JND Studios: The Dark Knight - Bale Batman 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JND destroys the QS.

I'd be eBay'ing the QS. Looks like a cheap toy in comparison.

Nice review and comparison. I have to say the QS looks like a painted sculpture, JND looks like a 1/3 man is wearing seperate armour pieces. Pumped to get him in.
Definitely agree, the new paint application on the silicon skin is amazing it’s got a great hue like there’s actual blood running., like subsurface scattering in games for human characters

Im trying to be polite here so please no one get offended, but are the eyes really fixed in position so if you get one where they have atchaforya you can’t fix it?

Attachments

• 619C0624-D7FE-4EB6-9978-BFBE223EC4DD.jpeg
    619C0624-D7FE-4EB6-9978-BFBE223EC4DD.jpeg
    466.4 KB · Views: 0
Im trying to be polite here so please no one get offended, but are the eyes really fixed in position so if you get one where they have atchaforya you can’t fix it?
You don't need tweezers, just use your finger tip. The silicone is is "sticky" so you have to use rotating motion with your finger tip to adjust the eye. I did it on mine. Its also possible to get the eyelids to close a bit more over the eyes.

PS. Take the eye piece out of the cowl first. It's not glued in place.

This piece could literally be 100% accurate to the film and people here would still find a way to criticise it lol. It's always the case with JND pieces.

JND is known to take artistic liberties with their statues. They've always done that. Whilst I certainly agree it's not totally accurate to the film suit, I think as a statue it's the best overall representation of this character IMO, and I think it's a near perfect execution by JND personally, mainly because I think the changes are for the better.

The only thing I don't like is the cape material, but as it's a separate piece I'm not bothered as I'm sure customs will be available.
Why custom cape? With this price tag, they could or nail it. We shouldn't have to go find a custom cape with this price tag. Come on, JND is suppose to be " detial oriented ". Sorry they cut some corner. But still the best batman so far in my opinion.

Getting mine tomorrow, scheduled to be delivered before 18:00. Haven't really got anywhere to put it yet so not sure if I'll open or not, will decide when I get it!
Sure I probably will... Psyched!

So it's being held at customs and being chosen for a physical inspection. Completely frustrating that someone is going to open it completely and most likely mishandle/damage it.

Has anyone got experience with in particular UK customs opening statues and inspecting?

So it's being held at customs and being chosen for a physical inspection. Completely frustrating that someone is going to open it completely and most likely mishandle/damage it.

Has anyone got experience with in particular UK customs opening statues and inspecting?
My biggest worry would be is if the customs official decides to remove Batman from the box. The way the head is attached to the body by a neck peg that fits into the mask means the mask head can fall off if you are not careful.

The next concern is how they repackage the statue

Hopefully they just open the box and don’t touch the statue.

Fingers crossed for you

My biggest worry would be is if the customs official decides to remove Batman from the box. The way the head is attached to the body by a neck peg that fits into the mask means the mask head can fall off if you are not careful.

The next concern is how they repackage the statue

Hopefully they just open the box and don’t touch the statue.

Fingers crossed for you

It's being delivered today - hopefully I had someone careful, even more hopefully they didn't actually touch the statue!

Got him in, thankfully he the package wasn't opened, they must have just physically inspected the outside box and scanned it.

Got him out and it's absolutely stunning. They've really developed their paint work and hair work on their portraits. The Batman body sculpt is hefty in weight and appearance. Genuinely looks like it's an inhabited suit. The eyes, texture and painting are their best yet for sure. An absolute home run and their best upgrade to date.

The gloss doesn't bother me, it really does make him pop, it's not overly distracting.

Also never realised until I got this in that he only has one canister on his front facing part of the belt.

Glad I opted to get him over Harley Quinn, although would have been really nice to have both.

I have noticed a split in the silicone on the Columella so going to message JND about that, it does sit flush after it has been adjusted but still.

I won't post pictures as others have posted much better than my phone will take, but the presence he has is phenomenal, great accompaniment to Joker.

Back