John Wayne in 3-5 Days

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is his base wooden or resin and should I cancel my preorder on Captain America to get the Duke or would I be wiser to hold onto Cap? If I had the dough I would get both. So no suggestions of getting both of them either. lol

I like them so much, I have no idea which one I like more than the other. Granted I am not a big Duke fan, but what I am a fan of is the sculpt and tailoring on this figure. It's almost as if they took the actual real actor John Wayne and shrunk him down 1/4th his original size.

Not an easy choice!! They are both great American icons in their own way.

For me, I love movies more than comics, and John Wayne is in some of my favorite westerns. The PF is going in a case on top of my movie cabinet with a movie poster behind him. It was an easy decision for me to get this one!!

I got mine last night. John Wayne is the BEST PF Sideshow has done to date, including Lurtz. Because of more cloth, he's a far better example of what you can truly due with a mixed media figure, rather than a straight statue. And he's smokin'!

So where the Hell is my Clint?

Michael Crawford said:
I got mine last night. John Wayne is the BEST PF Sideshow has done to date, including Lurtz. Because of more cloth, he's a far better example of what you can truly due with a mixed media figure, rather than a straight statue. And he's smokin'!

So where the Hell is my Clint?

Awesome, I can't wait for mine! Now where is the review? :monkey5

jlcmsu said:
My Dad got his today. He just got home so we just looked so no pics till later. Very nice piece and he's really impressed but thinks I spent too much on him for x-mas. Bah I say he's my Dad. We have to order a case for it but I told him we have to leave it out long enough to measure it. He got #528/1000.

Anyone know what the brass ring around his right wrist is for?

Also Tom if you would measure yours and PM them to me so we can order a case. That way we can keep it sealed. Dad has no place to put this till we get a case.

Wayne wore a copper bracelet for artherites.

You didn't think Sideshow would put something on him that didn't belong, did you? :D

BTW, I'm not positive on that arthritis thing...it is true that people did (and do) believe wearing copper can help with arthritis, but I don't remember a) John Wayne ever being a big arthritis sufferer or b) remember ever seeing it on him outside of Cogburn:

9967-0006.jpg

I'm going to do some more checking...

Michael Crawford said:
You didn't think Sideshow would put something on him that didn't belong, did you? :D

Or worse yet, in place of twisties the PFs get the ultimate in security --- copper ties! :horror :lol

Yea, the photo didn't show up there (damn imdb) but Rooster wore a copper bracelet, so it belongs. And copper has been trumped up as an arthritis ad for decades, but I'm not sure that's the reason he was wearing it.

Back