JND Studios: The Dark Knight - Bale Batman 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the opinion. It corresponds to the idea that I got even if I don't have the statue in my hand. I've always reported the eyes issue and the cape in particular to Jnd but they only focused on Bale's sculpt. They have excellent tailoring and I don't understand how they didn't use a more faithful material for that cape. They've done a great job, but it's a shame they haven't corrected and improved those two aspects.
Jnd should ship a better cape given the price of the statue.
Also the Queen's cape has always appeared to me imprecise and not of quality material.
With the eyes, it's an issue with glass eyes. You can't make the eye sockets too small. But the way they've done it still looks very good. The eyes are incredibly detailed.

As for the cape, I agree. I was somewhat disappointed as I've seen JND do far better. It works, but it doesn't drape as nicely as I'd like, as the material isn't heavy enough.

The Queen Studio's cape isn't perfect either, but it's very heavy and drapes beautifully, which is why I preferred it to this. The only issue with the Queen Studios cape is that the material is a little thin, so it can appear a little transparent if you shine light through it.

Overall, it's an amazing statue, despite my issues with the Cape. If you take the time to adjust it, it looks very good. For more fussy collectors, the cape is removable, so a custom cape is an option.

The eye detail is just nuts.

vEsSLwR.jpg

ZWaGnNx.jpg

Absolutely amazing. They really have improved their painting techniques and the details on the skin from Arthur Fleck. Astonishing what we as collectors are getting at this scale from them.

Would love to see the other pictures on the other sites if you got a link?

Absolutely amazing. They really have improved their painting techniques and the details on the skin from Arthur Fleck. Astonishing what we as collectors are getting at this scale from them.

Would love to see the other pictures on the other sites if you got a link?
Agree mate, I can't stop staring at it and taking pictures. It's absolutely astonishing what JND have done with this as far as realism goes. The new paint technique is nuts. Actually looks like real skin. Granted, he does look a bit too pale tbh lol.

Do you have Facebook mate? If not, I can upload them to a hosting site. Just might take a while as there is a fair few of them lol.
In the meantime, I just took these now and they were too good not to share:

v5aWYZa.jpg

Kyfqf8s.jpg

6UuarSv.jpg

Agree mate, I can't stop staring at it and taking pictures. It's absolutely astonishing what JND have done with this as far as realism goes. The new paint technique is nuts. Actually looks like real skin. Granted, he does look a bit too pale tbh lol.

Do you have Facebook mate? If not, I can upload them to a hosting site. Just might take a while as there is a fair few of them lol.
In the meantime, I just took these now and they were too good not to share:

v5aWYZa.jpg

Kyfqf8s.jpg

6UuarSv.jpg

Nice pictures as well. You got him and Joker lined up together? I do, did you put them into a specific group?

Can't get over how much he looks like a mini Christian Bale from the film, going to be blown away when I get mine in.

Nice pictures as well. You got him and Joker lined up together? I do, did you put them into a specific group?

Can't get over how much he looks like a mini Christian Bale from the film, going to be blown away when I get mine in.
Thanks mate. Yeah I do. I'll post up a picture of my display later, gotta get some sleep for now lol. I posted the pictures in the following groups:

Statue Collectors United
The Dark Knight Collectors
Statue Collectors
BATMAN STATUE COLLECTOR ~ Brotherhood Of The Bat Collectibles

He really does look like a mini Bale hey. It's crazy. You're going to love it.

This is an absolute stunning piece🤤. Way better than QS Bale. If Bale was my favorite batman I'd replace my queen studios 1/3 Bale with this one in a heartbeat! With that said, I'm good with the queen studios 1/3 Bale batman. Anyways I have my heart set on JND's Cavill Superman they just teased😍.

Awesome pics Xpl0sive. Really glad you're enjoying this statue. It's freaking badass👍

This is an absolute stunning piece🤤. Way better than QS Bale. If Bale was my favorite batman I'd replace my queen studios 1/3 Bale with this one in a heartbeat! With that said, I'm good with the queen studios 1/3 Bale batman. Anyways I have my heart set on JND's Cavill Superman they just teased😍.

Awesome pics Xpl0sive. Really glad you're enjoying this statue. It's freaking badass👍
Thank you bro. The QS piece is definitely decent for the money and I owned that too, but I'm just super fussy and wanted the best version of Bale Batman I could get as this is my favourite trilogy of all time. I feel like this statue finally scratches that itch for me lol. It's my current favourite statue so I've been spamming the pics online lol.

Thank you bro. The QS piece is definitely decent for the money and I owned that too, but I'm just super fussy and wanted the best version of Bale Batman I could get as this is my favourite trilogy of all time. I feel like this statue finally scratches that itch for me lol. It's my current favourite statue so I've been spamming the pics online lol.
I don't blame you man. I think it's THE definitive Bale batman. If he's still available for retail in a few months I may just pull the trigger.

Cheers for the links, think I've seen them all in the JND group on Facebook, looking incredible. Nice and clean setup you have!
I think your pictures have captured clearly why I think JND are the best around. Whether the likeness is off by 10% or whatever inaccuracies there are, you get nice lighting and it actually looks like you have that character in 1/3 in your room.

The presence he has is amazing.

Also the eyes being wider don't look a problem, with the position of his cowl tilt the eye slits look like they cover them enough to give them impression.

Received my Batman today and unfortunately the statue arrived with a paint scrape to the cowl and the unmasked head snapped off from the neck. Very disappointed as this is the fourth JND piece I have received with some form of issue

Overall its a beautiful statue, probably their best one yet. Its also very heavy

Received my Batman today and unfortunately the statue arrived with a paint scrape to the cowl and the unmasked head snapped off from the neck. Very disappointed as this is the fourth JND piece I have received with some form of issue

Overall its a beautiful statue, probably their best one yet. Its also very heavy

Sorry to hear that mate, rotten luck - you bought straight from JND? If you message them on Facebook also send them an email [email protected] - hopefully they'll be able to sort that pretty quick!

Thanks mate

Fingers crossed JND will send a replacement. I’ve a email and usually you get a prompt reply

FedEx were a pain to deal with. £545 in customs and couldn’t pay by card due to not having an invoice created. The shipping box was pretty banged up when it arrived.

Back