Joker To Joker - A Parody of Epic Proportions!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice effort but yea, it's meh on the funnAy.

Yeah, I get what everybody's saying. I really appreciate the honesty. I think it's a good read...maybe boring, according to some. I know it's far from a REAL screenplay. It was never intended to be that, though. I could immediately tell it didn't have a natural flow, and sure, some of the humor may not be as humorous as I hyped it up to be, but 98% of what's written is from the Batman movies, as if it were taken by dictation, just recut or re-edited. If I were to add other movies (& pop culture refs.) to the mix, then of course, it would be much funnier. But I refused to do just that, because I wanted to keep it in the Batman film realm.

jokes don't work in written form unless its in a greater context when you aren't expecting a joke, ie humor in a novel.

writing it as if it was a script took all the spontanaety of any humor away. honestly this sucked ass.

Too much recycled everything, its all just lines from the movies, nothing original. This may work as a youtube vid of sound clips from both films but other then that its far from inventive. Sorry.

Too much recycled everything, its all just lines from the movies, nothing original. This may work as a youtube vid of sound clips from both films but other then that its far from inventive. Sorry.

^^ Exactly. That's what it meant to be, nothing more than a funny 2-minute Youtube video (except some scenes can't be done, unless it were re-inacted). It's like those videos you see where they split the scenes from one movie and match them together with another....here below, is a cool example of what I was talking about, but it's not funny. It's a serious trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUmSi0Bitdo

While I respect everyone's honesty (Marf's, Deckard's, and Evilface's especially for being low-key about it) to everyone else, who likes beating that dead horse with a stick...I never expected to receive such a harsh backlash, as if the thing I posted was meant to be an "inventive" or "original" screenplay. If that were the case, I would have written the whole thing from scratch, stamped "batman 3" on it, and claimed it to be my own. That's just plain ridiculous. It clearly wasn't my objective. That's >> more like fan fiction. And I don't sit around hoping people will critique work that belongs on a Christmas card (there, a little criticism for myself) just so forum members can bash me, and label something that took me 20 minutes to write, "fan-fiction". Sorry, because it's nothing more than a 3-page compilation of the dialogue written by Warren Skaaren, Samm Hamm, Jonathan & Christopher Nolan. Anyway way you look at it, it's just re-editing scenes from both Batman movies. I just posted it because I thought people would find it entertaining, but...no, I guess not.

Last edited:
Well atleast you tried and can write stories. But i hope this gives you time to improve on your comedy so next time it will be funny. Good job tho.

Well atleast you tried and can write stories. But i hope this gives you time to improve on your comedy so next time it will be funny. Good job tho.

Thanks Iron. This is the type of support a lot of people don't get on forums nowadays. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, without a doubt. I posted this with the best intentions...not really expecting such an uproar. I'm a decent writer who does in fact, suffer from dyslexia. I know first hand, how people can be discouraged from doing anything "entertainment" related these days, because there are a lot of people who have a lot of time on their hands that love to bring someone down when they can do something better (or think they can do something better--this is considered competition). If technology were around 30 years ago, there would be NO Francis Ford Coppola, NO George Lucas, NO Marlon Brando, NO Jack Nicholson etc, etc. Because people would tell them how much their Youtube videos "suck", or how they're 3-page spoofs suck, and how they'll never make it, etc. etc.

And this is not to say the thing I posted is great. I never said that. I meant to be a short spoof, and "a good read". But since everyone will attack me, more or less, I'm going to defend my statements by letting everyone know how I feel, and that I do in fact know people in high places in Los Angeles, and the film business (Manager of Writers for Solaris Entertainment, Vice President of New Line Cinema), and they've read my REAL work, they never kissed my a**, they were always honest with me. They've addressed to me numberous times actually, my treatment work(s) are highly imaginative, original, and well-constructed (and doable at a low-cost) unlike the mountains of "fan fiction", and rehases, they receive on a weekly basis. The only flaw they find in my work, is the dialogue, I always notice it needs major improvement in some areas, as well. So they offer a co-writer to assist me. I appreciate the notion of having a co-writer to assist me, it's a win/win situation if a screenplay is co-written. But how does this make me any better in the end? I'm no better than anybody out there, but how will I improve my craft if I'm assisted? So yeah, that's the only thing that ticks me off from time to time, is when you go out of your way to post something you think others will enjoy, and then there is such hostility, that implies an individual is not talented.

You'll find a lot of people are full of _____ in the industry. And like many forum members do on a daily basis, they kiss up to someone only, AFTER the fact, something (sculpts, screenplays, films, music, etc.) has been distributed through a major corporation. It's called fame. And I'm far from it. I'm just stating facts here. :exactly:

Last edited:
Most fanfiction is really looked down upon, and really if any were to be posted here (where it no one seems to be interested in that) then it looks like it's not something serious. Just realize your target audience is not the people here. It's not about talent or anything, it's just that people here are more interested in movies and collectibles

Back