Jumbo Joe's from Gentle Giant confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. That does look pretty cool. 80 bucks just to join? Are there any other perks to joining?

Rick

I'm digging this line and I'm also really liking those little figures too, this is pretty damn cool:clap

201d4a22fa47833ef89ddcf1edbee028.jpg

Yup, original card art all the way.

abe82695cb9496b7c4fadf655bb857b4.jpg

02b00d1b47c7aa70e544db399b542ee4.jpg

This alone is pure nostalgia. Every time I see any packaging or box with the Joe colors on it makes me excited and brings back good memories of vehicle boxes stacked up when I was young. Really looking forward to the carded release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hopefully people buy these so we can get the swivel arm 83-86 characters

Only if the art is vintage and not that 25th anniversary crap.

Based on the packaging for those little guys, looks like they are reproducing the original art. Prolly scanned from original packaging and cleaned up. The original art used is long gone.

Based on the packaging for those little guys, looks like they are reproducing the original art. Prolly scanned from original packaging and cleaned up. The original art used is long gone.

Not all of it is. There is a lot of original artwork in collectors hands. There are plenty that got painted over for Tiger Force, Python Patrol and Slaughter's Marauders though.

hopefully people buy these so we can get the swivel arm 83-86 characters

Ask over on Statue Forum and GG said if they sell well, they will keep going. Imagine Zartan and swamp skier 12 inch style chameleon_box.jpg

In my Opinion they should have yes gave the original team first, but at least with Swivel Arm Battle Grip......The straight arms do nothing for me......And what about the vehicle drivers?.....Hawk, Clutch, Grand slam? And I want to see Breaker, Flash, and even scarlett. Where's Cobra, Cobra Officer, Cobra Commander?

I'm digging this line and I'm also really liking those little figures too, this is pretty damn cool:clap

201d4a22fa47833ef89ddcf1edbee028.jpg

Grunt always looked deformed but the jumbo scale really magnifies his misshapen noggin beyond proportion. :lol

I'd really like to see them pump out a Steel Brigade with patches, etc... maybe next years exclusive.

I just want a Storm Shadow. I can't possibly see this line lasting long enough to get to him, if they are really releasing them chronologically. Old school GI Joe ain't exactly Star Wars. And modern Joe collectors are notoriously cheap...they don't even support the Hasbro lines at retail and then ***** that there's no new product.

I just don't see the logic in making characters like Grunt instead of going straight to Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Zartan, etc.

So they're using o-rings and the screws are fake. What happens when those rings snap?

Oh really? That might be a dealbreaker (not that price wasn't already a dealbreaker)...

Yea the swivel will add complexity to the molds. These are already far more complex than the Star Wars and Secret Wars Jumbos.

"Far more"? I don't know about that. Moderately more, maybe. I mean, we're still talking about 1982 articulation here.

Grunt always looked deformed but the jumbo scale really magnifies his misshapen noggin beyond proportion. :lol

It's not misshapen, he's just not a pretty boy. Why do you want a pretty boy soldier, hmm? ;)

I always thought he looked like Michael Ironsides. :)

At any rate, I'm not wowed by the packaging, here. I've already got a 60's GI Joe accessory footlocker, and I'd rather see the original card art anyway. But it's all moot anyway, since the price means I'm out. I wouldn't mind picking this up in a trade or something, though. Those mini-figures, too, if at all possible...

Back