JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So many words and paragraphs, yet no substance in any of it. What a waste of time.

Here’s the bottom line boys, the JND Joker doll has the least amount of value. That is what is being discussed. Mosy people see that for what it is. Anyone that says differently is being disingenuous and purposely obtuse.

If you got one, great. I would get off the forum that discusses this thing though because you’re going to be in an endless defensive battle from now till when it ships.
in this economy, no figure can retain its value or rise. i can see this lowering in price if the economy continues to stay like this or get worse, same goes for inart and even hot toys. I've only seen like one person be able to flip the inart joker for 1700, the rest? hard sells at 1200, let alone 1000 for the deluxe pack. newly released figures that are waitlisted aren't able to hold its value and there's only a sliver of hope that inart's gandalf *might* just be able to hold but it is hard to tell right now

Great post, I agree with you on every point. I think we're all guilty of that hypocritical thinking to a greater or lesser degree.

I get the feeling your post was aimed squarely at veteran 1/6 collectors (which makes sense, as we're discussing a 1/6 figure).....but I want to just give a slightly different perspective.

I'm coming from the statue collecting side of things, (I only own 18 figures, mostly military pieces) - and as such, I don't really care what HT puts out. That said, and coming from the statue arena - seeing "my" companies like Queen and JND start to move towards 1/6 was, potentially the break I needed from those hyper expensive statues.....as a statue collector, I believed that Queen and JND were moving in that direction, because they'd wrung dry the statue community and were feeling the effects of a downturn in people's willingness to buy their expensive pieces.....these 1/6 figures were supposed to be the new affordable format for high end figures......oh, how foolish I was......instead, I see these companies, whose pricing caused so many statue collectors to tap out, transfer their game straight over to 1/6.

That's my complaint - and my warning to you 1/6 figure collectors. You're letting in the devil guys, and this isn't going to stop. Some might imagine this crazy pricing will be limited to InArt and Kojun Works.....trust me, HT and all of the others WILL follow. And what was once a reasonably affordable hobby, will be out of reach for many......proceed with extreme caution.

Thanks.

Yeah, that's my point precisely, we all are here to judge and critique and praise above and below directly on the item. But the hypocrisy needs to be pointed out to those that call the line at their beliefs of what's acceptable - and along with that, judgment should be kept at the figures, this convo has breached past negative critique sustained by the same people, dragging the thread down, doing exactly what they didn't like in threads like Inart Joker, and then casting judgment on those that want to pay for this piece. There's a certain type of people which need to look in the mirror.

It's funny, I've gone from 1/6 to statue to, not quite going back to 1/6 but dipping back to it. I think you're right, the two worlds are colliding for sure. Whether that's good or bad, I think it's good. There's still companies (hot Toys) catering to, although still climbing in price, those that want quality at an entry level price. But more and more people are wanting new and quality, and with that comes a higher price tag.

Also I understand apprehension behind products that are expensive and photos of those products that are bad. You get to make a call based on that, no one is judging an individual regardless of what choice they make on their willingness to pay or not. Those that buy the more expensive aren't justifying or compensating because they're paying a lot, believe you me, I'd choose to pay 0 for something that is dreadful, let alone continually paying high prices for items in which I supposedly need to keep justifying the quality for the price I'm paying.

But again, don't be a hypocrite whilst getting personal. It's a bad look, an even worse look on a toy forum.

It’s no contest which prototype looks more like Heath. If you’re happy with your IA that’s ok, nothing wrong with it, but there’s without a doubt a substantial upgrade here.

7FCAC1D1-0C4D-4C8A-A21B-1122408B6E7D.jpeg

B445B6B7-51AD-4125-A0D5-C647ABBAB218.jpeg

i just wished these companies would pay closer attention to the tailoring. after so many years no one has gotten it right in this scale. especially for the waistcoat. customs are recently getting somewhat closer, but nothing that scratches the itch entirely. i always hate seeing the vibrant and bright green waistcoats now

Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

would be ballsy of jnd if they did and i'd have more respect for them if they included 3 waistcoats lol the normal one you see for most of the movie, the one with the torn button at the top, and the one with the two newly sewn buttons at the top of the vest. at least it shows they care about the detail but i cant say much, they ****** up on the pants pattern for their arthur fleck statue

Yeah I wish the new white flower and gold coin buttons were included as he was wearing them during the scene the Rottweilers were featured in. Sigh.

Where’s our net to go over Bale JND? Include the pipe please.

91DF0C1B-5A01-4314-9AAE-E3BFB09217DE.jpeg

F51129C9-8D94-4F20-BB90-F880CD417A6E.jpeg

i just wished these companies would pay closer attention to the tailoring. after so many years no one has gotten it right in this scale. especially for the waistcoat. customs are recently getting somewhat closer, but nothing that scratches the itch entirely. i always hate seeing the vibrant and bright green waistcoats now

I'm wondering if painting bleach on the vest and coat would work to discolour it.

