JND Studios: The Dark Knight - Bale Batman 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess what they say about eye of the beholder is true. Why is JND the "Ultimate?" because they charge twice as much and market it as "hyper-real"? To each their own but I look at it and can't help feeling it looks sort of frumpy/stalky with a ho-hum pose, goofy cape, still not perfect sculpt and now that I notice a codpiece that makes him look kinda like he's the one in the "Hockey suit." I get that people want it to look EXACTLY like the actor but holey crap the Queen studios is amazing other than it doesn't look 100% like bale. The pose is way better and more menacing and the body is way better IMHO. From my judgement, I can't see anyone having the Queen piece and being to remorseful that they would sell it and replace with a twice as expensive hyped up but far less than perfect JND bat (see my comparisons earlier in this thread. Maybe use your extra money on the JND Selena which is very nice and with consistent proportions between the JND and Queen bats, I bet JND Selena would look really good with Queen bat.

Cheers - JC
I'm assuming this was directed at me since you quoted my post, but I never said JND is the ultimate and certainly don't buy into the marketing they spin that's for sure. I own nothing from them so far.

I'm a very neutral fan here, no bias since I already own QS and ordered JND, but there are certainly things QS did better, such as the pose. I agree and did mention that the pose on the JND isn't the best, even though it's not drastically different from QS, it does kind of look like he is just standing there with his hands in his pockets rather than a more 'battle ready' pose.

The body proportions on JND are definitely better. Have a look at studio shots of Bale in the suit and you'll see what I mean. The legs are kind of long on the QS piece. It never really bothered me, was just something I noticed when I got it, he has this taller slender look. It became more obvious to me once I saw JND's.

The cape on JND is probably my most disliked part of the statue, but I'm hoping they improve it.

I disagree about JND Selina Kyle. I actually think it's the worst statue JND has made. Face looks like a tranny, it's very ugly. QS did a far better job with their Selina Kyle likeness, and I don't think it would pair well with QS Batman at all due to the drastic differences in the bases.

Overall, is the JND piece perfect? No, but it's quite close. A slight tweak of the pose and a darker cape and it's there IMO. I'm not remorseful for owning the QS piece, I like it, I've just never been 100% satisfied with it, and given that this is my favourite trilogy of all time and I want the best version of Bale Batman available, I'm willing to pay the (admittedly rip-off) price for the JND Batman, as I don't really buy much else these days.

Who knows, I may even keep both statues. They both have their pros and cons, but in all honesty, I think if QS had the headsculpt of the JND one I probably wouldn't have bothered with the JND piece as it would be good enough for me.

Detail looks much better in your photos for sure. I'd love to see a photo from a similar distance as the one I posted, though.
FB_IMG_1623028554858.jpg

brucewayne2 (1).jpg

Well, uhm then since batman pictured above is Queen Studios Batman, Your JND duo will look like this together...

51698337593_3357c1045e_o_d.jpg

I think you are right about the single batman, but still my point was I think Queen bat maybe takes cake here for me especially at half the price.

Cheers - JC
Oops I guess the excitement got the best of me. The pose on the queen is better imo but still like the bale head more on the JND

Detail looks much better in your photos for sure. I'd love to see a photo from a similar distance as the one I posted, though.
Here's a natural prospective without the harsh UV light blast....
51699974430_e908fbcb58_o_d.jpg

Again Queen Bat is serious Badass and If you look at the two pairing with JND Selena I posted, I would be hard pressed not to say that Queen Bat looks like a better boyfriend for her than the JND one no matter how high quality materials they used to make him. I think they broke the mold on Selena.

Cheers - JC

QS does some things well for sure on the piece. I think their Bale head is pretty well done and the body/suit is good, as well. The biggest problems for me are that the cowl sculpt doesn’t look like Bale’s chin at all, the base is way too cartoonish for my liking, and it’s just hard to compare the quality of painted polystone to silicone. I think both pieces will suffice you depending on your budget. I do think the JND piece is better though, and the dual of Batman and Bruce is just a fantastic concept and looks awesome.

QS does some things well for sure on the piece. I think their Bale head is pretty well done and the body/suit is good, as well. The biggest problems for me are that the cowl sculpt doesn’t look like Bale’s chin at all, the base is way too cartoonish for my liking, and it’s just hard to compare the quality of painted polystone to silicone. I think both pieces will suffice you depending on your budget. I do think the JND piece is better though, and the dual of Batman and Bruce is just a fantastic concept and looks awesome.

:exactly:

The QS Batman isn't bad by any means but I'm happy I waited for JND.

I don't trust silicon to last and I have no intention to re-buy these same statues in 5-10 years. Some of the silicon pieces look very realistic but the fact that maintenance is required is a big turnoff and an indication that deterioration is a ticking clock. I realize not everyone feels this way, some people want the absolute highest realism possible right now no matter what.

I like the Hot toys Idea of dual Bruce and Alfred at the armory which I have enjoyed for 10 years. If JND did that, I would drop $4k nP. I get the concept of duality with Bruce and Batman, but batman with catwoman or surrounded by his villains is cooler to me.

I don't trust silicon to last and I have no intention to re-buy these same statues in 5-10 years. Some of the silicon pieces look very realistic but the fact that maintenance is required is a big turnoff and an indication that deterioration is a ticking clock. I realize not everyone feels this way, some people want the absolute highest realism possible right now no matter what.
I'm with you there. I bought Prime1 "The Terminator with deluxe torn up battle damage head and figure I'd try that as first silicone piece because really doesn't matter as much if it ages might kinda go with the theme... but couldn't resist the JND Selena... just to smokin hot and good. I actually like the QS Selena on Batpod 1/3 but to me that would be just too big and you lose much of her body to that pose on the vehicle + I already have that in 1/6 with the HT Catwoman and Batpod which is more manageable to display so JND was my choice for 1/3 Catwoman. I am conflicted still on the JND Bat cause more I look at promo photos more I don't like it but I know things change when you see it in the wild so I might wait for better video and if still available may get in future.

Interesting. Curious, what's the lifespan of silicone? I always thought they lasted 10+ years but I may be wrong

The only issue with silicone is that it sweats and dust/particles get stuck to it very easily. I’ve seen close ups of JND Wonder Woman figures and there’s always cloth/lint on the skin that don’t naturally just fall or slide off.
I’m guessing it’s easy to rub off…but if you’re getting something this expensive made of silicone you will definitely want it in a dust proof case.

The only issue with silicone is that it sweats and dust/particles get stuck to it very easily. I’ve seen close ups of JND Wonder Woman figures and there’s always cloth/lint on the skin that don’t naturally just fall or slide off.
I’m guessing it’s easy to rub off…but if you’re getting something this expensive made of silicone you will definitely want it in a dust proof case.
Definitely, I've seen pics where tiny bits of hair and fluff were stuck on to the skin, it looks like a pain

Back