JND Studios: Superman (Christopher Reeve) 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to go with just Superman instead of the duo. Forgot I had 155 rewards points which pretty much cut my deposit in halfšŸ˜€. Anyways, glad to have gotten my PO in directly with JND. Now let's see if they make improvements to the sculpt for the production pieces.

Never owned a JND Piece before but I caved in and got the Superman Piece (Not Dual). I also have Cavill's Superman on order as well. Plan on displaying them next to each other.

Reeve's Helicopter Rescue and Cavill's First Flight are my all time favorite Superman Moments on screen

Still not "sold out."

Both POs are still up for sale - this might be the longest a JND prdouct has still been up in recent memory that is direct from them.

Watched the video and I think statue looks amazing, happy for the ppl who are fans of Christopher! If they'll release 1/6 I'll jump on it! Clark Kent is definitely a highlight of this set!

Also just noticed new eye ball has a peg behind, so WONKY EYE ERA is gone!!! I complained about this for so long in JND group lol View attachment 645098

They've been doing pegged eyes since Arthur Fleck.

Surprised by the price for this. and slightly annoyed, I still don't know how they justified Cavill's Superman for such a high price with a single sculpt.

Also surprised this hasn't sold out. There's improvements for sure but overall they look pretty stellar. Not a fan of Reeves Superman so easy pass for me, though.

Well, maybe Iā€™m a sucker, but I reeeeeally wanted that Clark Kent and since Arnie Kimā€™s is waaaaay out of my price range (I think I heard those are in the $10k ballpark), I went for the dual set :thud:

My other rationalization was that the Clark addition is only $1400 extra compared to the over $2k of a standard JND piece. Even Pattisonā€™s Bruce Wayne was $2200, so I guess technically itā€™s a good value :lol

Really hope they actually do make some of the adjustments like they said they would, though. I just knew I would be kicking myself for missing out on this in the end.
You never know, fixing the hair might work wonders for the likeness
I think so b/c the digital sculpt with the sculpted hair looked pretty spot on.
I guess the more complex pose went some way to explaining Cavill's pricing
Maybe šŸ¤” I didnā€™t think about the fact that heā€™s basically balancing all his weight on one foot (and on his toes at that, not even the full foot) might factor into the complexity of the build/manufacturing, which would then be passed onto the total price.

Really? Why Mera and Harley ended up wonky most of the time then. Strange.
I remember there was a whole discussion in the group about that.
Yea, Iā€™ve rewatched some of the early videos and WW84, Catwoman and Harley donā€™t appear to have the little peg attached to the eyes. You can even see in the Harley video how they freely roll the eye side to side to fix the positioning once itā€™s already in the eye socket. TDK Batman has the peg but itā€™s a bit shallower and not as long as the ones used on the Pattinson, Reeve and Cavill pieces. So, it could be that the previous statues had the peg, but the peg was just too shallow (like the TDK Batman ones) to really do anything; therefore, they made these newer ones with longer pegs to actually keep the eyes in place

Last edited:
Yea, Iā€™ve rewatched some of the early videos and WW84, Catwoman and Harley donā€™t appear to have the little peg attached to the eyes. You can even see in the Harley video how they freely roll the eye side to side to fix the positioning once itā€™s already in the eye socket. TDK Batman has the peg but itā€™s a bit shallower and not as long as the ones used on the Pattinson, Reeve and Cavill pieces. So, it could be that the previous statues had the peg, but the peg was just too shallow (like the TDK Batman ones) to really do anything; therefore, they made these newer ones with longer pegs to actually keep the eyes in place
Yes,that's what's what I meant. Haven't noticed such a long peg before. Happy they updated that feature, as nothing bugs me more than wonky eyes lol :monkey2 :monkey3

Guarantee you every statue has pegged eyes, it's been shown in all the reveal videos. They do look longer now, I've said in a previous comment, though, that silicone is soft, therefore even with a peg there's room for it to be adjusted just enough to either get it in its true correct positioning or to be slightly out of alignment. Anyone having 'wonky' eyes are able to adjust it themselves 100%.

Go to 4:36, you can see him holding the eye by the peg. I was actually looking for the reveal video but this came up first. If you even watch any of their recent Instagram reels of 'this isn't a real person', it's usually a video of them inserting the pegged eye into its socket.

In regards to the posing of Superman being the markup - I doubt it. In their video the put the pricing on pretty much the global economy and relation to Ukraine war with sourcing materials etc. So clearly it was a short-timed markup, which is really obvious now that the price of this Duo, two portraits, a whole body and leather intricate materials being only $100 more than Cavill Superman with one extra sculpt. It's crazy.

Looks like the Duo sold out, though!

For sure if I was a fan I'd have secured this. People will be kicking themselves for not when this releases I imagine.

Watched the video and I think statue looks amazing, happy for the ppl who are fans of Christopher! If they'll release 1/6 I'll jump on it! Clark Kent is definitely a highlight of this set!

Also just noticed new eye ball has a peg behind, so WONKY EYE ERA is gone!!! I complained about this for so long in JND group lol View attachment 645098
I'm kind of wishing that if the Reeves "estate" finally gave them the OK for them to do a Reeves statue, then maybe InArt or others have a chance in a different scale eg 1/6 scale. Fingers crossed. I'd totally be in for a Superman + Clark - 2 pack from InArt in 1/6 scale !

Just don't want to spend this much money, and also don't have the space for 1/3 scale.

But kudos to those getting this. Looks frigging amazing (especially if they can tweak Superman) !!!

