Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was gonna wait a bit more to see whether HT will do it before getting the Toys Era but now I see most places are sold out of the Toys Era already...

Lol illegal?

Better cancel my pre order then, don?t want to cops to come knocking on my door.

Heard knock at the door

Opens door.

?Sir we got a tip that you?ve been buying illegal toys of the joker online. If so this is a serious offense?

I wonder if Toys Era will make a finite amount... or just sell as many as humanly possible and scram with the cash? I mean, it makes sense to keep a low profile for unlicensed merch... but when orders keep coming in, how do you say no? This is how companies get shut down. And WB is notorious for going after companies. Not sure they can do much in China though, especially now... seems like a real free-for-all right now for unlicensed product.

When it comes to high profile/higher risk releases, most of the smarter bootleg companies these days tend to set clear pre-order cutoff dates, set the production run based strictly on that, send out what was ordered and then disappear back into the shadows with their money until it's time for the next release, knowing that if demand is high enough they can always come back and put out a 2.0 release later anyway.

I wonder when the cutoff will be, considering Toys Era has a Q4 2019 release date -- meaning December.

Personally, I don't have much hope we'll see this released before we're well into next year.

Maybe they started working on the prototype as soon as all those BTS pictures started flooding out? Wishful thinking I know. :pray:

I wonder when the cutoff will be, considering Toys Era has a Q4 2019 release date -- meaning December.

Personally, I don't have much hope we'll see this released before we're well into next year.

Yeah I wouldn't put any more faith in release dates from these guys as I would the legit companies.

As for the cutoff for the Toys Era Comedian, I thought I heard that it was the 22nd, but I see it is already gone from OSK and a couple of others, so who knows?

I wonder if Toys Era will make a finite amount... or just sell as many as humanly possible and scram with the cash? I mean, it makes sense to keep a low profile for unlicensed merch... but when orders keep coming in, how do you say no? This is how companies get shut down. And WB is notorious for going after companies. Not sure they can do much in China though, especially now... seems like a real free-for-all right now for unlicensed product.

If Toys Era is in Maindland China, WB can't do much to them. I read it somewhere, the Chinese company always win against a foreign entity. E.g. New Balance

If Toys Era is in Maindland China, WB can't do much to them. I read it somewhere, the Chinese company always win against a foreign entity. E.g. New Balance

Yeah, I guess that's one of the ideas behind the trade dispute.

Interesting that Toys Era had sold out from some popular retailers. Perhaps it did better than expected, or those retailers are trying to insure against cease and desist letters.

Yeah, I guess that's one of the ideas behind the trade dispute.

Interesting that Toys Era had sold out from some popular retailers. Perhaps it did better than expected, or those retailers are trying to insure against cease and desist letters.

I ordered mine form onesixthkit, it did not show pics of the figure just the description lol

I have no idea why, but Hasbro has either done nothing or doesn't care about the rampant world of 3P transformers. Top to bottom, knock offs, over-sized, entire lines of MPs and Legends scaled figures, you name it, a 3P has done it. There's really very few full boxed KOs of HT figures, but almost all the popular headsculpts get KO'd pretty quickly.

It was kind of unusual, maybe low preorders, but they put their Nightcrawler figure out only a few months after preorders went up.

From what I have heard, many of the folks working for and behind these bootleg operations not only live in Hong Kong, but also have 'day jobs' working for legitimate companies as well, and so it is more fear of public exposure (and the consequences that could come from that) than it is outright fear of prosecution.

According to DeanKnight333 he could be getting his toy era joker within the next two weeks..

Back