On the 1/3 scale JND painted dirt around the lapels of the coat, no idea why they haven't done it here.

This will always be an ongoing discussion in terms of value and worthiness of course. There’s people who buy cheap Insignia TV’s who are totally satisfied and there’s those who buy Sony OLED TV’s. Offer the same goal of a display but different quality. Some would never pay Sony prices and some will always pay it. Doesn’t mean they’re foolish or wasting money, just want the ‘best’ they can get at period of time. The 1/6 market now is pretty much a loss secondhand. Gone are the days where these are considered investments because of the flooding. I’ve come to accept that which is why I’m trying to stick to very limited releases moving forward. Buy what you want but doesn’t make sense to judge someone for wanting to buy this or not wanting to.

Yeah I wish the new white flower and gold coin buttons were included as he was wearing them during the scene the Rottweilers were featured in. Sigh.

Where’s our net to go over Bale JND? Include the pipe please.

View attachment 679183
View attachment 679184

They should have gone all in with a a Prewitt Building Seige Joker. Separate it from all the same **** Hot Toys and InArt have already done.

Lose the machine gun, glock, and grenade rig, give him the the pipe, specific vintage buttons, net, detonator, his other knives and an RPG. Along with the dogs, it would make this release stand out from all the others. Hell, could have done a Nurse Joker two-pack. Instead of two regular purple suits again, get something unique that hasn’t been done AND put your new silicone tech in the exposed arms and legs.

Too late now.

Last edited:
Depending on how well this release goes for them, I can see them finally offering people the Bank Robber / Nurse two pack. Neither one of those two will likely sell for JND pricing, however together they’ll be very sought after, giving JND ample opportunity to go all out with this new tech as has been mentioned. I have a feeling there’s a reason they didn’t give us a Remington 870 here.

It’s safe to say we’ll be seeing more Ledger, Bale, Phoenix, Gadot, Affleck, Cavill, Reeve, and Ford from them in this line. But each will be minimum $1k retail.
They will definitely mimic their Reeve statue two pack.

Last edited:
their next figure will be yet another Bale Batman/Armory and young Harry Potter trio. :monkey2
Oh man, the Harry Potter trio will look surreal after being JNDised by the silicone treatment with ball-bag textured necks and their signature hungover and dehydrated skin tone.

Phoenix Joker is becoming a problem now. The InArt set is almost perfect apart from missing that finale ‘blood smile’ face. I love the Murray show diorama but if JND end up being the only company to offer that iconic face, I’ll feel like I’ve missed out. Definitely can’t justify sets from both companies at these prices- so need to focus on leaning on InArt to throw in one more head sculpt to provide a definitive package.

You get such wildly opposing viewpoints with Ledger sculpts. Truly these companies cannot hope to please everyone.

If I'm ever to get a Ledger Joker in my collection again I really just have to pick one and be done with it, never look back. And as I'm not willing to spend over a grand on one, that's looking like the Hot Toys DX32.....if I get one at all.

Yeah, the price is a substantial upgrade too!
Well of course, refining is hardly ever free. But the rooted IA were about what? 450-500 each had they been sold individually? Here you’re getting a likeness that actually resembles the actor as he appears in the film, individually punched rooted hair that isn’t extremely thick at his roots, a skull, more accurate suit, more accurate grenade rig, better shoes, socks, tie, base, blazer, magnetic glass eyes, silicone seamless arms, a coat that is better than any we have seen before, plenty for just 500ish more. Of course someone will be quick to inform me about its existence being a prototype as if I wasn’t aware. Kojun claims this will surpass the prototype, we didn’t get that promise from IA. To promise that on your first figure is ballsy and shouldn’t be sneezed at.

Last edited:
I
Well of course, refining is hardly ever free. But the rooted IA were about what? 450-500 each had they been sold individually? Here you’re getting a likeness that actually resembles the actor as he appears in the film, individually punched rooted hair that isn’t extremely thick at his roots, a skull, more accurate suit, more accurate grenade rig, better shoes, socks, tie, base, blazer, magnetic glass eyes, silicone seamless arms, a coat that is better than any we have seen before, plenty for just 500ish more.
I'm aware the figure is amazing, but the price is out of reach. I'd rather accept mediocritiy for cheaper because at least i don't break the bank and still have something cool 🤷‍♂️ good to have options for people though, people who want a great Heath Ledger Joker are eating good, we had nothing for a while and now there's 3 and imo they're all great options, and substantially better than anything we got before. But in 10 years time, even more realistic looking figures will come out and we'll say the same thing. (Probably)

I agree with that assessment, it all comes down to your comfortability with how much you choose to spend on any given character, no matter what you spend there’s always a possibility for better. However I genuinely don’t see there being competition to this for awhile if what Kojun says rings true. HT didn’t really try to innovate much with theirs, IA has a backlog of releases and ideas of releases.

