Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unlike SooSoo who deliver close to the prototype (even if the prototype was a masculine Elektra), Toys Era/TITToys/Black Box/Toys Works tend to be hit or miss. You never know what you're going to get.

They can range from appalling to excellent.

This Joker looks to fall in the middle of that range.

Maybe it's an alternate ending epilogue version after he kills Bruce?

Arthur Fleck changes his name to Arthur Wayne, goes to the gym and dubs himself, Jokerman, The World's Worst Detective.

:dunno

Eyes look wonky, pupils off center... and head confirmed as a bit pin-sized. Bad news.

Once again, foiled by excitement and suckered into preorder that I should have waited on.

Those people that have to wait until March for batch #2 will perhaps have a better end product if Toys Era does any tweaking to the production line.

#batchtwoboyz

The suit definitely looks better in those pics. He absolutely needs a thinner body, but if the head really is too small then maybe a different head will disguise the proportions?

Some of you have expectations way too high for a sub $150 third party figure. The body isn't slim enough but overall it's good for the money.

Where is this sub $150? Its $180.

I'm also one of the ones feeling a little better about this with the videos especially. Pictures can always be unreliable.

Where is this sub $150? Its $180.

I'm also one of the ones feeling a little better about this with the videos especially. Pictures can always be unreliable.

You're right. My bad, was looking at it in my currency, ?138. Still not bad.

The head is definitely on the small side... but I'm hoping by pulling the shoulders down and giving that suit the water treatment that it will hang better and look closer to Phoenix in the movie -- a skinny guy wearing a one-size-fits-all clown costume. It is NOT a fitted suit in the tradition of the comic book Joker.

Also, I can't remember, in the movie is his pistol black (like this one) or silver like the Mtoys version?

Maybe not fitted, but the jacket was still pretty narrow in the shoulders and nowhere as wide and baggy as Toysera made it.

The pants would be easy enough to take in, but unfortunately there's not much you can do with the jacket, other than to hope a water treatment can make it cling more to him or something.

Capturegf.JPG

Joker_Thumb.jpeg

I can play this game too with pictures...

joker-2019 (2).jpg

Arthur-Fleck-Red-Tuxedo.jpg

RGcxVQ6.jpg

This last picture is probably the best expression of the suit.

I'll grant you the shoulders should be narrower but the overall fall of the suit is baggy. Its supposed to be a clown costume fitted for anyone to use.

I think the wide shoulders will be an issue on every Joker doll available -- all tailored to a generic and cheap 1/6th body.

SW - M - TE - WT company COMP 10-7-19.jpg

A direct comparison is still the best way to tell other than the in-hand experience...

Joker COMP.jpg

The suit is really not too bad, its the head that's clearly small. Hoping some good posing will solve that issue overall.

Again, in the videos the head doesn't look as small as it does in photographs. Praying the pics are coming from camera phones with the usual warping going on. For example, in the above photo, how are we looking down on his shoes yet almost up at his face on something only 12 inches tall?

The only figure I can think of with a very slim body is the Arkham Asylum Joker. Is there any third party body close to those proportions?

Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Search amazon for obitsu 1/6 skinny body. But it doesn?t look natural to me.

It looks good enough for me, I'm sure the suit will look good with a little posing rather than standing straight up.

Back