiotic character development. The definition of SAFE filmmaking. If we weren't in the middle of a culture war where women cannot be publicly faulted, WW, Jenkins and Gadot would have been critically butchered.

Where else are they supposed to shoot at, her legs? Come on.

Bullets can land anywhere. Her moronic arm bands aren't covering her entire body. The whole thing is asinine. I roll my eyes every time I see her "block" bullets that way.

What drives me nuts is people will complain about wooden acting elsewhere, but then someone like Gadot doesn't even bother them. I bet most people that got a problem with the acting in the Star Wars prequels or Showgirls or the Happening think Gadot is brilliant. :lol

Actors like Arnold Schwarzenegger and Nicholas Cage have personalites that make up for their acting abilities. That's true charisma.

Yeah she’s pretty stiff at acting but she is giving the WW character some charm and personality.

sofia vergara has a terrible accent and bad acting yet ironically just like arnold looking like hercules, she had to look like what a real wonder woman would look like body wise to get in showbiz

i think sofia vergara actually acts better than gadot

sofia-vergara-instagram.jpg

I still don't get how Wonder Woman works. If I shoot her in the head, will she die? Yeah? Then how come she can survive a head butt from Superman? The braces, the lasso, the powers, it's stupid. It's like Thor and Loki. Are they gods or what. One minute Captain America can go toe to toe with them, the next they're all godlike and take a pummeling from Hulk. Loki should have been paralyzed for the rest of his life. There are no clear defined rules to what their capabilities are.

Superman is the only one I can suspend my disbelief with when it comes to his invulnerability and powers since they've always been a huge part of who that character is.

sofia vergara has a terrible accent and bad acting yet ironically just like arnold, she had to look like what a real wonder woman would look like body wise to get in showbiz

i think sofia vergara actually acts better than gadot

sofia-vergara-instagram.jpg

It's not Gadot's fault. They're just giving her garbage to work with. WW would be considered Catwoman-level bad 10 years ago. In today's Clinton/Maddow/SJW world it sits in the 90s on RT. That's the America we live in now.

It's not Gadot's fault. They're just giving her garbage to work with. WW would be considered Catwoman-level bad 10 years ago. In today's Clinton/Maddow/SJW world it sits in the 90s on RT. That's the America we live in now.
This.

Although, It may not be her fault, but she can't act anyway.

I still don't get how Wonder Woman works. If I shoot her in the head, will she die? Yeah? Then how come she can survive a head butt from Superman? The braces, the lasso, the powers, it's stupid.
Yup, cuts and pierces can kill her, blows and lacerations she can take, it's weird, but it's like that in the comics, I used to think she was bulletproof but nope.

OR, at some point they were thinking in pulling the classic "Supes is holding back".

I still don't get how Wonder Woman works. If I shoot her in the head, will she die? Yeah? Then how come she can survive a head butt from Superman? The braces, the lasso, the powers, it's stupid. It's like Thor and Loki. Are they gods or what. One minute Captain America can go toe to toe with them, the next they're all godlike and take a pummeling from Hulk. Loki should have been paralyzed for the rest of his life.

Superman is the only one I can suspend my disbelief with when it comes to his invulnerability and powers since they've always been a huge part of who that character is.

Yeah, that's one part with the movies that is all over the show, even completely ignoring Odin's "spell" in the first movie removing Thor's powers (which dropped him down to pretty much the John Matrix level of strength and resilience.)

The puny god battering of Loki was a bit of a laugh, but the way Hulk pulverised Thor over and over again in the latest movie, Odin's son or not, just seemed completely rediculous against the backdrop of the MCU Asgardian people, and them being essentially human. The movie universe makes it clear that these aren't the characters of mythology, they aren't even the same as the comic versions (where Thor is basically Superman)... How can Hela and Loki one minute physically maim and deform Thor (admitadly the Loki scene was a mirage, just as Loki's 'death' moments later was), but Thor just brushes off a beating from the Hulk.. But, I suppose Drax survived pretty horrific physically battering in his latest appearance too, and this version of him isn't exactly Superman either..

I still don't get how Wonder Woman works. If I shoot her in the head, will she die?

I don't know. Try it.

DC characters are becoming as 'rubberized' as MCU heroes. I thought Batman was a man -- that's the appeal. He makes indestructible suits. OK. But why leave his jaw exposed? Why doesn't his bare jaw rip off when he's thrown through a wall? Why does he never get dust in his eyes ripping through said wall?

In BvS his metal mask is torn in half, yet his face remains perfectly intact, maybe a fashionable scar in the right place.

I don't know. Try it.

DC characters are becoming as 'rubberized' as MCU heroes. I thought Batman was a man -- that's the appeal. He makes indestructible suits. OK. But why leave his jaw exposed? Why doesn't his bare jaw rip off when he's thrown through a wall? Why does he never get dust in his eyes ripping through said wall?

Yup like in BvS when Superman sent him thru those bricks.

I had this one call where a car read ended another car under 25mph very minor fender bender really problem was when the passenger airbag deployed in the rear car the lady was holding an aluminum coffee thermal and the force of the airbag caused the thermal to rip her upper lip and nose clean off.

Batman should have no jaw lol

i don't know. Try it.

Dc characters are becoming as 'rubberized' as mcu heroes. I thought batman was a man -- that's the appeal. He makes indestructible suits. Ok. But why leave his jaw exposed? Why doesn't his bare jaw rip off when he's thrown through a wall? Why does he never get dust in his eyes ripping through said wall?

In bvs his metal mask is torn in half, yet his face remains perfectly intact, maybe a fashionable scar in the right place.

yup like in bvs when superman sent him thru those bricks.

I had this one call where a car read ended another car under 25mph very minor fender bender really problem was when the passenger airbag deployed in the rear car the lady was holding an aluminum coffee thermal and the force of the airbag caused the thermal to rip her upper lip and nose clean off.

Batman should have no jaw lol

Don't try and turn it around and bring Batman into this. Wonder Woman and Thor's inconsistent invulnerability powers are a lot different than Batman having an exposed mouth.

Besides, there was a time where he used to get ****ed up. I dunno what happened.

IMG_9187.JPG

Saw it today. I kinda started with my curmudgeon face on....but then I just said "aw **** it". I put my critic notepad away and just got into it. I found myself smiling and actually enjoying myself. Who knew! The opening Batman scene was cool. I think that was a good start and helped acclimate.

There's really nothing I found myself hating....Except the flower bloom **** at the end. That went too far. :lol

Solid movie. I actually wanna see it again. :panic:

Saw it today. I kinda started with my curmudgeon face on....but then I just said "aw **** it". I put my critic notepad away and just got into it. I found myself smiling and actually enjoying myself. Who knew! The opening Batman scene was cool. I think that was a good start and helped acclimate.

There's really nothing I found myself hating....Except the flower bloom **** at the end. That went too far. :lol

Solid movie. I actually wanna see it again. :panic:

:lol :lol

Yup that flower boom almost ruined the movie for me lol

Back