Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

P5W0HMi.gif

Whats the deal with villains these days.

Weak , easy to kill......

Cgi rendered...

And none of them really memorable for years...

Who is the last real great villain in film.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The problem I had with Zod was his plan. lets say he got the Kotex back and he turned earth to krypton what then? Everyone has n earth would be dead. How would he repopulate the planet? Phaora? I give it to her that she's strong but there's no way she can bare that many kids. So basically the entire planet would be populated by a handful of people and an old skull?

There was the Kryptonian ship with all the those fetuses on it until Superman murdered them.

I don't see MOS' Zod as villain because he was programmed to do things he did.
He's just a part of the whole "Kripton was doomed to fail" narrative.
So while I like the character... I don't like the fact that he's called Zod.

That was hawt.
Kinda.

Tooms was kewl, Vulture was ok.

I don't see MOS' Zod as villain because he was programmed to do things he did.
He's just a part of the whole "Kripton was doomed to fail" narrative.
So while I like the character... I don't like the fact that he's called Zod.

I would with that for pre-Phantom Zone Zod. But once he arrived to Earth, he threatened the Earth for Superman or else thus becoming a villain.

... once he arrived to Earth, he threatened the Earth for Superman or else thus becoming a villain.
That's like callin' ants villains. :lol
He'd terraform Earth anyway, he just needed Kal to extort DA CODAX in order to repopulate.

They didn't really explore those themes (of course they didn't--Snyder--), but Riddick makes a good point. Really, the terraforming was a means of ensuring the survival of the Kryptonian species. And Superman saved humans, and killed his own people, essentially committing genocide against the remaining Kryptonians and ensuring the end of Kryptonians forever. Unless, I guess, Superman decides to clone himself at some point, and use that as the starting point to repopulate the race of Kryptonians :lol

In that sense, Zod could be one of the more sympathetic "villains" out there. Sure, he was a bit sadistic. But at the end of the day, he's just trying to survive. Anyone else would do the same in his position. All other villains are driven by power or wealth, or if you want to go a bit deeper, by some psychological disturbance (Joker being the most obvious example there, but it also applies to someone like Luthor, Kingpin, Loki, Trump, etc.), usually arising from childhood.

They didn't really explore those themes (of course they didn't--Snyder--), but Riddick makes a good point. Really, the terraforming was a means of ensuring the survival of the Kryptonian species. And Superman saved humans, and killed his own people, essentially committing genocide against the remaining Kryptonians and ensuring the end of Kryptonians forever. Unless, I guess, Superman decides to clone himself at some point, and use that as the starting point to repopulate the race of Kryptonians :lol

In that sense, Zod could be one of the more sympathetic "villains" out there. Sure, he was a bit sadistic. But at the end of the day, he's just trying to survive. Anyone else would do the same in his position. All other villains are driven by power or wealth, or if you want to go a bit deeper, by some psychological disturbance (Joker being the most obvious example there, but it also applies to someone like Luthor, Kingpin, Loki, Trump, etc.), usually arising from childhood.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Back