Last edited:
You've formed an opinion based on extremely loose evidence. You're making the classic mistake of comparing studio quality photos with - and I know I'm going to offend some people - monkey's taking photos with a potatoe camera. It's the difference between seeing Scar Jo in a movie after post makeup and editing vs seeing her in harsh light with mud in your eyes. The overwhelming majority of "in-hand" photos are taken by over enthusiastic owners, who don't account for lighting, lens distortion or any other image effects.....

And that's what you're forming an opinion on.....now, don't get me wrong, as bad as the owners photos are, the Studio photos are also taken under "perfect" conditions - conditions you're unlikely to replicate in your own - real world - environment.....so, a lie, compared to another lie.....the reality is, you need to see these pieces in the flesh, with your own eyes.

I get it, these are expensive, so buying one without being able to vet it beforehand is a risk......but, that doesn't make your assumptions correct.

And yes, I will die on that hill - because unlike you're second hand conclusion, my own experience was won by taking the "risk" and finding out first hand.

I’m glad you took the risk and I’m happy you’re happy with the end product. But if you’re trying to convince me that my opinion is wrong because I don’t own any of the following:

IMG_1357.jpeg

I do NOT see Ledger. AT ALL. Also, he looks like he’s been hitting that bong a little too hard and is having a bad trip. This statue was modded apparently and typically these pics are taken with the utmost care: right angle, perfect distance and flattering light. ITS A WELL DONE PIECE…but that doesn’t solve its major issue:

A VERY weak ledger likeness.

IMG_1355.jpeg

This apparently belongs to xXJ0kerXx1 and he stated the following:
that is my arthur fleck, i own it and i admit the hair is not the best same for the paint compared to the prototype. it just sucks terribly for larger scale statues that the products gets tossed around in shipping or they arent putting nearly enough product in their hair like inart does or if they're not styling the hairs properly in their earlier works. a lot can be improved on their earlier pieces. but needless to say, I've seen worse arthur flecks that exist with how the hair is and how high they made the hairline. the one thing to me that especially kills inart pieces are how they handle the hair. it just cant be protected or maintained during shipping and i hope that is something they're able to improve upon.

i don't care how you get the heads to us, just get it styled and keep it styled from point A to B

xXJ0kerXx1 acknowledges the flaws in the hair and paint apps. it didn’t take for me to own the statue or seeing it with my own ‘un-muddied’ eyes to ALSO see the flaws with the hair and paint apps. He’s aware it could’ve been better, but he still maintains an appreciation for it. That’s great and I’m happy for him.

IMG_1350.jpeg

Another photo, taken professionally.

Once again, I don’t need to own this to see the paint apps didn’t do this sculpt any favors. It’s a pretty good sculpt, except the lips (where once again pics show me all I need to see) look like he’s SEVERELY dehydrated. Every photo of this statue makes me wanna throw a bucket of water at him and immediately administer an IV drip.

I don’t agree with your assessment on the quality of these JND statues, that in order to have a valid opinion I MUST own these. That’s like saying ‘you must get through the excruciatingly boring first FEW HOURS of a game to get to the good parts’. Or “dont mind the crappy FIRST HALF of the movie. It gets better eventually”

It’s like….no, if it doesn’t grab me within the first few minutes, I drop that thing harder than 3rd period math and move on to something else that’s worth my time and energy. JND’s first few retail releases didn’t wow me then, they don’t wow me now. I don’t have faith to “take a risk” juuuuust to see it with my own eyes with a mentality of “im sure it’ll look better in person”.

Before I drop over 1K on anything, I do my research. I look at picture after picture, watch video after video. My eyes at that point have absorbed all kinds of angles, camera lenses, lighting etc etc. if that particular item is straight up dumpster fire in EVERY aspect…yeah, I’m not gonna drop 1K+ just so I can see it with my own eyes and participate in a discussion forum.

Ultimately, if you like it, that’s great. If you love it, even better. I don’t share that enthusiasm.

Kojun claims this will surpass the prototype, we didn’t get that promise from IA.
We also have claims in this thread that every JND statue produced has surpassed the proto quality- despite all photographic evidence strongly suggesting that is entirely untrue.

But, so long as people are willing to push that narrative, since apparently no camera in existence can accurately capture the sheer magnificence of a JND production piece- only those who purchase the items are granted the gift of observing their true brilliance with their naked eyes, Kohun can happily claim that whatever they put out will indeed be better than what we’re seeing in these perfect condition press shots.

Any pictures that emerge suggesting otherwise can simply be dismissed as lies and propaganda or the product of inept collectors with potato cameras.

If you also consider the presented quality of the proto to be a lie due to the conditions of the photography, I guess you allow yourself to deny any measurable baseline standard ever existed- therefore, whatever you end up with must be better than a lie…

Back