JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this old FB comment by JND regarding the silicone lifespan. This was also said in 2020 so I wonder if it’s gotten better since then
This caught my attention:
"If left alone, JND Studio statue will experience no degradation and maintain exact form for 30 years and more"

But we won't left alone an action figure. We will pose it at least once, will it hold up?

Another interesting thing I noticed in the video is that there are many glass eyes there - if I have not known that it is 2025 Q2 I would have guessed that they are nearly finished... interesting...

I have the InArt rooted two-pack and I still have not decided yet whether to get this or not.. I tend to agree with those who does not feel there is enough added value to the InArt price which was also somewhat overpriced - yes, the tech is there, but how many of that actually matters when the figure is fully clothed and the real skin tone on the face is mostly hidden by white paint... Very bad choice for a figure to demonstrate the need for these tech.

And an other thing is that there are many risks - first attempt in 1/6 for JND, risk of silicone, what if too much degradation comparing to the proto, what if the magnetic eyes end up hard to control... And let's not compare this to customs since there will be 3500 (or 6500) made?

On the other hand, I like the normal sculpt; and I don't think new versions of this particular Joker version coming for a while... and there is the FOMO of course :) so I am still on the fence...

This caught my attention:
"If left alone, JND Studio statue will experience no degradation and maintain exact form for 30 years and more"

But we won't left alone an action figure. We will pose it at least once, will it hold up?

Another interesting thing I noticed in the video is that there are many glass eyes there - if I have not known that it is 2025 Q2 I would have guessed that they are nearly finished... interesting...

I have the InArt rooted two-pack and I still have not decided yet whether to get this or not.. I tend to agree with those who does not feel there is enough added value to the InArt price which was also somewhat overpriced - yes, the tech is there, but how many of that actually matters when the figure is fully clothed and the real skin tone on the face is mostly hidden by white paint... Very bad choice for a figure to demonstrate the need for these tech.

And an other thing is that there are many risks - first attempt in 1/6 for JND, risk of silicone, what if too much degradation comparing to the proto, what if the magnetic eyes end up hard to control... And let's not compare this to customs since there will be 3500 (or 6500) made?

On the other hand, I like the normal sculpt; and I don't think new versions of this particular Joker version coming for a while... and there is the FOMO of course :) so I am still on the fence...
In the exact same boat as you! I’ve always wanted a real rooted hair figure but there’s some things that are turning me off on this figure too. One being the price, the second being if the silicone will hold up over the years and lastly the weapons not being diecast and even not licensed

3000 units across the board. 30 years is plenty, who’s to say any of us got another 30 years left in us? This figure will be topped way before that, the question is do you want to wait until that happens or not. Regardless of the articulation JND decides to implement, these things are more or less designed to be display pieces only with a bit of futzing, slight pose here, rotate the neck there. Most of the joy will come from staring at it than anything else.

3000 units across the board. 30 years is plenty, who’s to say any of us got another 30 years left in us? This figure will be topped way before that, the question is do you want to wait until that happens or not. Regardless of the articulation JND decides to implement, these things are more or less designed to be display pieces only with a bit of futzing, slight pose here, rotate the neck there. Most of the joy will come from staring at it than anything else.
See comments like this keeps me on the fence 😂

Staring mostly from a distance too. These sculpts, whether from Kojun, Viper or Howard are all going to look the same. Like I mentioned previously, its all ego at this point.
You’re absolutely right. The only thing that makes me want this is that it’s real rooted hair and I’ve never had a figure like that and the InArt Joker I have is sculpted hair

Staring mostly from a distance too. These sculpts, whether from Kojun, Viper or Howard are all going to look the same. Like I mentioned previously, its all ego at this point.
No ego bro, just want any and every advancement possible. That’s why we buy 1:6 instead of hasbro or marvel legends.

Let them pose the head/neck and leave it. Watch what happens.

That’s probably why they over sculpted the grandpa neck. So when it does start to stretch and crack you won’t be able to tell because it was always wrinkly and raisin like.

AE822DBE-139D-4181-ABA1-35F7EA634584.jpeg

If you cannot be delicate with things you own then that speaks on the person more than anything.

So, the magnetic eye controller is double-ended.
View attachment 679444

Could this mean that each end is specifically assigned/polarised to an eye in order to avoid the misalignment issues of knocking one eye out of position while moving the other?
Is that even a possibility?
Excellent theory Chopper! That cash looks really well done.

Last edited:
View attachment 679444

Could this mean that each end is specifically assigned/polarised to an eye in order to avoid the misalignment issues of knocking one eye out of position while moving the other?
Prepare for the cross-eyed Joker. Opposites attract

My point was that 30 years was mentioned about "left alone statues". We don't have any statements about the 1/6 figures (besides the not-so-reassuring type C "you will get 1 - ONE - I mean 1 extra pair of replacement arms if it breaks"). I'd sleep better if they give some guarantee that the body will be fine for at least 5 years, but there is none. We just take the risk. It could crack in one year, and they can say it was mishandled. Look at what happened with some of the HT 1:1 Grogus - new tech, some of them cracked really fast... And we don't know how JND would react to a defect. Not saying that this will happen, but there is a risk.

And even if it is topped eventually, I don't want my 1K figure to disintegrate because of that... Drop in the value because of a better version is fine, but not because it suddenly disintegrates causing the value drop straight to 0.

"slight pose" - let's assume I would like to put it in the grenade pose and leave there for years. Will the elbow crack? And we are back to my other point - if we are going to basically keep it in museum pose or rarely pose it, does the extra tech worth it? For me - since I don't know the clothing enough to tell which one is more screen accurate, it is not a big factor for me - the only thing with added value comparing to the InArt rooted is the headsculpt. And this is where the "will it be that good" comes in - for me... We are at more than the double of InArt's price considering the difference in the accessories/diorama - just take a look at the extra HT asks for the added diorama pieces (e.g. No way home).

This is a good catch. But wouldn't then the reversed polarity push the other? Or we are not close enough to that? With all that being said I am a bit afraid of accidentally going too close with the controller and picking out the eye...

My point was that 30 years was mentioned about "left alone statues". We don't have any statements about the 1/6 figures (besides the not-so-reassuring type C "you will get 1 - ONE - I mean 1 extra pair of replacement arms if it breaks"). I'd sleep better if they give some guarantee that the body will be fine for at least 5 years, but there is none. We just take the risk. It could crack in one year, and they can say it was mishandled. Look at what happened with some of the HT 1:1 Grogus - new tech, some of them cracked really fast... And we don't know how JND would react to a defect. Not saying that this will happen, but there is a risk.

And even if it is topped eventually, I don't want my 1K figure to disintegrate because of that... Drop in the value because of a better version is fine, but not because it suddenly disintegrates causing the value drop straight to 0.

"slight pose" - let's assume I would like to put it in the grenade pose and leave there for years. Will the elbow crack? And we are back to my other point - if we are going to basically keep it in museum pose or rarely pose it, does the extra tech worth it? For me - since I don't know the clothing enough to tell which one is more screen accurate, it is not a big factor for me - the only thing with added value comparing to the InArt rooted is the headsculpt. And this is where the "will it be that good" comes in - for me... We are at more than the double of InArt's price considering the difference in the accessories/diorama - just take a look at the extra HT asks for the added diorama pieces (e.g. No way home).

This is a good catch. But wouldn't then the reversed polarity push the other? Or we are not close enough to that? With all that being said I am a bit afraid of accidentally going too close with the controller and picking out the eye...
I don’t think the whole body is silicone though. I think it’s just the sculpt, neck and extra forearms

Back