Yes,that's what's what I meant. Haven't noticed such a long peg before. Happy they updated that feature, as nothing bugs me more than wonky eyes lol :monkey2 :monkey3
They need to re-orientate the eyes on this because the way they are pegged in now, makes him look a bit cross-eyed, or as if he is focused on something inches away his face.
Moving the right eye's iris a little more to the right solves that (as would the opposite with the left eye).

supe-iris.jpg

For as underwhelming as this looks, I honestly think the sculpt is there. It's the hair (and lousy lighting) that's throwing it all off.

Last edited:
I'm kind of wishing that if the Reeves "estate" finally gave them the OK for them to do a Reeves statue, then maybe InArt or others have a chance in a different scale eg 1/6 scale. Fingers crossed. I'd totally be in for a Superman + Clark - 2 pack from InArt in 1/6 scale !

Just don't want to spend this much money, and also don't have the space for 1/3 scale.

But kudos to those getting this. Looks frigging amazing (especially if they can tweak Superman) !!!
Sorry to be that guy but his name is ā€œReeveā€ not ā€œReeves.ā€
I understand that itā€™s common to just add the ā€œsā€ to his last name; but, it irritates me simply b/c we do have a Reeves (with an ā€œsā€) Superman and itā€™s George Reeves, who was a great Superman in his own right.

Now that thatā€™s out of the way-InArt already mentioned multiple times that anything before the 2000s isnā€™t really on their radar currently b/c cinema didnā€™t really come to China until then. The reason why that matters is b/c their licensing with WB is regionally specific to China right now, which is why you donā€™t see every single shop in the US, for instance, stocking InArt figures. From the sounds of it, Terminator may be their first pre-2000s figure and thatā€™s only if Studio Canal allows them to since Queen Studios (InArt parent company) is releasing a T800 bust. Would be awesome if InArt made a Reeve set, but I wouldnā€™t count on it any time soon (unless itā€™s a random surprise reveal), especially given the amount of figures theyā€™re already currently planning.

Keep in mind that JND will be joining the 1/6 scale game also. When? Who knows, but I can see them doing a 1/6 1978 Clark Kent & Superman set especially since they already have the license.

Sorry to be that guy but his name is ā€œReeveā€ not ā€œReeves.ā€
I understand that itā€™s common to just add the ā€œsā€ to his last name; but, it irritates me simply b/c we do have a Reeves (with an ā€œsā€) Superman and itā€™s George Reeves, who was a great Superman in his own right.

Now that thatā€™s out of the way-InArt already mentioned multiple times that anything before the 2000s isnā€™t really on their radar currently b/c cinema didnā€™t really come to China until then. The reason why that matters is b/c their licensing with WB is regionally specific to China right now, which is why you donā€™t see every single shop in the US, for instance, stocking InArt figures. From the sounds of it, Terminator may be their first pre-2000s figure and thatā€™s only if Studio Canal allows them to since Queen Studios (InArt parent company) is releasing a T800 bust. Would be awesome if InArt made a Reeve set, but I wouldnā€™t count on it any time soon (unless itā€™s a random surprise reveal), especially given the amount of figures theyā€™re already currently planning.
OK sure, but in this case it signifies ownership. i.e his estate. Technically I should have written Reeve's but I missed it.

A different example might be Reeve's car or Reeve's house. Or perhaps Gipetto's post. You don't say Gipetto post.

In any case. I'll be more careful with my grammar in the future.

OK sure, but in this case it signifies ownership. i.e his estate. Technically I should have written Reeve's but I missed it.

A different example might be Reeve's car or Reeve's house. Or perhaps Gipetto's post. You don't say Gipetto post.

In any case. I'll be more careful with my grammar in the future.
True, but you also said ā€œa Reeves statueā€ which, in the context of your sentence, didnā€™t signify ownership :wink1:

Also, considering you put ā€œtheā€ before ā€œReeves estateā€, it wouldnā€™t even be proper grammar to put an apostrophe and ā€œsā€ there anyway. It would either be ā€œthe Reeve estateā€ or just ā€œReeveā€™s estate,ā€ rather than ā€œthe Reeveā€™s estate.ā€

Again, sorry to be that guy and a pain about it :slap Itā€™s just something that always bothers me since most ppl do it without a care, usually using either last name interchangeably, without even considering that we do have a Reeves Superman thatā€™s an entirely different person. Iā€™m a huge Superman fan and itā€™s just one of those pet peeves of mine when ppl do that.

Iā€™m honestly not the best with grammar myself and frequently go back to try and fix my posts so they are at least a little more grammatically correct. Like I said, this is just a pet peeve of mine that I tend to feel compelled to correct if I actually catch it. You just happen to be the one this time :lol

Last edited:
Keep in mind that JND will be joining the 1/6 scale game also. When? Who knows, but I can see them doing a 1/6 1978 Clark Kent & Superman set especially since they already have the license.
The only way that would work is if they got the license for all scales. Licenses arenā€™t catch all and are rather specific. Itā€™s why Enterbay was only able to do 1/4 scale TDK Batman figures instead of directly competing with HT at 1/6. HT had exclusive rights to 1/6 and were only able to finally do a 1/4 TDK Joker when the Enterbay license expired.
For a similar reason, we donā€™t know if JND will be able to have a global license for a 1/6 Reeve Superman figure. As previously mentioned, even InArtā€™s DC license is regional instead of global, which is why we have to go to places like OSK to order. SpecFiction obviously has some deal to import items that are typically only offered outside of the US, but other wise, you canā€™t get them at a US retailer.

If it were to become an issue, I could see them maybe trying to get around it in the same way that DiD got around Eon and BCS by releasing a fully licensed ā€œRoger Mooreā€ figure that was clearly him as James Bond. However, in the product description, they say itā€™s based on photographs of him, the person, while filming rather than being actually based on him as 007/James Bond in a particular movie.

Last edited:
Back