John Wayne in 3-5 Days

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I take back 10% of the bad things I have said about FedEx. They managed to get my John Waye PF on a truck today after all, and it got delivered. I couldn't believe they actually managed to redeem themselves. (Although it was still a day late, that's a lot better than the four days I had been told to expect.) So here he is!

duke01aj3.jpg

I can see the likeness much better here than I did on the proto. Rooster looks like he just stepped right off the screen.

Looks sweet Tom!! If I was big into PF's I would like to have order this one. I love The Duke, and this would have been pretty damn cool to own.

Rio Lobo is the way to go unless you can find a better True Grit poster to go with it.:D

My few nitpicks would be that they sewed the suspenders onto his pants a little too close to the middle, the paint used to emphasize the age lines around his eyes is a little dark, and the leather on his vest and jacket lacks the beautiful weathering/aging that was present on the prototype at SDCC.

But all in all he is a great piece of work and well worth having!

And I know somebody else who likes him:

dukefanhg7.jpg

And here's the box design:

dukeboxuv6.jpg

I love how the box has western hero on it. My son has already claimed this for his room so it looks like John will be surronded by spongebob for about a month.

Great pics! My Dad just saw them and is now really excited about this and trying to figure out where he's gonna put it.

jlcmsu said:
Great pics! My Dad just saw them and is now really excited about this and trying to figure out where he's gonna put it.

Looks like my luck held out and I got him before you after all!!

But you won't have too much longer to wait, and it will be worth it.

carbo-fation said:
Congrats Tom! This piece looks great. As someone mentioned already, please post pics once you've finally selected a poster. :D

I certainly will! I am also considering getting an acrylic cover to protect him from the elements. The space I have picked out for him is right under an air conditioning vent in the ceiling and he is going to be covered with dust if I don't get a case. Then I need to get the poster, and get it framed.

But when I am finished I will post a picture for sure.

tomandshell said:
Looks like my luck held out and I got him before you after all!!

But you won't have too much longer to wait, and it will be worth it.

It did hold out. Which is good since I know you've been looking forward to this a lot.

Nah, Tuesday will be here soon then my Dad can finally open his present. :lol

I am really scaling back on anything other than Star Wars and the LOTR PFs, but I can make an exception with something like this.

I think this will appeal to a lot of people who don't normally buy collectibles. It is probably the ultimate Father's Day gift for a ton of people--although it will be sold out by then.

Cant work one into the budget, but I wanted one of these. ended up cancelling

my idea was to create a wooden wall back drop for him and attempt to sculpt and hang on the wall 1/4 scale super hero's & villan's heads hanging from the walll behind him.
As in "Nobody can F with the Duke. NOBODY!"

.. yes I wanted to hang even the hero's heads and villans ... Hulk, Cap, Red Skull, Spidey, Omega Red, SSurfer, Thanos, Punisher, Conan, etc.... (Predator would be cool, but I couldnt even attempt to sculpt one)

Back